~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I've got a fair amount of pressure right in my butt :shock:
Haven't even been bouncing today!

Definitely feel like my body is getting ready for when little madam decides!!

pressure in your bum is baby right down Sue... does it feel like you need a poo?

Proud I hope you can get some rest x

Is it bad that I'm yearning for the newborn interrupted sleep because I think that will actually be more rest than getting now :dohh:

NO! I think I might have an entire blog post about just that subject from the first time! I was getting so frustrated with everyone telling me to sleep now because I wouldn't later and all I could think was "at least when I do sleep then it won't hurt etc!"

Yeah a bit like that pink, and it gets more intense if I move a certain way. I don't know if she's engaged though :shrug:

I would keep an eye on it, you will defo know if its labour but the feeling of needing a poo is normally the baby moving down. Sometimes pushing feels like you need a poo :haha:

Yeah a bit like that pink, and it gets more intense if I move a certain way. I don't know if she's engaged though :shrug:

I can't really say because my baby never engaged until after my contractions started and by that point it was all pain!! but a pain in butt does sound like an engaged baby. lol no pun intended.

I stupidly just re-read my birth story from #1. What was I thinking?? oi. I'm sure I've shared it before... but here it is... https://meatballsmith.blogspot.com/2010/02/construction-complete.html

Really it didn't seem all that traumatic at the time.. but things sure look different through my husband's eyes. Guess I was so out of it I wasn't really aware of what was going on.

Aww Rebecca (hehe) thanks for sharing. I've often been told that the whole 'birth' thing is much worse for those watching than us participating.

Great story! But I do hope the little fella gives you an easier time in a short while!

sue - yeah when I was giving birth, especially with Jason, I felt a LOT of pressure in my bum (even though I had an epidural I could still feel it).

Me too! As long as he can wait till 39 weeks and then the 35 minutes to the hospital he's welcome to pop out super quickly, like a greased pig! lol

Sounds like you are getting ready for labour sue, I've got loads of pressure but mines at the front, cant remember it like this last time! Baby feels really low and like he's going to drop out :haha:
I've also had the faint feeling once a day usually in the morning, I think it's dehydration with me!
Glad you got a hose, imagine running backwards and forwards with buckets of water lol.

I'm going to go and read your birth story now becca, sounds traumatic but I do love reading birth stories makes me feel more prepared!

Found out they've closed the maternity ward at the hospital I'm going to! So everyone is on a ward until they're in full labour then we will get taken to a room. No visitors allowed and no bags!! Wtf! It will be lovely when it's done, they're putting 6 more pools in, all en suites etc but I will miss it, doesn't open until September. Typical!

I tried out my TENS machine today, my MW recommended I try it because she thought I might hate the sensation.

Tried it on my arms like she suggested and it was soooo weird, but I actually kind of enjoy the feeling!! Haha, I'm actually looking forward to using it when things kick off.

My back has got achey now, cervix pain & cramps! I think I'll be heading to bed soon 'just in case'. I'm also still very overly warm! *sweaty*

Got my Button keeping me company.....
https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/7C377E20-BD57-4061-8EAB-9101472CE9EF-540-00000177EE9746C4_zps3153a827.jpg

Sounds like you are getting ready for labour sue, I've got loads of pressure but mines at the front, cant remember it like this last time! Baby feels really low and like he's going to drop out :haha:
I've also had the faint feeling once a day usually in the morning, I think it's dehydration with me!
Glad you got a hose, imagine running backwards and forwards with buckets of water lol.

I'm going to go and read your birth story now becca, sounds traumatic but I do love reading birth stories makes me feel more prepared!

Found out they've closed the maternity ward at the hospital I'm going to! So everyone is on a ward until they're in full labour then we will get taken to a room. No visitors allowed and no bags!! Wtf! It will be lovely when it's done, they're putting 6 more pools in, all en suites etc but I will miss it, doesn't open until September. Typical!

OMG?! WHAT? no visitors and no bags??? Plus you have to be mixed in with proper 'sick' people?? That does NOT sound cool.

Trying to find a baby picture of me for a baby shower Saturday... obviously suffered from second child syndrome. Tons of baby pictures of my brother but not so many of me until I'm aged like 10.... Must make an effort to take as many pictures of this new baby as I did of Jessica!!!!

OMG?! WHAT? no visitors and no bags??? Plus you have to be mixed in with proper 'sick' people?? That does NOT sound cool.

I know that was my reaction too, there won't be any sick people just woman in labour, imagine that ...everyone screaming, puffing and panting away in a ward! :wacko: it's going to sound like a zoo :haha:
I asked my midwife about the bag thing and she said no bags but a small rucksack size will be allowed as they literally have a bit of room either side of the bed. So my large holdall is no good! I think I will leave it in the car and just get OH to grab bits as and when! Hoping I won't be in there long anyway..I'm sure if they're that stretched for space they will be discharging us pretty quickly if everything is ok. That's one positive I suppose

Trying to find a baby picture of me for a baby shower Saturday... obviously suffered from second child syndrome. Tons of baby pictures of my brother but not so many of me until I'm aged like 10.... Must make an effort to take as many pictures of this new baby as I did of Jessica!!!!

I'm the same, I have LOADS of jack so must make sure I do the same with this one, I'm a bit obsessive about catching every moment so I really must remember. I've even bought a new camera :thumbup:

Kath that sounds awful. So what happens where you're 'ready'? Do you get wheeled off somewhere to deliver? I bet the sound will be awful on the ward :nope:

Write a list of essentials & put those into a rucksack. Then yeah get josh to run back & forth to car for bits! :thumbup:

Hopefully they'll want to boot you out quick!!

i agree that giving birth is probably more traumatic for those watching than us doing to an extent! my husband "helped" with my epidural with our daughter and i had to get stuck twice..i guess the first one wasn't in the correct spot so he dr pulled it out and when he did apparently blood was squirting out of the hole (tmi) my husband said it had looked like id been shot! he thought it was more disgusting than the things he seen at war and to me i just remember being in pain crying getting the epidural and popping the kid out!

have you guys seen this??
photo.php
(erm that's supposed to be a pic of this weekend's upcoming SuperMoon)

must keep my legs crossed!!!!!! We're NOT ready! :D

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready.

God - I will take Beccas moon dust, just add it to mine!!!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back