~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Wow that's an amazing bump!! Love it......think you're growing another biggun!

thanks ladies x

sue - haha yeah she's an attention seeker. She was actually going after her little black and white ball. We had put it on the cupboard this morning because she was driving us mad squeaking it lol. (She's got it back now though).

and yeah I think you're probably right that it's gonna be another big one. Goodness knows what it is about me - I just can't seem to have normal sized kids lol

I love your bump and your pup!

I just realized that after my classes tomorrow I have a three day weekend from class and work for Martin Luther King Day :) It'll be a nice little break.

so much goes on in here after just one day!

I had the day off from work yesterday and decided to switch my daughter's room so i had to put her crib together take her old one apart to get it out of her room into the baby's room. it was a busy busy day but everything is done except OH needs to get a bed out of DD's new room as its too heavy for me!

My inlaws will be here tomorrow so i'm excited to see them since i haven't seen them since DD's birthday party in early november. shes been practicing how to see maw maw and paw paw for them all week!

i will def. find out gender. i have an appointment Jan 30th so i'm sure my anatomy scan will be scheduled for 4 weeks after that. luckily my doctor does the scan in the office so i don't have to go anywhere else or wait to be contacted with an appointment like i had to with DD. i might ask how much it costs there for a private gender scan to see if they'll do it at the end of this month! i want to know now!!!

Hello ladies, just a quick question - My manager at work was really shocked when i told her that i can contact one of my midwife team 24 hours a day...

Might not be my midwife but i am always able to contact one of them.

Is this not normal practice in the UK?

Emma x

I'm in the U.S. but we have exchange lines we can call outside of normal business hours and a doctor (might not be your own doctor) in the office will call you and let you know if you should go to the hospital or what you can do from home. i think its awesome i use to mainly for my daughter to get some reassurance

I talked to my husband some more this morning and we decided we are going to have a private scan done :) We really don't want to wait 6 more weeks, it was bad enough when I thought we had 4 to go! :haha:

It is set up for February 9th at 11:30AM, it is only $79. We live in a fairly small town (it is all college really lol) so we'll have to drive about an hour to get there but it'll be well worth it :) I figure we'll make a day out of it and find a nice place to have lunch, go to a larger mall, whatever we feel like I guess. So excited! :happydance:

Yikes we may be taking a 14hr road trip tomorrow, my husbands grandfather passed away rather suddenly. The family is wanting him there so he is at work trying to get leave. What a mess! We have zero winto clothes since we live in a warmer climate. We are all going to freeze to death in the snow.

breadsticks- yay thats exciting. my doctors office offers 3d and 4d scans so i want to call to see how much they charge for an early gender scan. would they be able to tell gender on an ultrasound at 15 wks 4days?

oneandtwo-sorry about your husbands grandfather. hopefully you can find something warm to wear!

miss hastings, we can call the hospital 24/7 round here which i thought was pretty standard in the uk :)

alice, amazing bump!!

oneandtwo hope your trip goes ok :hugs:

xx

Yikes we may be taking a 14hr road trip tomorrow, my husbands grandfather passed away rather suddenly. The family is wanting him there so he is at work trying to get leave. What a mess! We have zero winto clothes since we live in a warmer climate. We are all going to freeze to death in the snow.

So sorry about your husband's grandfather! I'll be praying for your family :flower: I hope everything works out and you're husband is able to get off work. Take care on the trip, 14 hours is quite the drive!

Do any family members have winter clothes your family can borrow? When I was younger we lived in Atlanta, GA and my step-dad's family lived near Milwaukee, WI...we didn't have much for winter clothing either but they always had extra coats and things for us to use while we were there (we always made trips out for Christmas).

breadsticks- yay thats exciting. my doctors office offers 3d and 4d scans so i want to call to see how much they charge for an early gender scan. would they be able to tell gender on an ultrasound at 15 wks 4days?

The place I am going does a "Gender Peek" between weeks 15-21 but the other place I was looking at did theirs from weeks 18-21. I would think they would be able to tell the gender at 15 weeks 4 days but I don't know for sure. That is so cool that your dr can do 3D/4D scans! Mine just does 2D but the place we're going for the gender scan does 3D/4D (and will actually do 4D while we are there on the 9th while we watch, I think we can pay extra to keep the video of it if we wanted).

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Been busy at work and then tired when I get home.
YAY for all the bumps, I still am way more bloat than baby with the constipation... but that leads to a nice round belly that gets me seats on the subway! No one doubts the chubby girl with a hand on her belly right? It's like a super power.

Anyway, my appetite seems to be back finally, MS is all gone except for morning queasies with breakfast. My trick is to not drink any liquids before/during/after I eat my bagel and it seems to stay. Then I'm all set for the rest of the day once I get to work I drink water and tea like crazy so that I hydrate up... which leads to frequent trips to the ladies room.

Staff lunch was yesterday, was wonderful. I over ate so felt queasy from that, but my own fault. Butter chicken and veggie korma was glorious! I'm so excited as I have been wanting both for weeks but too scared to ruin it and waste my money on it coming back at me. The bloat I got from lunch was impressive though and my (male) boss and I compared bellies. Everyone got a good laugh.

I'm home sick from work today though, all the peanut butter on my morning bagels has now caught up with me and I've got a migraine again. Stupid food triggers.

We haven't bought anything for the baby yet. Well I have a twitter friend that's sending me her moby wrap and I'm paying for just the shipping. I checked out prices on car seats and strollers(prams) YIKES! We're thinking we can get away with carrying/wearing the baby for the first few months until it's old enough to be put in a regular stroller which will save us money. I'm not a fan of those big 'suv strollers' as they are so awkward to take on transit by yourself, I always see women struggling with them.

We are staying team yellow. And I've balked on our girl name so we're back to picking a first name for a girl again. I started to realize that she'll get lots of mispronunciations with what we wanted and that would drive me nuts, and likely her too. We're picking Ukrainian names (as they'll go with our last name) but something that's easy enough to say for English speakers and cute nicknames/versions that could be anglicized for my side of the family if they're not comfortable with the Ukrainian version. We want both families comfortable with our choice. We're taking names from my family for middle names so I think everyone will be satisfied... not like they get a choice or that it really matters but I want everyone to feel like we included both our sides equally.

We have our next scan (the one where they check for all the organs... so anatomy I assume is the same thing?) on Feb 21st. And I believe I'll be doing the Glucose test at some point as it's standard whether or not you're 'at risk' for it. And they'll send off my urine too to check for things beyond sugar and protein which we do at the MW monthly.

And that's it for me ladies. I'm off to eat chicken noodle soup and have another nap to try and rid myself of this silly migraine. Thankfully it's not super painful, just enough to make noise and light uncomfortable. (I've had them since I was 6 so I think my threshold for pain isn't exactly the same as other people....)

HUGS!!!

Hi everyone hope you are all well.

I seem to be OK at the moment, not suffering too badly from tiredness.

Breadsticks - Glad you had a good day. I can understand why you wouldn't want the screening. I sort of regret having the test done now. But on the other hand, whilst I did get a higher risk, at least I feel that I am better prepared. Its a tough choice, so I wish you well, whatever you decide. x

Good luck at your scan x

Libbysmum - Cute photo x Sounds like you got some good deals at Target.

Xxenssial - Great news, congratulations on your girl x x

junemomma09 - good luck at your appointment, hope you can hear the heartbeat.

maratobe - That sounds pretty traumatic! Hope it is lot easier for you this time round x

Lauki - Sounds like a horrible position to find yourself in. I hope you get to have a safe, easy vbac this time x

alicecooper - Cute bump pic x

misshastings - I have a book with the midwife's numbers and they have an emergency number that can be reached 24 hours a day. But I think they prefer you to call the hospital out of hours.

oneandtwo - Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you are able to find some warm clothes on the way x

tsyhanochka - Good to hear your morning sickness is better and hope your migraine clears up soon x Your works meal sounds yummy!

The place I am going does a "Gender Peek" between weeks 15-21 but the other place I was looking at did theirs from weeks 18-21. I would think they would be able to tell the gender at 15 weeks 4 days but I don't know for sure. That is so cool that your dr can do 3D/4D scans! Mine just does 2D but the place we're going for the gender scan does 3D/4D (and will actually do 4D while we are there on the 9th while we watch, I think we can pay extra to keep the video of it if we wanted).

yeah my previous office i had to go to the hospital to get a scan and they only offered 2D but now i see a doctor at the hospital i work at which is in a much more populated area so they have ultrasound machines in every OB room and they offer 3D/4D scans which of course are extra since insurance won't cover it. i haven't looked on prices for that yet either.

i didn't get 3D/4D scans with my daughter so i don't know if i want to this time. i kind of want to but dont want later down the road for my daughter to think i didnt care as much about her. not saying she would but who knows

Is $150 reasonable for a 3d scan? At my new obgyn you have to pay for one if you want one, apparently insurance doesn't cover it? Strange because at my midwife's office before they never said anything about having to pay for it. Anyways, the $150 is for a 3d scan with a dvd, it's $100 without but I want the dvd. Just wondering if I should shop around for a better price or not :)

Is $150 reasonable for a 3d scan? At my new obgyn you have to pay for one if you want one, apparently insurance doesn't cover it? Strange because at my midwife's office before they never said anything about having to pay for it. Anyways, the $150 is for a 3d scan with a dvd, it's $100 without but I want the dvd. Just wondering if I should shop around for a better price or not :)

Here is the pricing in my area. Seems pretty comparable to me :)

yeah my previous office i had to go to the hospital to get a scan and they only offered 2D but now i see a doctor at the hospital i work at which is in a much more populated area so they have ultrasound machines in every OB room and they offer 3D/4D scans which of course are extra since insurance won't cover it. i haven't looked on prices for that yet either.

i didn't get 3D/4D scans with my daughter so i don't know if i want to this time. i kind of want to but dont want later down the road for my daughter to think i didnt care as much about her. not saying she would but who knows

tlh, they do the 2D ultrasounds in the clinic so that is nice :) Personally, I would get it if you want to, I don't know think your daughter would think that at all. I never was certain that I wanted to do 3D/4D scans, it is cool but I thought they would be way more expensive. We decided to do the most basic package for the gender determination but maybe we will do 3D later down the road. We haven't thought too much about it though because that would be months away lol.

Breadsticks - Glad you had a good day. I can understand why you wouldn't want the screening. I sort of regret having the test done now. But on the other hand, whilst I did get a higher risk, at least I feel that I am better prepared. Its a tough choice, so I wish you well, whatever you decide. x

Good luck at your scan x

MissBellum, thank you! Your input is helpful :) We have a couple weeks to decide but I'd like to talk to my husband about it right away, probably this weekend, so we have a solid decision before going back in.

So sorry about your husband's grandfather! I'll be praying for your family :flower: I hope everything works out and you're husband is able to get off work. Take care on the trip, 14 hours is quite the drive!

Do any family members have winter clothes your family can borrow? When I was younger we lived in Atlanta, GA and my step-dad's family lived near Milwaukee, WI...we didn't have much for winter clothing either but they always had extra coats and things for us to use while we were there (we always made trips out for Christmas).

Im hoping family still has some stuff my friend has some I can borrow for my five year old, I just gotta check around for the other two! I think I'll be fine if I just.wear lots of layers. We used to keep snow clothes there with family since we go up for Christmas but its been two years since the last time went up and there was snow so all the clothes are too small! It's looking like we'll be able to go, and im glad. He missed his best friends funeral and his grand mothers because they wouldnt grant him leave.

Thanks ladies! It took her a few minutes to find the heart beat. Baby was higher than she was searching lol I can't believe how big my uterus is now. The top of it is just below my belly button. Crazy!!!! No wonder I'm showing so much already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->