~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Congratulations on all the little boys and girls!

My scan is not until this Friday, so will need some patient for a little while longer! Really excited and counting the sleeps like a 5 year old before her birthday :rofl:.
Just hoping baby is healthy though as it's a very serious scan of course!

I'm finally feeling some movements too now, not regular still but there's things happening! Very cool :)!

That is beautiful Abigail. Just make sure DH mounts the chest of drawers to the wall before the little one is up to the climbing stage. Read a horribly heartbreaking story about a 3 year old who was crushed by her bedroom dresser drawers and died. Made me cry my eyes out.
Been feeling a little bit more movements last few days. So annoying having the anterior placenta.

lovely nursery set abigail!

eugh my son is still kinda sick, really snotty and temp keeps spiking so i can't really take him out. So instead he's posted some coins in our hoover :dohh:, I thought he was being a bit too quiet!! our hoover was blooming expensive too and is one that washes the floor as well...oops! they've gone into the sealed bit you can't get into too...wonder if it'll matter or whether the hoover will just rattle :haha:

LOL our DD loves to sit on the vacuum like it is a motor bike. Hope the hover makes it okay. We still don't have a name for our little guy...got about 140 days to think up a good one. Half way to go!

Oh goodness Caro don't you love when they get quiet you know they are up to something :haha: dd is afraid of the vacuum I turn it on and she runs and climbs on the couch and yells at me the whole time :haha:

So exciting to see everyone hitting 20 weeks!! Halfway there girls :happydance:

AND in just 24 hours we will be on put way to our anatomy ultrasound!!! I'm so excited to see baby again! Praying he or she is healthy and will show us wether they are a he or a she :haha: fingers crossed.

enjoy tomorrow proudarmywife!!

i WISH my son was afraid of the vacuum :haha:, DH is gonna kill me, what with moving house we don't really have the funds to replace it! and he told me last night that it wasn't a good idea to let alex play with coins :dohh:

I am wondering am I feeling movement? I keep having like a pulsing in my tummy, it's round about where the baby is when I use the dopplar. Could this finally be it? Or is it some random pulsing in my belly?

526366_292080254252143_439488500_n.jpg

20+4

everything looks healthy :)

So in terms of gender :

We were going to stay team yellow, but we talked about it, and we thought it would be nice to have it written down and then we could all find out together with the children.

So we got into the scan room and asked the technician to write it down, but she refused. She said she could tell us but she wasn't willing to write it down.
So then she was like "well do you want to know or not?"
So I kind of ummed and ahhed. Dh said he wanted to know, so I said "go on then".
But then she grumbled a lot saying that it's not actually part of the scan -
and then had a VERY half-arsed look and made a vague guess as to what she thought it was, but it was not clear at all, and she said she only THOUGHT it was that, and that she wasn't sure.

So basically I wish I'd just said I didn't want to know now.

So as far as I'm concerned it's just not concrete enough to be considered valid, so we're not telling anybody because it'll probably turn out to be the opposite gender lol

So team yellow still I suppose, even though now I've got it in the back of my head that it's what she said she thought it was. But really it was SO so vague. I do really wish I had just stuck to my guns and not asked at all.

Annoying or what?!

oh wow alice sorry the tech was such a :witch:

Thats awful that people behave like that at something that is an exciting and special moment. I think i would be like you and it wouldd be stuck in my head and i would have to go get some sort of confirmation. Not knowing at all is so much better than maybe half knowing and getting used to it.

Scan picture looks great though and glad baby is healthy :)

heres my 20 week(well almost :haha:) bump

Attachments

• 560102_10200470815197560_1138479025_n.jpg
    560102_10200470815197560_1138479025_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
:dohh: alice, i'd heard they're funny about writing it down before, something to do with being sued and it being on paper if they're wrong! whereas verbally there's no proof what they said! grrr.

lovely bump proudarmywife!!

my son is driving me nuts! wants to eat, but doesn't want to eat! grrr. Now i've heated up his dinner and its sitting going cold whilst he has a meltdown :dohh:

We picked out our nursery furniture today! Found this set at Burlington Coat Factory and dh was able to haggle an extra 30% off the price. We got the crib and 6 drawer dresser. I'm so excited to be getting the baby's nursery together :) We find out gender this Saturday too!

i love the furniture!! i didn't know burlington had baby furniture! i need to get my daughter a dresser to match her new bed but haven't had much luck finding a good quality one for a reasonable price!

I am wondering am I feeling movement? I keep having like a pulsing in my tummy, it's round about where the baby is when I use the dopplar. Could this finally be it? Or is it some random pulsing in my belly?

id say you are feeling movement!!!

Something else I wanted to ask, do you get antenatal classes on the nhs? It's my first and I don't know how any of this works?

When should you start them? Etc and whats involved? I do want them as I haven't a clue really.

Something else I wanted to ask, do you get antenatal classes on the nhs? It's my first and I don't know how any of this works?

When should you start them? Etc and whats involved? I do want them as I haven't a clue really.

Im getting some later on through the nhs, it was organised through the maternity unit they sent me some forms to fill in around the time of my booking in. They wont be untill around 30 weeks. But my local children center does some, i am starting 'from bump, birth and beyond' next week, they also do ante antal yoga which im loving. Plus its all free. You could look into them?

Chinese tonight after yoga!!! yum yum cant wait!!!

had my 20 week check up this am. everything is perfect. my bp was a bit high but not bad. they know i have anxiety and it's usually high when I'm there.

donna- im glad your appt went well i know you were stressed out!! when do you have your anatomy scan? are you going to find out gender?

That is beautiful Abigail. Just make sure DH mounts the chest of drawers to the wall before the little one is up to the climbing stage. Read a horribly heartbreaking story about a 3 year old who was crushed by her bedroom dresser drawers and died. Made me cry my eyes out.
Been feeling a little bit more movements last few days. So annoying having the anterior placenta.

I read that one too and promptly had Mark afix Jessie's to the wall the next day!

pandaspot - It could be your pulse. It's really strong in your belly. Hubby is often confusing it with baby bumps! Ask your midwife about the classes. They will register you for one and then send you a letter telling you where/when. :)

Alice - gosh Alice! What an annoying tech! Our tech was sooo excited to tell us. I think she would have been sad if we'd said no. It was so obvious though I would have been able to tell even if she hadn't said. I'll have to scan the pic so you guys can see. but I know how you feel though, because at 14 weeks our tech said she was half sure it was a boy. I was like. ARGH! that's worse than not knowing! If you were living over here I'd tell you go to a different dentist asap! but I remember how hard it is to even register with one dentist there. :( We were luckier though in that there is a Dental School in Glasgow and they would take walkins. I really hope you can get someone else to look at it for you. British dentists mad me mad :mad:

Breadsticks - aww congrats! Girls are awesome!

AFM: Hubby felt the baby kick for the first time Saturday night! It's finally real for him!! Also he's vetoed Greyson so we're back to Gabriel. I'm not sure why it's sooo hard for us to choose a name. Feeling nauseous again today. Been about a week since I've thrown up but I really though I might last night.

I really should go write up a 19 week blog post while Jessie is watching an episode of Diego.

We haven't bought anything yet, but thats mainly due to living in a building site! There just seems to be no point in buying anything whilst most of our stuff is in boxes.

Pandaspot - Sounds like movement great news:) Our midwife gave us details of the NHS groups they run but we can't book a place until 28 weeks. There are 2 afternoon sessions apparently. I am not entirely sure what they cover, but hopefully should be useful. I have signed up with NCT too so hopefully will learn from both of them.

donna - So pleased everything went well at your scan :)

alice - Hope the antibiotics have helped clear up your gum infection. Cant believe the first dentist didnt spot that! What a shame that the radiographer was so miserable :(

BeccaMichelle - Hope you feel better soon x We seem to be struggling with finding boys names too. Seems to be much harder than girls name for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->