~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I'm not sure when I have to do the glucose tolerance test, but I'm sure they'll have me do it at my next appt after my anatomy scan. I think they said they do it around 22 weeks and I have my anatomy scan at 19 weeks. I can't believe how many of us have the scan on the same day of Feb 6th!!!

I haven't bought anything for baby as I want to wait until we find out gender. Also want my mom to know as I'm sure she's going to buy us something gender specific as well once we tell her. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tell her! I thought about ordering her a cake with the color inside and have her pick it up on her way home from work. Also thought about taking a picture of either a pink outfit or a blue outfit to let her know. Anyone have good ideas of how to tell parents that live away from you what the gender is in a fun way?

AHHH!!! I just noticed baby is now the size of an avocado!!! So amazing!!!!

pandaspot - cute scan. I must admit I know absolutely nothing about the nub theory. I haven't even bothered to read up about it, so I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to look for lol.

What are we all up to today ladies?

I'm playing swapsies with rooms today. We've finally decided to put DD in the little room on her own, and put the two boys in the bunk together in the bigger room. We tried it out last night, and apart from a little bit of a protest from DS2 (because he wanted to stay in his own little room) it went relatively well.

So today I've got to :

-switch the curtains around (just done)
-move Lydia's pink drawers into the little room
-move Jason's blue drawers into the big room
-move all Lydia's toys, toy box, and books into the little room
-move all Jason's toys, toy box, and books into the big room
-try and get the Dora the Explorer stickers off the wardrobe in the big room
-swap Lydia and Jason's clothes in their wardrobes.

Poor Alex's clothes are only in in-wardrobe-drawers in the little room. There's nowhere else for them to go, so I can't do anything about that. They were in with Jason and now they're gonna be in with Lydia.

I really need to buy another wardrobe and another set of drawers, especially with the baby coming.

I've currently got 2 hanging wardrobes, 1 large set of pink drawers (4), 1 tiny set of blue drawers (3), and 1 large in-wardrobe set of drawers (3) (in the little room) between the three kids.

So at the moment :

Lydia's clothes go in the wardrobe in the big room
The large pink drawers hold :
top drawer : Lydia's knickers and vests
second drawer : Lydia's socks and tights
third drawer : Lydia's pyjamas
bottom drawer : Lydia's hats, scarves and gloves

then in the little room :

wardrobe hanging rail = Jason's clothes and pyjamas
in-wardrobe drawers =
-top drawer : Alex's tops (t-shirts, shirts, jumpers)
-middle drawer : Alex's pyjamas
bottom drawer : Alex's trousers

And then the tiny set of blue drawers holds :

top drawer : both Alex's and Jason's socks
middle drawer : both Alex's and Jason's winter hats, scarves, and gloves
bottom drawer : both Alex's and Jason's underpants

It seems unfair that Lydia has a lot more space to put her clothes I know, but she just seems to HAVE so much more for some strange reason. Not that the boys don't have enough, they do, but... Lydi just has more *shrugs* maybe it's a girl thing.

But yeah I definitely need to buy another wardrobe and set of drawers! It would be nice if Alex could have his clothes in his own room! That would then free up the drawers in the little room for putting baby clothes in.

Just realised that was very long-winded lol. Sorry!

You're one busy woman!

We only have a two bedroom house, so things are pretty easy here ;). Sophie has a big wardrobe in her room with shelves and a side with hanger space and some more shelves. So they will share the wardrobe! Just need to figure out why Sophie has so many things ;). I keep getting things for free and she now has something like 20+ pairs of tights. I have no idea what to do with them ;)!

I'm jealous of you with your scans on the 6th. Mines not until the 19th.

I only need to buy a swing, I still have everything from jack, unless its a girl! I had to throw jacks swing away as it got so overused it finally conked out :haha:

How many of us are staying team yellow then. I'm finding out what were having. Can't wait to see all the little storks going pink or blue :happydance:

I want to find out! My scan is on the 15th :).

If it's a girl I still have absolutely everything. If it's a boy at I still have all the vests and sleepsuits as 90% of them are unisex up until at least 6 months.

Not planning on buying any outfits. As I think we'll get a few and then I'll just use vests/sleepsuits normally and the outfits we get during special outings.

Pandaspot-im not for sure if what im seeing is nub but if it is, im guessing girl :)

My anatomy scan is the 5th! Hopefully there are no surprises cause I have to go alone :/

wooo that's the bedrooms sorted (apart from switching their clothes around). I can't get the Dora stickers off the wardrobe in the boys' bedroom though, and it has purple handles, but never mind.

207752_275125732614262_1378060436_n.jpg

133147_275125592614276_1137804301_o.jpg

484775_275125575947611_1119953894_n.jpg

735031_275125579280944_2025579548_n.jpg

487383_275125682614267_41355297_n.jpg

177852_275125729280929_1424848607_o.jpg

133188_275125795947589_596867733_o.jpg

620574_275125842614251_448985850_o.jpg

266748_275125865947582_205798780_o.jpg

286164_275125899280912_1851504366_o.jpg

71528_275125952614240_571630429_n.jpg

704625_275126072614228_431622947_o.jpg

280823_275126042614231_1794719579_o.jpg

I'm not worrying right now about where the baby is going to go. Firstly s/he will be in our room until about 18 months anyway, and secondly I don't know if it's a girl or a boy, so it seems pointless thinking too deeply about it for the moment. I've got nearly 2 years before it's going to be an issue.

I realise my kids' bedrooms has nothing to do with babies but I thought I'd share anyway lol. It's what I've been doing all day lol - shifting rooms around haha. I think they look okay.

Good job Natalie - I've gotten nothing done so far. Just laying around with my daughter waiting to hear back from the doctor's office. She threw up again last night (only the once but this time all over her sheets and hair - everyone loves bathing a 2 year old at 2am) her belly seems fine this morning, food seems to be staying down but she's complaining of a headache. Doctor is supposed to call me back and tell me whether she thinks we should come in or just stay home. It's a 45 minute drive and a $35 copay. I'd hate to go for them to just listen to her symptoms and say wait it out, but if they want us to come in of course I'll go!

Of course of all days, hubby has a work dinner with the boss tonight so he won't be home till past bedtime. :(

To top it off one of the kids we were hanging out with yesterday is sick now too... I feel like it's all my fault for taking Jessa out, but I thought she was 100% better!

Ah, thanks for clarifying. My docs office has us do the GTT at 24 weeks, I think.

I have my anatomy scan on the 30th. We already know its a boy but I'm excited to get to see him again.

I had a dr appt yesterday and the nurse has a mini hand-held ultrasound so I got to see my little guy briefly. It looked like he waved and then was sucking his thumb :) things continue to go well and I'll be back to work full time next week!

we're team yellow! anatomy scan isn't until the 26th feb though, seems such a way away!!

My next scan is 19th feb, I want to find out pink or blue, hubby isn't really fussed!

I've had a stressful day, the dog is poorly so had her at the vets and they don't know what's wrong with her, so lots of tests. 😞

I'm pretty sure I felt baby today whilst a work, a cross between bubbles and popping.

My anatomy scan is on the 26 feb , but I am going next week for private 4D scan and I am not sure if they can tell me about the gender or still early .

So Sat. Feb 16 I will find out gender! I was hoping to get in earlier around 18 wks but didn't happen..ugh I hate waiting when it's something I really want it's torture!!

had my glucose test today that was eventful. i was the only patient and so the nurse had me come hang out with her in the office and talked my ear off. lol it made the hour go by before she could take my blood.

Evening all, hope you are all doing well.

We haven't bought anything for baby yet. Had had a look round and started getting ideas, but given we are living in the middle of a building site for the next few months at least, it doesnt seem sensible to get too much yet.

Pandaspot - Glad your scan went well, cute picture x

alannadee - Buying a bit at time sounds like a sensible plan!

Pinkflowers - I don't even have a date for my next scan yet, dont think it will be till mid-Feb though. It seems like such a long wait doesnt it?
I'm not slimming, but I am trying to be careful to eat sensibly. I think some of the SW plans are pretty good, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

Lauki - Its cool that you can hear baby's heart beat ) That is a lot of appointments, I dont have anything booked till my midwife visit next week.

alicecooper - You must be so tired after all that! Great photos, looks like you've done a great job x

Kaths101 - we are going to find out the gender. I know OH is very keen on a girl. I think I would too, but so long as baby is healthy, I dont think I will really mind. Cant wait to find out :)

BeccaMichelle - Hope your little one is feeling better soon :hugs:

Myra - So glad you got to see your boy again, if only for a little bit :)

alannadee- - Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your dog :hugs:

abagailb14- The waiting is really hard isn't it? Seems like most of the early part of pregnancy is waiting to get to the next exciting part!

whoohoo for bumps and scans!!! I love seeing them!!!

Done with my first shift of the day, getting my DD ready for ballet and church, and back to work I go for night shift...then back to work tomorrow morning for another morning shift...I just want to sleep....

i cant wait for our gender scan on the 14th :) i never wanted to find out what we were having this time around but hubby wants to know so i guess we will find out!
is anyone else having a planned c-section? i have to have 1 and wanted to see how others feel about having it planned as well??

so exciting you're all getting your scan dates!

I'm 17 weeks (it's now after midnight!) - it seems to be really flying by! Will take a bump pic in the morning.

maratobe - no planned c-section here. I've never had a c before so I don't see any reason why I would need one this time, apart from in an emergency. Why are you having one, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have one with your DD?

After our antenatal visit Monday I should have a more clear picture of my options for this birth go...I had an emergency c-section with DD but not sure if I will need to with this baby or not. Will see what the professionals have to say about it. I have already decided I want the drugs this time...with DD I tried to be superhero and do it all natural but DD had other ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->