~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

DH is from the USA so he calls biscuits "cookies" and what he calls biscuits is more like a scone here in Australia. And they are usually not sweet but savory... What the Americans call "scones" are more like what we here in Australia call "rock cakes" from personal experience. Another foreign idea to him is when I call dinner "tea" as he is only familiar with it being a drink. It really confused him when he first arrived that we had "morning tea" and "afternoon tea" where we usually ate a snack and didn't always drink "tea" at the same time LOL.
As for the upstairs...I was a 12 C and now I guess I am at least a 14 DD.

i am also scared i dont have any pics of my last pregnancy but all i remember is just being hugggg. i told my hubby he hasnt seen anything yet.

Good News! The hospital finally contacted me! I have my first appointment this Monday morning! They had it for this Friday but DH wants to come and he has Monday off so I changed it. So I guess I won't be having this baby on a street corner after all!
So excited! They asked me to bring any blood test results and previous scans etc in with me and some form of ID and my medicare card. They are sending me a letter with some forms to fill out I should get the letter by the end of the week. They said if by chance it doesn't come to go in 15mins early and they will re-issue them.

Hiya ladies! I've been reading, but obviously not posting. It's going to be a rough week on my sleep, I'm training for morning shift at work, but still working my night shift. UGH!

On the bright side, 16 week appt this Friday, my DD is going with us, so she can hear her baby brother or sister's HB! She's over the moon excited!

DH is from the USA so he calls biscuits "cookies" and what he calls biscuits is more like a scone here in Australia. And they are usually not sweet but savory... What the Americans call "scones" are more like what we here in Australia call "rock cakes" from personal experience. Another foreign idea to him is when I call dinner "tea" as he is only familiar with it being a drink. It really confused him when he first arrived that we had "morning tea" and "afternoon tea" where we usually ate a snack and didn't always drink "tea" at the same time LOL.
As for the upstairs...I was a 12 C and now I guess I am at least a 14 DD.

that is funny how things have different names in different parts of the world. it is rather confusing sometimes!!

afm i have had a really bad headache since yesterday morning and woke up this morning to my entire face hurting due to sinus pressure :nope: i'm thinking i'm going to have to call my doctor today because im struggling with work right now!

I hate when doctors offices are so inconvenient!! I scheduled my anatomy scan, I have to have.it at a hospital an hour away since there is not a perinatologist at my hospital. Well they wouldnt allow me to come before or after my husband left. And gave me 4 dates.to choose from. Which SUCKs! I have.this huge issue with traveling so far from my kids and now I'll have to leave.all of them for a minimum of 3 hrs. That is SO much stress for me. Why do they have to be such turds?!

That sucks..sorry to hear that..i work in a doctors office and i feel like only half the office staff tries to do things convenient for the patient and everyone else only cares about themselves. which isnt right!

has your OH already left? how long will he be gone for?

OMG I FINALLY just heard baby's heartbeat with my doppler!!! :happydance: My uterus finally came out from behind my pubic bone. I recorded it on my phone to send to OH, and I'm sure I'll replay it a million times, lol

Hello Ladies.

Has anyone bought anything for baby? I didn't buy anything till I was over 30 weeks with DS I don't want to again... this is a problem :haha:

I've bought :

1 second hand travel system
1 second hand moses basket
1 second hand rocker
1 pack of size 2 nappies
1 box of breast pads
2 packs of maternity pads

and my mam has given me :

2 or 3 second hand vests
2 or 3 second hand sleepsuits
a second hand sleeping bag / blanket thinggy
a couple of packs of breast pads
a couple of packs of maternity towels

and she tells me she's bought us a second hand bouncer chair as well but I haven't seen it yet

I don't think we are going to get a moses basket this time, OH doesn't even want me to buy a new mattress for the cot bed :haha:

we've bought a crib, and some vests, that's it! but we're mostly reusing stuff from DS too. Only thing we'll need differently is a sling and i want a swing this time! Hoping by buying a crib the baby will be in that long enough for Alex to be ready for a bed by the time the baby needs a cot :).

oh and libbysmum yay for finally hearing from the hospital!!

i'm waiting to buy things specifically for the baby until i find out the gender. i bought my DD a new bed since the baby will be using her crib. So far I have sorted out some gender neutral clothes my daughter has outgrown and put them in the baby's room but i don't think we'll need much of anything if we have another girl. If its a boy we'll pretty much just need clothes.

However i do want to buy a new swing though. the one my daughter used (which she lived in) is battery operated so we spent a lot of money on batteries for it. i want to get one this time that has the ac adapter so it can just be plugged into the wall

we have the crib
I bought the baby a gender neutral cuddle blanket/stuffed animal (it's a monkey that rattles and the blanket says bananas over mommy)
and a gender neutral winter sleep sack with monkeys on it...because it was on clearance for $1.87 after Christmas :)

Ultrasound on the 9th of February, and hoping we find out, as with my DD I was forced by my ex to do gender neutral because he was praying that the ultrasound was wrong and our DD was magically going to grow boy parts.
I have a very strong desire to do the whole pink or blue thing (although not strictly)
I've been eyeballing an outfit that is more boy but I will be getting it either way, as it's to cute and OH will LOVE it. It's black and has guitars over it, and it says "Daddy's Little Rockstar" and my OH is a hard rock fanatic, and plays the guitar.
Sometimes I wonder how a country/Christian girl and my long haired, rockstar, concert going OH make things work....we are COMPLETE OPPISITES!!

we have the crib
I bought the baby a gender neutral cuddle blanket/stuffed animal (it's a monkey that rattles and the blanket says bananas over mommy)
and a gender neutral winter sleep sack with monkeys on it...because it was on clearance for $1.87 after Christmas :)

Ultrasound on the 9th of February, and hoping we find out, as with my DD I was forced by my ex to do gender neutral because he was praying that the ultrasound was wrong and our DD was magically going to grow boy parts.
I have a very strong desire to do the whole pink or blue thing (although not strictly)
I've been eyeballing an outfit that is more boy but I will be getting it either way, as it's to cute and OH will LOVE it. It's black and has guitars over it, and it says "Daddy's Little Rockstar" and my OH is a hard rock fanatic, and plays the guitar.
Sometimes I wonder how a country/Christian girl and my long haired, rockstar, concert going OH make things work....we are COMPLETE OPPISITES!!

i got a onesie like that for my daughter it looked like it was for a boy because it was red with guitars on it but my OH is the same way as yours so i bought it for her and said oh well or put her in a black tutu that matched :haha:

we have the crib

i got a onesie like that for my daughter it looked like it was for a boy because it was red with guitars on it but my OH is the same way as yours so i bought it for her and said oh well or put her in a black tutu that matched :haha:

Tutu...GOOD idea, if this monkey is a girl!!!

Had a great family day yesterday...DH is back at work today but only for 4 days that I know of. DD has been having a good morning with playdoh and colouring books. Right now is watching sesame street. Later we may go out to the store.
16 weeks today and feeling frumpy. Finding it hard to decide what to wear each day cause nothing appeals. May have to go buy something new just so I feel like I am not wearing the same thing over and over. DH came to the library yesterday with me and insisted he wanted to go to the games shop to look for another ps3 game. He couldn't find the one he wanted so thank GOD we came home without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->