~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Today has been a good day :) I had a check-up this morning and got to hear baby's heartbeat on the doppler. The dr found it right away and in the spot where I've been feeling movements so I don't think I'm crazy anymore! I had class this morning, missed one for the appt but had some time with my husband before he dropped me off on campus. We went to the mall and had breakfast, looked around, and exchanged the defective Ninja.

After clasa I had work till about 8:30PM, I had a craving for Noodles Wisconsin Mac&Cheese so he met me for my lunch break. He also sold a pair of speakers we've had for a while so we could get a soundbar for the downstairs TV. It sounds amazing!

My dr wants me to come in in two weeks for another check-up and to possibly do the quad screening. I'm leaning towards not having it done, we wouldn't terminate and he mentioned false positives but we'll see. If my husband wants it done then we will, I'm not opposed to it. I'm assuming my ultrasound will be 4 weeks from then, so 6 weeks from now. We are thinking we will have a private scan earlier, not completely decided on that yet either. It would be nice though, we wouldn't tell family we are going just so they don't harass us lol. We'd tell them afterward, either that evening or the next day probably. If we wait for the dr appt they will know just because they frequently ask when my appts are.

Well, I'm absolutely exhausted...the past two days have been super busy. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Uhh I have been so tired the past few days anyone else just exhausted?

On a happy note I've felt baby several times today :) such a great feeling

im still very exhausted! i thought it would have worn off by now but it hasnt! :(

so exciting you're all getting your scan dates!

I'm 17 weeks (it's now after midnight!) - it seems to be really flying by! Will take a bump pic in the morning.

maratobe - no planned c-section here. I've never had a c before so I don't see any reason why I would need one this time, apart from in an emergency. Why are you having one, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have one with your DD?

yeah i had an emergency c-section with my daughter, my placenta ruptured and tore away and we nearly lost her so this time they arent giving me the choice, they dont wanna risk it happening again and with my diabetes and blood pressure it makes the situation worse :(

After our antenatal visit Monday I should have a more clear picture of my options for this birth go...I had an emergency c-section with DD but not sure if I will need to with this baby or not. Will see what the professionals have to say about it. I have already decided I want the drugs this time...with DD I tried to be superhero and do it all natural but DD had other ideas.

i hope you get a nice natural birth this time around with drugs hehe

Here is my latest bump photo.:thumbup: I think it looks about the same as the last weeks.

Attachments

• 16 weeks.jpg
    16 weeks.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 12
Lovely bump Libbysmum!!

Maratobe - I'm not sure yet about what is going to happen. I had an EMCS with Sophie too, so am now under high risk consultant care. But I don't think I have to make a decision until 35/36 weeks! I have lots of appointments and also some with the VBAC lady, just to talk about the differences etc. They have requested my notes from the hospital I give birth in, just to see what exactly went wrong and decide from there what the best way to go is.

How scary it must've been that you nearly lost your girlie! That is soo soo aweful!

I know if I am to have a VBAC, I will refuse the epidural.

Well i just had my private gender scan done and we are having alittle girl - she was soo cute with her hands on her face and waving. It was also very very clear that she is a girl lol.

any one else who's on their third or fourth kid, are you bigger or smaller? I was looking back at pictures.from my last pregnancy and I was a lot bigger with him then I am with this little guy! I still fit into all but one pair of my prepregnancy Jeans. Whats up with that? I've gained nearly 10lbs. I thought you got bigger with each kid? My uterus is nearly to my belly button, it just doesn't stick out? Maybe its staying tilted back this pregnancy...

Baby moves NON stop, my boys were able to watch some kicks and rolls yesterday :)this baby has taken to push out, with its whole body. Its quite uncomfortable but neat cause you can find his little body very easily when he decides to do it!

Ooh that's so cool! I don't even feel pops or butterflies yet!

My uterus is still really low. I got a lot of space in my pelvis area I guess plus I have a tilted uterus. I do feel pops and the occasional flip but it is not often. With DD I had anterior placenta and felt nothing for well after 20wks then all I felt was kicks and punches and hiccups etc. Very reassuring. I hope everyone has easy and not too long births. Today Target had a baby sale here in Australia. I couldn't resist going to see what they had on sale. I bought some gender neutral cot sheets and a cute little onesie with a duck on it. I also got DD a new pair of pyjamas for winter.

Lovely bump Libbysmum!!

Maratobe - I'm not sure yet about what is going to happen. I had an EMCS with Sophie too, so am now under high risk consultant care. But I don't think I have to make a decision until 35/36 weeks! I have lots of appointments and also some with the VBAC lady, just to talk about the differences etc. They have requested my notes from the hospital I give birth in, just to see what exactly went wrong and decide from there what the best way to go is.

How scary it must've been that you nearly lost your girlie! That is soo soo aweful!

I know if I am to have a VBAC, I will refuse the epidural.

i hope you get a nice VBAC!!
how are you finding it being under high care? sometimes i wish i was just low risk but i know its for the best because i could not imagine going through the same thing again. :nope:

I find it quite stressful and strange! Because my pregnancy with Sophie was so easy, the Midwife always said I was 'boring' as my urine was perfect, bloodpressure perfect, position of Sophie perfect, measurements perfect etc!

Now I need to talk to all these people and go for growth scans, just because she got stuck in my pelvis! The hospital is 40 minutes away and I don't have a car. So relying on my MIL to drive me or hubby taking time off work (my family doesn't live in the UK).

But I'm glad they are looking after me so well!

Were you high risk in your first pregnancy?

Well i just had my private gender scan done and we are having alittle girl - she was soo cute with her hands on her face and waving. It was also very very clear that she is a girl lol.

Congrats on being team :pink:

I keep wondering if I'm gonna be able to hold out till feb 12th I am dying to know what we at having :haha:

I find it quite stressful and strange! Because my pregnancy with Sophie was so easy, the Midwife always said I was 'boring' as my urine was perfect, bloodpressure perfect, position of Sophie perfect, measurements perfect etc!

Now I need to talk to all these people and go for growth scans, just because she got stuck in my pelvis! The hospital is 40 minutes away and I don't have a car. So relying on my MIL to drive me or hubby taking time off work (my family doesn't live in the UK).

But I'm glad they are looking after me so well!

Were you high risk in your first pregnancy?

oh you sound like you had a nice low risk pregnancy apart from little miss getting stuck, i hope it goes that smooth again and this one comes walking out hehe :haha:
yeah i was at about 24 weeks when i started insulin for diabetes, then was put on bedrest because of pre-eclampsia and then they told me i had 7cms of fluid around bub so i carried so much water, then i got told at 32 weeks that my placenta was showing signs of aging with calcification on the placenta but my doctor thought it was fine, but it wasnt....i bled out at 37 weeks and an hour and a half later i had my daughter. the placenta tore away and she was losing oxygen and needed to come out....
sorry that was long hahahaha

Oooh that sounds so traumatising :(!

My only problem was my bloodpressure going up to 160/110 at 41+3. So they wanted me to be monitored constantly. But because I had horrific back labour, I really struggled with being on my back stuck on a bed. So I had to have an epidural to manage the pain. But being stuck on my back and not feeling how to push I wonder if that was the reason things went haywire. Sophie twisted sideways into my pelvis and hadn't moved down one bit after 2 hours of pushing.
At that point the epidural had worn out and I was in so much pain, it was so scary not being able to do anything to protect my baby. She needed to come out, but I felt such a failure not being able to do it.

So in a way I'm really longing for a VBAC, but on the other hand I'm terrified having the same thing happening again. I'm so scared they'll force me on a bed again!

I had an emcs. As of now we are planning for a vbac. I'm considered high risk this time though aside from preterm labor with DD at 34.5 weeks everything was "boring." Then I had the meds to stop contractions and went over due and had to be induced. I made it to 9.5cm and pushing but had a lip on my cervix and swelled down to a 7. They had me get an epidural (I. Asked for one but then denied when I started pushing as it took over 2 hrs for the anesthesiologist to get to the hospital) I had 2 failed epidurals and a failed spinal and ended up having DD under GA. I will avoid an epidural this time and if I need another CS I'm going to opt for GA again so I can get up quicker after. My dr is also getting the notes so we can further discuss what happened. I'm not 100% opposed to elcs but only if that seems what needs to happen

gonna catch up on the thread this evening I promise ladies :) xx

in the meantime :

bump bump bumpedy bump bump (17 weeks today)

149543_275465892580246_1703604111_n.jpg

65869_275465885913580_493381986_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"