~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

My scan isnt till the 12 March, I dont know how many weeks I will be :haha:

Hope everyone is ok x

I have an ultrasound next Friday, but they don't like to tell you the gender, so I'm going to try to get it out of them, but if not, then I'll have to book a 3D one, and pay the $150 :wacko:

I have an ultrasound next Friday, but they don't like to tell you the gender, so I'm going to try to get it out of them, but if not, then I'll have to book a 3D one, and pay the $150 :wacko:

why don't they like to tell you gender?

on the name thing i'd agree with everyone else, don't change the name you love just because of someone elses opinion!!

my only rule on names is avoiding initials that make a terrible word! like i couldn't name a child timothy ian as our surname begins with T!!

Mvosse, me! :happydance: I can't believe it is tomorrow! I will probably not sleep a wink :haha: We haven't told anyone but I did break down and tell a really good friend of mine today. She is taking care of our pets while we are out of town this weekend and I just couldn't hold it in any longer! She said she'll keep the secret, we'll probably go public Sunday. :)

Caro, I'm exactly the same when talking about names I always see if the initials spell something. At work I look at the database and some mothers were so cruel to their children's with some of the names that come up :haha:

I struggle so much with boys names, we also used our favourite 2 names up with jack :dohh: and the only other name we like is our dogs name!

on the name thing i'd agree with everyone else, don't change the name you love just because of someone elses opinion!!

my only rule on names is avoiding initials that make a terrible word! like i couldn't name a child timothy ian as our surname begins with T!!

i know what you mean about initials. Before naming our daughter Madelyn i wanted to name her Ava (also before i realized how popular it became). I was set on the middle name being Reece after my late grandfather. Reece was his last name and i was very close with him! Our last name starts with M so my daughters initals would have been ARM. i couldn't do that to her!!

i know what you mean about initials. Before naming our daughter Madelyn i wanted to name her Ava (also before i realized how popular it became). I was set on the middle name being Reece after my late grandfather. Reece was his last name and i was very close with him! Our last name starts with M so my daughters initals would have been ARM. i couldn't do that to her!!

My initials were ARM before getting married :haha:

We found 2 names we like so far. Still have a lot left to go through. But I like Addison and Coltin, but I like it spelled Coltyn. My sister and mom said I can't do that cause they are girls names. What the heck????? I thought this was our kid not theirs!!! I hate when people try to tell me what I can and can't do!!!

:haha: breadsticks! that's the thing about girls names, you might be very careful what you call her, then she gets married! :dohh:, but at least we tried! boys however are stuck for def with their initials for life!

One of the girls names I was thinking of would give her the initials EAT, then its sods law she'll get a bit chunky at some point and kids would be so so cruel at school so need to have a rethink!

We found 2 names we like so far. Still have a lot left to go through. But I like Addison and Coltin, but I like it spelled Coltyn. My sister and mom said I can't do that cause they are girls names. What the heck????? I thought this was our kid not theirs!!! I hate when people try to tell me what I can and can't do!!!

i went to school with a guy named Addison and there was a guy on American Idol last year named Colton lol..I liked the name Addison if we have a girl but with my daughter being Madelyn I changed my mind. We call her Madelyn but when she gets older she might want to go my Maddy and if we named one Addison and she wantsto go by Addy i think maddy and addy would get confusing...it seemed easier naming the first born :haha:

Lots of ancestors in my family were Addison. They were all male! It was pretty common in the late 1800s but yeah most of the Addison's these days are girls, but that doesn't matter! Colton is definitely a male name. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=colton

Tip for those of you wanting name statistics. www.wolframalpha.com is AWESOME! just type in the name you want and poof a TON of different statistics!

You're in BC too... where are you having the scan? I am also trying to woo the technician next Monday (the 18th). I know there is a place downtown that charges $60 for gender scan and dvd with all you images. A friend went there pretty recently (2 weeks ago) when her LO wouldn't cooperate and they found out she's team pink! She loved it and said it was a wonderful experience there
:shrug:

Most of my ancestors had Germanic sounding names like Wolfgan, and Gotleib. We do have an ancestor Maximillian...which is becoming quite popular in the last few years. We also have a Yohan...not sure of the spelling though. Not very common but it means the same as John.
Got some great 2nd hand purchases off gumtree yesterday. A jungle animal playmat, rain-forest swing, and a cute bouncer plus loads of boy clothes- over 100 items all for $50.

Most of my ancestors had Germanic sounding names like Wolfgan, and Gotleib. We do have an ancestor Maximillian...which is becoming quite popular in the last few years. We also have a Yohan...not sure of the spelling though. Not very common but it means the same as John.
Got some great 2nd hand purchases off gumtree yesterday. A jungle animal playmat, rain-forest swing, and a cute bouncer plus loads of boy clothes- over 100 items all for $50.

Haha my hubby suggested Maximillian. I asked him if he was insane! :D

oooh good deal! I need boy stuff.... I guess I should go look over craigslist

Haha my hubby suggested Maximillian. I asked him if he was insane! :D

oooh good deal! I need boy stuff.... I guess I should go look over craigslist

Here are some of the things...will post photos the rain forest swing is missing the toys but everything is working and in good condition the lady who sold them just wanted them out her house cause she is expecting a girl...I told her we should have just done a swap as I have so many pink baby things!:dohh:

Attachments

• playmat.jpg
    playmat.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • turtle bouncer.jpg
    turtle bouncer.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
  • swing.jpg
    swing.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
Breadsticks!!! I was thinking it was you, but I was to lazy to go back and read. Yay for tomorrow! I know I will sleep because I'm ready for bed now, just got done with work, and I did two different jobs at basically the same time all day, and they were across the building from eachother, I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

I went to school with a Colton. He went by Colt mostly. :)

Awww Mvosse, sorry you had such an exhausting day! Good that you will sleep well though :D I only had class today but I've been cleaning the house since I got home. I don't know if that has tired me enough though lol!

My husband should be home in about 1.5 hours and then we can leave for the hotel! :happydance: Last night he showed up with thirteen boxes of girl scout cookies as a surprise. Thirteen lol!

I went to school with a Colton. He went by
Colt mostly. :)

Awww Mvosse, sorry you had such an exhausting day! Good that you will sleep well though :D I only had class today but I've been cleaning the house since I got home. I don't know if that has tired me enough though lol!

My husband should be home in about 1.5 hours and then we can leave for the hotel! :happydance: Last night he showed up with thirteen boxes of girl scout cookies as a surprise. Thirteen lol!

i think i ordered 13 boxes of girl scout cookies :haha: i can't wait for them to come in? i hope its soon!!!

we have decided to keep the name Evelyn and my hubby said he will break the news to his mother. but i told my dad today the name and he goes are trying to copy. im like what why would i for one and who else has a name like Evelyn i dont know anyone. he then relised he was wrong but informed me that my cousin who had a little girl recently is named Avelynn. i didnt now this but really dont care because i didnt now this prior and dont even see them since they live in another state. all of my cousins kids have odd names so i never can remember even how to pronounce them let alone remember what they are since i never see them. my dad likes the name though but his first responce was shocking though. but i dont care i love Evelyn Hope and it is staying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->