~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

we stopped talking about names altogether. until we know the gender we're not discussing. every name he likes i hate and every name i like he hates. i refuse to give in and go for one of his names that i hate i feel like im doing all the growing and work here my vote should count for at least 2!!

Alice - I obviously missed a post there.. had to read back when noticed Miss B saying she hoped the antibiotics worked! lol Ditto! Hope your mouth is on the mend!

Miss Bellum - we were bad with girls names too.... I'm surprised our kid even has a name!

tlh97990 - too true. I'd hate to choose a name hubby didn't love, but I do wish I could just magic his brain into loving the name that I do. hehe.

Thanks, everyone! It still feels so surreal :)

Alice, sorry about your wisdom teeth and the cranky tech! I would be so frustrated about both. I hope you get some pain relief soon. When I had my wisdom teeth out, one had gotten infected because it was impacted but broke the surface...it was some of the worst pain I had ever had! I can't imagine dealing with that ever again, and definitely not while pregnant. I hope the antibiotics help!

Donna, so happy your appointment went well! :happydance:

Proudarmywife, your bump looks so great! I can't wait until your ultrasound tomorrow :D

As for me, our weekend away was AMAZING! The hotel was very nice and surprisingly inexpensive. We had a great time at the museum, we ended up buying a membership because they had a promotion where they would refund your tickets for the day and you get a sizeable discount at the gift shop, it ended up being cheaper for us to have the membership. The gift shop, oh goodness, they had the coolest stuff! Things specific to exhibits like usual but they also had original versions of old board games and children's books! We got Aisling a bunch of books that we had when we were kids. We also got her an amethyst to display in her room, it is so pretty. We plan on going back this summer, they will be having a Star Wars exhibit that we want to go to (we are super nerds lol) and general admission will now be free with the membership. We also get a pair of IMAX tickets for free so we can see something else there :) We saw The Hobbit Saturday night and it was so awesome in 3D! We loved it! Aisling kicked almost the entire movie so I think she liked it too :haha:

We also went out to eat at a German restaurant, it was delicious! I want to go back but it is about an hour away from us so we can't go too often.

Of course the main event was the ultrasound Saturday morning! As expected, I didn't sleep a wink Friday night :haha: We got up pretty early that morning to have breakfast at the hotel, they had a pretty expansive free continental breaksfast that was really good. We ate at their bar because they brew Starbucks and my husband is obsessed and they had a soccer game on the TV. We love soccer so we watched it, I believe it was Tottenham vs. Newcastle. After the game we headed over for the ultrasound.

We were taken back right away even though we arrived a bit early, so that was cool :) The tech was a really nice man, I believe the owner of the business. The room was big, had a huge sectional couch next to a narrow, propped up bed. It was so comfortable! You watch the ultrasound on a huge screen on the wall in front of you instead of the monitor. He told us before he started that during the entire weekend he had only had girls, we ended up being the 14th! He tried to do 4D but because of my anterior placenta you couldn't really see her well.

Here she is at 18 weeks 5 days! She was moving and kicking like CRAZY, even the tech said he had not seen a baby this active lol! He said it's no wonder I feel her all the time :haha:

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/mandyrene21/Aisling18Weeks_zps6b1fd394.jpg

We came home yesterday, my friend had been watching our pets for us. I had texted her to let her know we were having a girl because I broke down and told her before we left that we were having an ultrasound. We came home to balloons, banners, and pink "It's a girl!" Hershey Kisses arranged to say 'YAY!' on our table :cloud9: It was such a nice surprise!

We also called family to let them know yesterday. My mom cried several times and my little brother said he's going to teach her how to play sports, specifically he wants to play hockey with her and "teach her how to kick all the boys' butts!" :haha: We found out some pretty big news too, two of my SILs are pregnant! I'm not sure how far along one of them is though my husband said she was around 3 months. My other SIL is 6 weeks. They haven't told all of the family yet so I have to keep it quiet which is so hard! I am so excited!!! :happydance: I was just telling my husband that I wished one of them would get pregnant while I was (I knew one was trying and suspected the other might be too) merely hours before we found out they were!

So that was my weekend in a nutshell :haha: I just can't stop smiling!

Sounds like an amazing weekend Breadsticks!

You'll probably appreciate these photos ;)
IMG_6079.JPG[

we're big geeks too. Although hubby totally rolled his eyes at me when I suggested Anakin as a name.

Mark's 'it's a boy' facebook announcement

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sQy3XYDbjws/URA6ZJT_sdI/AAAAAAAAN-g/a4rQeXV64vU/s640/vader+announce.jpg

breadsticks what an awesome wkend! sooo fab your little girl is going to have cousins so close in age! I'm really jealous :haha:, as yet non of either of our families has even had one kid, let alone close in age!

becca...love DH's fb announcement! xx

Becca, those pictures are the best! Thank you so much for sharing them! My coworker is knitting some hats for the baby and she found a pattern to make one with Yoda ears and another with Princess Leia hair :haha:

Just sat here, I was about to get up and go portion up my studel (woodland fruit flavour mmmmmmm) but then Millie decided to do a little dance around so still sat here feeling her move hehe. Baby comes over strudel! :)

Just sat here, I was about to get up and go portion up my studel (woodland fruit flavour mmmmmmm) but then Millie decided to do a little dance around so still sat here feeling her move hehe. Baby comes over strudel! :)

quote of the day: "Babies before strudel." :happydance:

Hope every one is well.

I am rubbish at keeping up with this thread. I have been running around after my 3 yr old and working lol.

I have thrush from anti biotics I am on, will the mw be able to prescribe the cream for me?

:haha: sue i'm sat here needing a wee but baby is dancing away so don't wanna stop him/her!! (i might regret this if i need to cough :blush:)

pink flowers, in my last pregnancy the GP had to prescribe stuff but I remember my midwife just writing the GP a note, or even i did, so didn't actually take up an appt! xx

donna- im glad your appt went well i know you were stressed out!! when do you have your anatomy scan? are you pgoing to find out gender?

yes i had a scan last weds. and it's a boy! the doctor said today it was perfect. i asked if by now they would see any major birth defects and he said yes there is no sign of anything being wrong. so i guess i need to relax and start enjoying this!

:haha: sue i'm sat here needing a wee but baby is dancing away so don't wanna stop him/her!! (i might regret this if i need to cough :blush:)

pink flowers, in my last pregnancy the GP had to prescribe stuff but I remember my midwife just writing the GP a note, or even i did, so didn't actually take up an appt! xx

I need a wee to but am not moving for the same reason :blush:

I will speak to her and see what she says, if i didnt have to make an appt with the GP i would be amazing as they are always running late! plus my mw appt is at lunch time so she might be able to get the doctor to do it there and then as he wont have patients.

there could be a few soggy sofas :rofl:, i got up and went though, plus got chocolate! xx

Alice - I obviously missed a post there.. had to read back when noticed Miss B saying she hoped the antibiotics worked! lol Ditto! Hope your mouth is on the mend!

Miss Bellum - we were bad with girls names too.... I'm surprised our kid even has a name!

tlh97990 - too true. I'd hate to choose a name hubby didn't love, but I do wish I could just magic his brain into loving the name that I do. hehe.

yeah i couldn't imagine picking a name he didnt like but i wish i didnt care :haha:

there could be a few soggy sofas :rofl:, i got up and went though, plus got chocolate! xx

I got up because I needed a wee too, and I came back with cookies :dohh:

Donna - so so so glad your little boy is perfect. How truely wonderful. Well done mummy! Now to get very very excited for the arrival of your precious son xx

name wise so far i've written a short/medium list which i've not shown to my DH, getting him to do the same and then we'll negociate from there! hoping we'll both have some of the same ones on our list :D.

We're going to struggle with a boys name this time! xx

Yay Donna, now go shopping for boy things and start to enjoy your little man. We have the same problem with boy names! I have had a list of pretty girl names but hardly any boy names! Got a big day here today with Playgroup, looking at houses and doing errands or DH while he is at work. Really would be nice to have a house keeper to run around doing the things I never get time for, putting folded laundry away etc.
Really want to get more done before the new baby arrives but don't know if I will get there.

My midwife is a bit rubbish and hasn't said
Anything about antenatal classes at all. I have a thread on the main 2nd tri board about it

dont you hate that.. i get that way all the time. she will move at the moment i have to go so bad. and im not gonna waist the time going when i can still feel her.

caro103-there could be a few soggy sofas
:thumbup: i have to wear pads 24/7 so i dont wee my self. i sneeze all the time now which doesn't help. ive tried the so called kegles and that dont work i swear when im done breast feeding i am gonna get a my bladder lifted and take those pills on the commercials that help with bladder control its offal.

last night i could feel her stretching and moving up past my belly button like a big ball. and feel her on the out side when laying down. when i woke up my belly had pouched out more now and im more round D shape. so just her stretching did that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->