~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Thank you so much for your wishes and prayers!!!! I think they really helped.

That was a long and scary few hours- esp when he doc told me she was concerned to see so much blood. But the most wonderful news is that baby is ok- perfect heart rate, size and baby was moving all around for us to see. The lab tech (everyone at the hospital in fact) was so wonderful. I'd been crying before going down to radiology for the scan- and he knew how anxious and nervous my OH and I were- so after lots of checking and scanning (felt like forever but was prob 10-15 min) he said that he's not the doc so he's not supposed to tell us anything but that the bleeding was from a sub chorionic hematoma so everything is ok. Then he did some more scans of the baby so i could see and even took some 3D scans of the baby and gave them to us. Doc said that they will just need to monitor to keep an eye on things but that right now this is all ok.

Exhausted and utterly grateful, relieved and happy.

Thank GOD...I was so nervous and upset there along with you! How happy I am to read this...so relieved for you guys.

Hi ladies,

I have been going through this discussion thread and I would love to join if its not too late! I am due on July 12th with our first. That makes us 11+1 weeks.

Glad to hear that everything is ok with you, Myra. *hugs*

Myra that is excellent news! So very glad things are alright. Good thing its the holiday break so you can rest.

JJ that journal sounds lovely. What a sweet idea. I'm sure he will cherish it. Maybe the baby will give him the incentive he needs to get his health in order. My Dr said some men take health more seriously when they become fathers. As I was commenting that DH doesn't take his health as seriously as I'd like.

HUGS ladies.

AFM my fever seems to finally have gone. And now my flu is clearing up my MS came back with a vengeance today.... it was kind enough to stay away while I had the fever. But at least I want food....even if it doesn't want me LOL

That's great myra! Are they going to rescan in a week or so to check on the sch?

my abdomen is really sore tonight. Hope it's just growth. :/ couldn't find hb on doppler but I heard lots of weird noises. Not sure if that's baby moving?

Myra, so so SO happy to hear you and baby are well! And very glad the staff was so nice to you :) I can imagine that was a scary experience and having friendly staff must have made it much easier.

JJsmom, sorry about your OH! I agree that you should talk to him about it. That is so amazing that you are writing him letters during your engagement! What a sweet and thoughtful gift!

How do you explain the chaos of a hormonal meltdown to a man? He seems to think I would still possess presence of mind enough to tell him what he should do to help me.

I don't even know what would help me.

He then launched into a 10 min condescending lecture that if I'm aware that it's night or that I prefer to be sitting vs standing then I must be aware enough to know what I want because I made choices to sit or stand in a certain place. (Actual conversation).

Prior to this wisdom.... he was upset that I was crying and couldn't tell him what I needed or wanted which made me worse because I felt like a failure for not knowing the answer to simple questions. He got more upset and started to cry himself, dropped to his knees and begged me to tell him what to do.... so that set me off more. Now not only do I have to calm myself down but him as well?!?! Good grief. He eventually told me he doesn't want us to scream and yell all the time (which we don't...first melt down in a few days actually.... there was no yelling after my chat with him about the drinking) so he wants peace and quiet was the moral of his story..... he gets silent treatment instead.
Mature I know. But I'll lose it if I try and talk to him right now.

Yeah. Men suck.

He's 7 years older than me and I'm 30. I feel like he's 15 some days.

JJ I don't think they ever grow up.

PS sorry for the Debbie Downer me lately. I'm hungry but no appetite to eat. I have cravings for impossible things at impossible times. When I finally did eat today I lost it soon afterwards. I hope that isn't something that keeps up. My blood sugar would be so low if it weren't for the popsicles that stay down. I just want to eat normally again. I hope that happens soon. What worked yesterday won't work today... what I could tolerate stops being tolerable. I'm to the point where I eat according to what won't be so bad to be sick with. I don't throw it all up so I'm grateful for that but I know I'm not eating enough out of fear of losing it. Which is almost as bad. *sigh*

Tshyanochka, This is my 3rd pregnancy and believe me the hormonal melt downs don't get any easier. My dh called me inconsiderate the other day because I was crying because I didn't want to lift my heavy 17month old up on the change table to change her nappy...she is over 14kg so not a petite flower by any standard. He said didn't I know he had been working all day and was tired and his feet ached...I said yes I did but didn't he know I am pregnant? I don't ask for help much but at that point I thought he could have been a little more supportive. Today my nipples have been a bit tender and I been feeling a bit sick in the tummy...We just get home from the mayhem of shopping and I go give DD a bath and come back to lounge room sit down and he asks me what's for dinner...ummm I just sat down. I say How about a tuna bake? He says, how about Lasagna. I said I had no meat defrosted so it would be a meat pie with tomato sauce or tuna...he chose tuna.

That was a long and scary few hours- esp when he doc told me she was concerned to see so much blood. But the most wonderful news is that baby is ok- perfect heart rate, size and baby was moving all around for us to see. The lab tech (everyone at the hospital in fact) was so wonderful. I'd been crying before going down to radiology for the scan- and he knew how anxious and nervous my OH and I were- so after lots of checking and scanning (felt like forever but was prob 10-15 min) he said that he's not the doc so he's not supposed to tell us anything but that the bleeding was from a sub chorionic hematoma so everything is ok. Then he did some more scans of the baby so i could see and even took some 3D scans of the baby and gave them to us. Doc said that they will just need to monitor to keep an eye on things but that right now this is all ok.

Myra, SO happy and relieved for you. It really makes a huge difference when the hospital staff are great too, doesn't it? :)

So relieved for you! What a rollercoaster this is?! I have 12 week scan tomorrow and am soooooo nervous. I just pray that everything is okay and I can finally believe that I'm actually pregnant! I thought I was showing loads last week but now the bloat has gone a bit and I don't think there's a bump there :o( hurry up bump x

Aaisrie, not to be a pain, but I think our bump count is off??? I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sorry.

Myra, so glad to hear that baby is okay!!!

I agree men SUCK lately, my OH has been complaining he's been working 12 hour shifts on 5 hours of sleep a night, which isn't fun I'll agree. BUT I've had 6 hours of sleep in the past 5 days, and I've been caring for DD, working, housecleaning, wrapping presents, shopping, grooming, and functioning in general, if a bit crabby while doing it, well what does he expect. We have more presents to get wrapped, and he informed me he's sleeping in tomorrow and I could do it myself, and then get up Tuesday morning to start the turkey, as he's sleeping in then to and might wake up late for opening presents, is it bad that I just wanted to PUNCH him??? I still kinda do, he's lucky he's at work!

so glad everything is ok myra! what a scary time :hugs: xx

SO glad everything is ok Myra.....sorry you went through that but how nice to be treated so well. Naughty baby frightening Mummy & Daddy!! Rest up & take it easy xx

Thank you all! Your support means so much!!! :hugs:

I'm continuing to count my blessings. Bleeding is lessening, so that's moving in the right direction. Doc said that it could come and go but if it gets heavy again, I'm to go immediately back to the hospital.

I feel so lucky to have my OH. He was so wonderful yesterday~ I know he was just as freaked out as I was but he stayed calm and strong for me, held my hand when they were examining me, said all the right things to remind me to focus on the positives, did his best to distract me and asked the doc all the questions I couldn't even begin to think of. It wasn't til after we left that he told me how scared he had been. Based on what the doctor initially told us after my exam, neither of us through the day was going to have a good outcome. He's put me on a couple days bed rest & is bringing me my meals here, moved the TV in the bedroom so I can watch, is now off doing grocery shopping & finishing up the Christmas shopping for our nephews. We're both off work until January 3rd, so that should make it easier to just take it easy.

My doctor's office is closed til Wednesday but I'm to call that morning and find out when they want to see me and when they'll schedule another scan. I think it's all going to be ok. I'll keep focusing on that.

When he gets back, I'll ask him to bring me the 3D scan so I can take a pic and show you our latest image of baby!! (I've promised not to get out of bed except for the bathroom so I can't go get it now or he will be quite unhappy with me)

So glad everything is okay myra!! *hugs* that was a frightening story to follow there for a minute. stay rested!!

as for the husbands, especially the first time dads it IS very difficult for them to understand all the issues that come along with pregnancy, my best advice, crack open a pregnancy book (what to expect, my pregnancy week by week etc.) and ask that he listen while you read it TO him. it took my husband til baby #3 to really grasp all the garbage that comes along with pregnancy. he is way more tolerant this time, doesn't question me when i ask him to carry laundry up/down stairs, or when i need a bath/food/drink/ a good cry. he usually laughs ay me now when i start crying because im not an overly emotional person so its weird for the both of us when it happens (last time i started crying, it was to the Katy Perry song "teenage dream" LOL). anyway it is hard but we can't expect them.to know what is wrong or what we want or need unless you tell them if you don't know, tell them! "i don't know, its these pregnancy hormones i have nothing to be upset about" etc. pregnancy is hard and even harder when the husband is more confused then the wife. that's my advice for the year *giggle* hope it helps someone!! oh yea, and men NEVER grow up, blame it on their mothers lol im determined to have my sons be far more.mature when my husband and his brothers are(nt) ;)

afm- I've got the wildest illness going on, was fine then started coughing violently and then started getting this awful migraine, i couldn't even.move! and now, day three i am mildly congested but coughing up *tmi* buckets of phlegm i was freezing cold for two days but had no fever. just odd, seems like its getting better though, hopefully!

i wish my ms would go away completely i haven't thrown up in some time but the nausea is not wanting to ease up its still all day long! this stuff is far worse then my boys pregnancies were! second tri is tomorrow, so exciting!! oh and I've gained nearly 8 lbs woohoo!! its hilarious cause i put my weight into my pregnancy app and it says i have *excessive* weight gain, which makes me laugh you'd think it'd be able to account for the fact my total weight is only 102! i usually gain at least a lbs a week through the entire second and third trimester so im hoping it picks up. i gained 40lbs last pregnancy and am hoping to gain at least that, wouldst mind 45ish

Oneandtwo I wish you were around for my first. My husband has been amazing this time around. At first not so much but now that there is evidence of this Ms nausea he has just been amazing. He jokes though if anyone mentions a third baby. Like YOU THINK I WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN???

Went to the ER last night for DD. Dh and my mom were pushing it. I kept saying it was viral and they wouldn't do anything and I was right. Very frustrating. Turns out she has either hand foot and mouth or herpasomething lol. They said hf&m lasts a much shorter time so hope it's that.
Going to finish up Christmas shopping today. Just have 3-4 things to grab.

MissFox oh no! I hope its the HF&m cause I think I know the other one my boss' kid had it and its not fun. Not that HF&m is easy.

Myra I'm glad your feeling better and can rest.

My husband really came along alot in the last couple weeks. I think seeing me really sick made it more real. I know my dd is not on the front page but I can't face it yet yanno? Like if I say it then that would be a bad thing in case something happens. Also why I'm not telling anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->