• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Mommies Club x

my nipple looks like it is becoming infected again :( i think i am going to switch to formula... shame tho as he was doing so well. was 9lb 2oz yesterday!!!!!!!! xx

aww hun i'm sorry you're having big probs :( if i get mastitis between now and me 'enjoying' BFing then i can see me making the switch too! i'm having a tough enough time with just normal cracked nipples :hugs:

it's not so much cracked nipples as an open wound! it was healing too and then i expressed and it opened again!!! i am torn between wanting to continue bf'ing for Harris' sake but at the same time I am becoming miserable! xx

Please can you add me - Katie Mai born 30.7.09, 7lb 9oz.

Katie is also sick quite a lot - sometimes dribbly sick, sometimes projectile. Gonna mention it to my m/w.

whitelilly - hmm...well the girls on the BFing board seem to say it should heal up quite soon so if you can get through this time it should be ok soon, but like you say you have to do whats best and thats a happy mum and baby not one or the other...

maybe you could give yourself a little goal, e.g. one or two more weeks and if things definately haven't improved enough then you could reassess?

yeah think that's what i will do- 2 more weeks and reassess. Have substituted his 10pm feed for formula tho to give my (.)(.)s a rest!!! xx

aw wl sorry ur having a hard time of it, but I think harris would rather a happy mummy with a bottle rather than a sad one that bf dont want to get ya self down but combine feeding could work say bf in moring when ya kinda refreshed and give the bottle 2 stuart at night.

me mum told me I should tr her with expressed milk from a bottle which i will do but i dont see the rush if u ask me I had a lay in till 10 this morning merv was just putting her on me boob and taking her off when she finished god i love the weekends.
everyone keeps telling me 2 give her water its doing my head in lol should i or shouldnt I?

We went to the in laws yesterday and took her round to see our auntie she was holding her and aaliyah started crying so as I took her for a cuddle the next min i no she farted and I felt this warm sensation on me leg she pooed all over me lol couldnt believe it it went on me aunties carpet as well soo embarrising she was ok tho :)

Ah, a breast vs bottle discussion. I've been thinking a lot about this.

I am bstfeeding.... but if I'm honest, I don't enjoy it as while it's not really painful anymore, it is still uncomfortable and it takes an hour every three hours, so I feel a bit trapped a home. Max often fights a bit too, legs and arms everywhere etc. I fed today in a baby shop feeding room, and he vomited all over the floor! Hong Kong is so not set up for breastfeeding as hardly anyone does it, so you really have to search for spots.

I feel I should continue because of all the reported benifits (e.g. better immunity, higher IQ etc.) but then I think about all the perfectly healthy bottle fed bubs.... and it would be so much easier.

Now I'm thinking about the possibility of combining the two, kinda having it both ways e.g. breastfeeding in the mornings and evenings and bottle in the day while out and middle of the night. Any opinions or info on this combo method? Advantages/disadvantages?

bye xx

i think its an option sarah i think ita down 2 wat u think is best for u both and bugger wat every one else thinks xx

Hi girls - well I want to say I combined breast ad bottle for a couplemof weeks as I wasnt producing enough and it orked fine - I also expressed extra during the day to try and get my milk supply up but unfortunately it didnt work and at 4 weeks I had totally dried up!! not that this is a problem as he has taken very well to formula and I was getting very frustrated by the whole thing!! was getting tired, grumpy and on the whole not very good but now I feel like a new woman!! In all fairness tho I think I did well managing for a month - I only managed 2 weeks with my first!!

Dont let it make you feel guilty girls if you cant manage it any longer, they have got the most important bit now - those first 2 weeks are the most crucial!!

Anyway - doing well, have had implant put in now so no more babies for me!! kinda sad really but need to be sensible!!

glad all is well with u gem all ok my end found out me hubby is a saint he is ace with aaliyah i get lay ins thought i was a thing of the past lol then we had one 2gether :)

Hey ladies and babies!!

Ah I am so happy when I log on here now ands know all our pregnancy related suffering has ended! I am so chuffed we all managed it ok in the end!!

I soooo wish we could meet up for a baby and biscuit meeting. Theres nothing lik that by where I live - and I'd love to meet your little bundles that we've talked about for so long! Give them big kisses from me :)

SO. All you good girls who bf'd. I didnt do it at all, and you have done so well to even manage a few weeks! WL and Sarah - if you do stop, dont feel bad at all! IO know breast is best, but I didnt feed William and he is a fine young man with no problems. PLease dont feel guilty and sad about it. As everyone said, its much nicer to have a happy mom and baby on a bottle than sad people bf'ing. I hope things get easier girls xx

Maybe - glad you had a good day. Yes, funny how things change after a baby. Sleep is more important than presents or going out!!

Im off to have a nice bath. Lilah is taking really well to the straight to sleep on her own after a feed aproach. I would recommend it to anyone who is not doing it now!!!!LOL..

TTFN everyone. xxxx

ps, front page is done! x

Maybe - you don't need to give her water. Your breast milk provides all the water she needs & in hot weather yr milk is more watery as they will be thirstier. God our bodies are good!!! (got this info twice from midwives & breast feeding experts)

Been out of the loop a while. Kid is 4 weeks old, BFing hurts still, and I feel lucky if I get a 4 hour stretch at night. He tends to be very gassy, too.

I'm feeling very depressed about my body. I want it back, everything back, to the way it was.

oh G ur baby is only 4 weeks old dont put 2 much pressure on ur self no its hard and trurst me I cried like a good un when i saw me hanging skin and me strech marks that could show ur the way 2 go home lol, but it will get better :)

thanks EB getting a little sick of people suggesting it as my midwife told me the same so glad u got the same info, re the sickyness asked on the BF part and alot said thier babies where sick if they had 2 much dairy and low and behold a few days on the trot i was ewatting dairy like water lol but i cut back on it and aaliyah has only been sick a few time :happydance:

Shelly- i tried that feeding then putting aaliyah in her cot and she fell asleep all by her self :happydance: she made a few wingey noises at first but she seems to go for longer when she goes alone rather than rocking her she slept 4 hours last night then was up every 2 after that soo proud. I know wat u mean bout meeting up as well shel everyone is so far away.. but i have family in brum so when i go see them i could nip in 2 see u few months from now but if u fancy gives a shout.

and eb and elly we are all in north west so it would be rude if we didnt meet for a hot choclate or something :)

the sick was projetile a few times and dribble sick after that in the same day projectile and same day she pooed all over me haha

hi natalie congrats on ur baby boy :)

hi girls! Harris si sleeping so thought I would pop on here and say hi!

Well, I have decided that I am going to switch to formula as my nipple just isn;t healing and I am miserable. Plus I can't get into any sort of routine with the on demand breast feeding... I have cried and felt incredibly guilty but am going to stop. Do you think it would be ok to just switch over completely or should I do it gradually for a week or so?

MB- I can't believe how good your hubby is! Mine went back to work today :(

Oh, meant to tell you, we sold our flat and we move into our new house in a few weeks! Remember I was panicking about having 2 mortgages to pay!? No need to worry!

Godiva- know how you feel about the body. I have this horrible mini baby bump still and it is covered in stretch marks... the rest of my body has gone back ton ormal though so I look completely out of proportion! Can't wait to be able to do some ab crunches. My bum is also a bit flabby now so I am going to have to start some sort of exercise regimen!

xx

oh yay wl congrats on selling ur flat especally in this climate must been gourgous
and hun glad ya swiching 2 formula no point in stressing ya self out not worth it at all and i bet harris thrives now ur gonna be feeling better in ur self.

Merv has been great im really lucky he has been looking after me as well cos im getting intence stomach pains after i brest feed if it gets worse I have to go doctors just worried that me section infection has not gone yet. he went back 2 work last week and kept all the nappy changes etc was up at half 4 doing her nappy and trying to get her settled i did offer but her was haing none of it. funny thing is she gets settled to oasis which is mervs fav band cos we always used 2 play it 2 her when I was pregnant :)

maybe - yeah as elliebank said...no water needed! :) apparently our bodies also adjust the temperature of the milk according to outside temp...mad!!!

godiva - as maybe said...i have a saggy belly and a road map of stretchmarks...it sucks but it will get better :hugs: i've started to either do pelvic floors or tightening stomach muscles while isabel feeds...don't remember to everytime but somethings better than nothing!!

i wish we all lived nearer :( i want a BnB coffee morning!!! :grr:

oh and maybe - isabel was puking LOADS yesterday...i think it was down to a fish dinner i had the previous day :dohh:

whitelilly - sounds like you're making right decision for you...don't let yourself feel bad - you've given him a good few weeks of breast milk to get him started and now you can give him a happy mummy on top :hugs:

i'm not sure but i think it could be an idea to do the switch gadually rather than straight off...maybe alternate so one feed formula, one feed breastmilk and then space out the breastmilk feeds...? if you PM arcanegirl i remember reading she made the switch so could advise you...

i know what you mean about zero routine...one day isabel is asleep late morning so i can get dressed and head out house say about 1pm...the next day she'll be awake and grizzling for constant food and means i'm late and stressed! i know they say timetables and plans go out the window with a baby but its even worse for BFing i think!!!

AND fantastic news about flat :happydance: what a relief for you :)

Hi Ladies,

Can't tell you how pleased I was to hear that so many of you are bottle feeding. It really is the guilt that is keeping me on breast. I'll probably persist for now, set myself a target of 6 weeks and then reevaluate then. I'm still keen to look into the brest/bottle combo. I just feel a bit miserable between the feeding and Max's unwillingness to sleep.

DH went back to work today as well. Have my Mum staying for a few weeks now, so that is helpful.

So, who can tell me their settling secrets? When Max gets sleepy after 'awake time' or a feed, we get him to his cot and then he either starts screaming or fusses for ages. It takes us from between 5 minutes to 3hrs to get him to sleep. Who swaddles? My Mum keeps rocking him to sleep but I can't help but feel this is creating bad habits.

A photographer friend of mine took some photos of Max. Here's the link if anyone has a free minute:

www.garthephotoarts.com

Entre site - then click on the PROOFING section then the password is sarah (Max is actually the baby on the homepage after you enter the site :) )

bye xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->