~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I've only felt a few random movement here and there. Nothing very regular and I have to be really focusing on it. I was the same as you though didnt feel much from my first till 20+

Breadsticks- I was hoping the packers would make it to the superbowl again but that game just wasn't very pretty!!

oneand two-I can't believe your family responded that way! This pregnancy for us was unplanned but everyone was really excited. Even my sister who i was worried about. My sister is 3 years older than me and with a guy that doesn't know if he ever wants to get married or have kids and keeps toying with her mind. It's hard for her to see her younger sister married with a baby and another on the way, but she seemed genuinely excited for us!

tsyhanochaka- ive been craving girl scout cookies really bad. i've been dreaming about them nonstop and today a coworker brought in her granddaughter's order form for girl scout cookies and i think i ordered like 10 boxes!

Libbysmum- aren't LO's great. My daughter rarely throws temper tantrums so when she does she makes them count!

SweetienFL- congrats and welcome!!

donna noble- i think its a lot easier to deal with the wait this time since i have a 14 month old. She keeps me very busy when I am home! Last time around i spent a lot of time browsing at baby stuff online and trying to imagine what my daughter would be like. this time around im just trying to make it through the day

I didn't have time to get on this weekend so i tried to catch up best i could!
afm nothing really going on here i am officially 2nd trimester (according to U.S. trimesters) which is exciting. My in laws are coming to stay with us for the weekend. this will be the first time weve seen them since finding out im pregnant. My mother in law makes the world's best lasagna so i cannot wait for them to get here!!!

my doctors appointment is still 2 weeks away and im getting rather impatient! it's going to be worse waiting for the appointment after this one which we'll find out gender. I'm still debating on doing a gender reveal party or not. i think it'd be fun to do but i don't know if i want to wait to find out with everyone else! what are you guys doing?

what makes girl scout cookies better than any other type of cookies?

We don't get kids selling cookies at random here in the UK. If you want cookies, you go to a supermarket and buy some lol.

Also, are cookies the same as what we'd call cookies, or are you just generally referring to any type of biscuits?

Here, cookies are either of the "chocolate chip cookies" variety, which you buy in packets like biscuit packets, which are like this :

https://www.atb-bargains.co.uk/ekmps/shops/atbbargains/images/mcvitie-s-cookies-choc-chip-150g-x-12-packs-1029-p.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hR7F-MqvRzI/TMLP90_AONI/AAAAAAAAKpg/DQFv1sNftuw/s1600/mary1.bmp

pretty much like biscuits but with chocolate chips. Kinda crunchy and small.

And then there's the Millie's cookies type of cookies, which are large and thinner and have more of a chewy texture, and tend to come in a paper bag

https://www.parispelemele.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Millies-cookies.jpg

But if it's not either of those types of things, then you're just talking about a biscuit.

Yea I like chewy cookies. Now I need lasagna! NEEEEEEED IT!!!
oh and I took my 12week bump pic. I will uploadv later

Hmm who knew that the word "biscuit" could mean such different things in different countries?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscuit

haha i don't know what makes them different just the different flavor options they have i suppose. most of the types they sell you can't buy at a supermarket unfortunately.

Im counting down the days until this lasagna! I told my hubby that needs to buy everything she needs for it today so nothing stands in the way of me getting it. When i was pregnant with my daughter we lived much closer to them so she made me lasagna at least every other week. which is probably why i gained almost 80 lbs last time :haha:

This is my 12 week bump shot. WOO! 12 weeks. Seems like it took forever to get here but the last 3 weeks have flown!

Attachments

• 705074_561554363871980_231842453_o.jpg
    705074_561554363871980_231842453_o.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 8
You know, Alice, I'm not really sure what we'll do next Saturday! The only thing I am positive on is sleeping in lol. We need to take advantage of that while we can :haha: I have been dying to go to the zoo but that won't happen with it being winter and all.

Becca, I was so excited about the Ninja, my husband went and got stuff to make smoothies and when we opened up the box he noticed one of the pitchers had a big chip in it. :( It's not a huge deal exchanging it, I just really wanted a smoothie last night (which is when we noticed it, we didn't really open it up Saturday because we needed to rearrange the kitchen a little first). Have you used it to mix cookie dough? I think that is so cool but I am a little nervous, we are notorious for burning out motors when we make cookies from scratch.

Alice, speaking of cookies, Girl Scout cookies are amazing! I mean we can get good cookies elsewhere but I think a lot of people like that it is supporting the local Girl Scout troops. I do love their cookies though, thin mints and thanks-a-lots are my favorite! We usually get a couple boxes each year from nieces/cousins/friend's kids.

Last night my husband finally made me some pancakes! :happydance: They were chocolate chip and super delicious.

tlh, no it sure wasn't! I did a lot of yelling at the TV lol. I am grateful that I still have my Hoosiers to watch :) And now hockey season will actually start! But my Packers, I'm just so sad after that game :p Lasagna sounds so good!! My aunt (step-father's SIL) is Italian and she makes the most amazing lasagna ever. She also makes really good cookies...geez, I just need to go eat something lol.

I weighed myself yesterday, I'm still about 3 lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy. It seems like it is taking so long for me to put the weight back on. I've been eating like crazy lately, so I'm surprised. I'm sure it will all just pile on soon :haha: I really need to start eating healthier. I did at first, then I could barely eat anything so just ate what I could, and now I'm craving things that aren't so good for me.

Do any of you know of any good, healthy (and easy, I'm not a good cook at all :haha: ) recipes you'd want to share? I need to start preparing meals more, or at least have my husband do it lol, so I'm not constantly eating fast food.

wow thats a nice bump! so i still haven't told my family. i think my neice will have a bday party in a couple weeks. I'm thinking people will notice by then, or maybe just think in fat i dunno.

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today.

Glad Monday is out of the way, the week always seems to go faster once its done.

junemomma09 - That sounds awful, what a horrible place to work for. Hope you were able to get some help & didn't try to lift a heavy patient by yourself.

alicecooper - I did eventually get the shopping done. I still haven't felt any movement yet, but apparently as its my first, its likely to be a while yet.

Girl scout cookies makes me think of the Adams Family film the bit where Wednesday asks if they are made with real girl scouts:haha:

Sw33tp3a - cute bump pic x x

tsyhanochka - Hope you are feeling well enough for your staff lunch on Wednesday, it sounds great!

Libbysmum - Pancakes for breakfast sound yummy! Much more exciting than a bowl of cereal. Hope the weather stays good for your BBQ tomorrow.

Lauki - Playing in the snow sounds great :) I don't know much about 2nd pregnancies, but it could be possibly your placenta is preventing you from feeling movement? Hope all is OK x

tlh97990 - I'm in the same boat, 2nd trimester now, but nothing really to report. I cant wait for the 20 week scan to see the baby again and find out the gender. I think I have to wait till February though! Gender reveal parties dont really seem to happen in the UK, so I will probably just tell people the gender.

MissFox - Cute bump pic x

Breadsticks - I tend to go to a UK website called moneysavingexpert.com. They have an old style money saving board, and they have loads of fairly simple recipes, lots of which are pretty healthy. It has the added bonus of lots of ways to meal plan and things to help save cash.

Wow miss fox that's a lovely bump! Makes my bump feel insignificant :haha: I love how round your tummy looks :)

Well here's my almost 16 week bump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 4
cute bumps ladies! i deffo look no where near as pregnant yet!! just a little lump of fat pushed out, but where the baby actually lays is still pretty flat :dohh:.

Here's my 15 week bump...still not much and just looks like me getting chubby :haha:

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/mandyrene21/IMG_20130114_140827.jpg

Alice, my announcement went down well. Everyone has been pleased. Well my OHs grandparents were funny. They have jack 1 day a week while I work and their reaction was "well we can't bloody look after 2 we'll tell you that now" :haha:

The NT is nuchal translucency, it's the test for Down's syndrome / Edwards syndrome etc. they say 1:150 or lower is classed as high risk and then there is the opportunity to have further tests.

I hope everyone is well, there are some really impressive bumps here! :thumbup:
I had a Pizza Hut buffet for lunch today, it was sooo nice and jack was really well behaved. It was lovely. I've had pains tonight thou. I think I just ate too much! :blush:

ah I'm loooving all the bump pics ladies!

kaths - aye I knew it was for downs but I didn't know what the numbers meant you see. I've always declined the test so I didn't know what the numbers for a high risk or low risk were.

Woohoo! Hit the 4 month mark yesterday- here is my 16 weeks bump :) Boobs are getting big too, at least for me since I've always been around a B cup. I'm already at a D cup and pretty full up there as well. :winkwink:

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm pretty heavy and usually have a belly already but already have rounded out. I also showed very early with DD

Well I'm a D cup usually .. But OH said in Pizza Hut today that my boobs looked massive. I do look abit like Pamela Anderson especially when breast feeding!
P.s I don't look like Pamela Anderson just my boobies :holly:

My boobs havent changed much yet - but I am thinking when they are ready for feeding they'll be mahoosive. But I am already a DD cup so those changes I would be grateful if they weren't just yet! Ha :)

ok so since I'm on my computer I found the pictures that were taken right before DD was born (the date on them says the 5/6th of april... so 5 days before)
It kinda panics me to see this.

Attachments

• 215085_214311281918961_6022898_n.jpg
    215085_214311281918961_6022898_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 208162_214311301918959_1937588_n.jpg
    208162_214311301918959_1937588_n.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics