~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I told my students today (13 year olds). Their reactions were cute!

They were a combination of excited and also offended that I didn't tell them sooner. They wanted to know why, if I've known for 3 months, would I hold out on them. My explanation that most people usually wait until 12 weeks didn't soothe them too much, but it was sweet all the same.

All my male students want me to have a boy; the females want me to have a girl. One boy told me to eat lots of meat so I could make sure it was a boy (guess he heard the old wives take that craving protein=boy; sweets=girl...we haven't gotten to the biology unit yet so he doesn't know the sex was determined 3 months ago!)

One student said he was ready to be the baby's godfather. Another student said it all made sense now because she thought I had "bladder issues'" as she put it, since I kept stepping out to the bathroom during her class. And there were even a few students who were already pretty certain I was pregnant but didn't want to ask in case it would be rude. It was a fun day:)

Wiggley what a gorgeous scan pic! So exciting for you. Glad you got great news! I can hardly wait til our scan! I have to wait til after Christmas!
Myra that is classic from 13 year olds! How cool that you can share that with them and get all those lovely responses! So cute. It makes me miss teaching- just a little bit.

It is super hot here at the moment and it made sleeping difficult. I hope everyone has a good day and that their ms subsides soon. Mine comes and goes...some times I can be feeling icky then the next hour be fine.

DD keeps wanting to use the doppler. I keep telling her it isn't a toy. Kids!

So I'm fairly sure I heard baby's hb tonight! It was much faster than mine. I tried counting and I came up with 130-140. I thought a little slow but ok I guess for 12 weeks.

Myra, that is adorable! Kids say some of the cutest things :) I love how the boys want you to have a boy and the girls want you to have a girl :haha: So cute!

Donna, so glad you found the heartbeat! It must be very reassuring :)

Libbysmum, that is so funny that your daughter wants to use the doppler so much! Everything is a toy, right? ;)

Nikki, how horrible! I can't believe after everything they are still treating you so rudely. You should definitely complain. I hope you get your rainbow baby very soon, you will need to keep us updated on how everything goes!

As for me, I am ravenous today! My appetite hadn't changed too much over the week even though I wasn't throwing up but today it has really kicked back in! My husband still has work for a few more hours so I don't want to eat a full meal before he gets home and not be hungry at all. I have actually spent a majority of the day downstairs picking up instead of lying in bed, I'm not super energetic but I have been feeling better each day!

As for me, I am ravenous today! My appetite hadn't changed too much over the week even though I wasn't throwing up but today it has really kicked back in! My husband still has work for a few more hours so I don't want to eat a full meal before he gets home and not be hungry at all. I have actually spent a majority of the day downstairs picking up instead of lying in bed, I'm not super energetic but I have been feeling better each day!

I've felt the same today- so HUNGRY- felt like I was eating all day. I realized at lunch that today is the first day in long time that I wasn't exhausted and wishing to be back in bed! I hope that's a sign of good things to come with more and more energy on the way! Also, in the 10 hours I was at work, I had to pee 10 times-- it was getting ridiculous!:wacko:

I've felt the same today- so HUNGRY- felt like I was eating all day. I realized at lunch that today is the first day in long time that I wasn't exhausted and wishing to be back in bed! I hope that's a sign of good things to come with more and more energy on the way! Also, in the 10 hours I was at work, I had to pee 10 times-- it was getting ridiculous!:wacko:

Here too - it's terrible, but even just after I finish eating, I start thinking about what to eat next! My mind is constantly wandering to food. When it's not, I'm usually zonked out or begging for sleep. I'm always tired, I take a few naps a day now! I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the holidays, it'll be quite a bit of running around and most likely no time for a single nap!

I replenished my crystallized ginger stock. Bought saltines finally. And a box of clementines since dh said they didn't have any when he went yesterday. So I took a photo of where they were.... right next to the GIANT sign that says clementines! LOL

MS is still with me. And I feel pretty tired. All I want for Christmas is an appetite. I bought popcicles tonight too. Actually I went with the intention of clemmies, crackers and gift cards...walked out without the gift cards! Woops.

Had some cramping but I can trace it to food and GI pain so I'm not worrying. I have the scan Wednesday which will hopefully set my fears aside so I can start feeling more positive.

Myra, oh my goodness me too on the peeing! Geez, my husband makes fun of me so much for it :haha: I don't know what I'll do when we drive out to see family for Christmas, 6-7 hours of driving will be interesting with me needing to stop every half hour or so!

SugarBeth, yep, I'm wondering about the holidays too! I think I'll be so excited to see family that I will be OK but we'll see! My mom is trying to plan a lot of stuff for us to do and I'm just wanting to lie around and relax/talk with everyone lol.

Is it normal that I'm not really peeing all the time? I get up some nights but during the day its no more than before. I can see I'm not dehydrated...pee colour and all. But should this be something to worry over? Also I'm barely getting a bulge in my pelvic area. I know I've said this before just not sure if in this thread. I'm not thin but my weight is in my hips bum and thighs mostly so I thought I might show more. I'm 5'8 so maybe I will just take longer?

Is it normal that I'm not really peeing all the time? I get up some nights but during the day its no more than before. I can see I'm not dehydrated...pee colour and all. But should this be something to worry over? Also I'm barely getting a bulge in my pelvic area. I know I've said this before just not sure if in this thread. I'm not thin but my weight is in my hips bum and thighs mostly so I thought I might show more. I'm 5'8 so maybe I will just take longer?

I would think that as long as you're not dehydrated it should be fine. But it's always worth a mention to your doctor if it worries you :)

I think you will just show later being on the taller side.
I'm nauseas all day everyday but no puking. So hard to make it through work sometimes.

Cute how your students responded!! I remember my favorite high school teacher announcing she was pregnant. She was laughing because she hid it for 6 months!!

Showing is normal. I'm 5'7 and last time I didn't show until I was about 25 weeks. I was just flat stomached until I suddenly popped. Don't seem to be as lucky this time though, last time I had ab muscles - this time they just gave up! :haha:

I also didn't pee any more often last time. This time, holy cow I pee every five minutes. But last time there was no difference. Even at 9 months pregnant, I never got up at night to pee. Wasn't dehydrated, just wasn't the way that pregnancy went.

Thanks ladies. I know I'm worrying needlessly. I can't help it seems to be my nature. My mom said she didn't show with me until 6 or 7 months but she's short... 5'1 and I'm not built like her. And I was her 3rd kid. I can ask my aunt at Christmas dinner next week. I'm built more like her so maybe she can shed some light. That is...if we tell her.

And my favourite bits were the kid who said they were ready to be the god father....the bladder issues comment and the ones who thought so but didn't want to be rude!!!

Tsyhan- I barely showed with my first until about 5 months then one day it just looked huge...I am not really showing much right now- just look a bit fat rather than pregnant. I remember at work the PE teacher was talking to me about if I was going to work Full time and me thinking "what the heck? Can't you see my giant pregnant belly?" I obviously didn't look as huge to him as I did to me. LOL.
And as for Pee...I get up maybe once in the night to pee...that is all. I think I have pretty tight ab muscles from dancing and stuff before I had my DD. I think maybe that is why I don't need to pee that much at night. During the day though especially if I been driving the car I seem to need to go as soon as I stand up. Thinking the breaking and stuff puts pressure on my bladder.

I'm 5'6" and I didn't start showing with DS for quite some time. I can't really remember when it was but it was in my 4th or 5th month. This time I'm still not showing but I do see where my tummy is starting to change just a small bit.

Today I've been cramping off and on. I really am hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat tomorrow if we don't get another scan. We went swimming yesterday and hoping that I just overworked some muscles. I didn't necessarily swim so much but we did play monkey in the middle and stuff in the pool. Just had fun.

Talking of peeing, I have to get up ruffle every 2 hours in the night to pee!! Dreading my 20 hours coach trip to France, told hubby we better be sat near the loo as that will he where I spend most of my time!! Lol
Again thought my ms had started to clear up, was just feeling grotty the last few days, then home late last night from visiting friends and only just made the 🚽in time! Think I can cope if I'm only sick every few days.
Can't believe how close I am to 12 weeks!!!

I have a ridiculously large bump and i'm 5'0"!! Think it def shows earlier in short people!

But i def wouldn't worry, everyone looks different at different stages.

I'm showing already but this is baby 3 and I definitely think it shows earlier in subsequent pregnancies. Everyone's body is different it doesn't matter where you carry your weight or your height pregnancy is just different for everyone. Also remember the uterus doesn't even start to come above the pelvic bone until 10-12 weeks, so anything before then is just fat intestines lolol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->