~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

think that's it kath...once bubs is here at least you reclaim your body!! I'm not quite as bad at you turning wise etc, but its def a struggle. I just feel wiped out atm, been told 3x this morning by my landscape gardener that I look like poo and am I sure i'm ok!?...bless him, last time he said 'I don't mean it meanly...just a bit worried about you' :blush:, I've told him i'm fine, just tired but to call 999 if he sees me in a heap :rofl:

I did a bit of gardening yesterday so maybe over did it a bit, plus not 100% convinced I've not got DS's cold coming on :/.

Alice, how overdue were you with your others? I went 8 days over with alex so not overly expecting to go into labour anytime soon, but it'd still be nice to go before due date! will you get induced if it comes to that? or just wait it out with monitoring? have to say i'll prob just be induced if it comes to it xx

Those of you with other children...are your kids going to be at the hospital when you deliver or is someone going to bring them up later? My daughter is really little still so i'm going to have hubby or someone bring her right after....but I want her to meet her sister before anyone else so I don't know how to go about telling other family to stay away until then...any suggestions?

*sigh* latest update:

Headed to the hospital last night to be seen as I could not get the headache to go away, and I had been advised if the headache would not go away with tylenol or was worsening to come in, and it was doing both. Anyway, ended up sitting there for 5 hours waiting to see a doctor. Nurses put me on monitor and baby as usual was his normal healthy active self. They also checked my BP and it never went below 140's/high 90's. My headache was so bad I could barely stand it. They took bloods which came back normal for liver function, and a urin sample, which they forgot to test. Finally saw a doctor who sent me home saying, and this is a quote:

"You are going to have to grumble through it until you get more symptoms, your blood pressure gets 'really actually very high', blood work comes back bad, or baby goes into distress. Until then go home and take a tylenol if you still have a headache and gravol for the nausea."

When I told her that the reason I came in was because tylenol was not making the headache go away, she gave me no other options and just said I have to be " sicker" before she would help me. At this point I had been suffering from this incredibly painful headache for more than 7 hours, it was after 4am and I had NO sleep and I wanted to tell her to *%$^ herself and feel what my head felt like and then see how long she could " grumble through" it.

So anyway, I'm home and I have no idea why they even wanted me to go in if they were not going to help me at all. I'm in pain, I feel sicker than I have in almost my entire life. I just want to cry. As you can probably tell, I'm not a happy camper. Of course as I was leaving they remind me if I start to feel worse to come back in, but I really don't see the point. They just keep me there for hours, won't even offer me a tylenol for the pain(even though it isn't working...still), and then send me home telling me i'm not sick enough. I'm so tired.

I'm awake every 30-40 mins to turn over at night as my hips hurt so much. I'm looking forward to regaining my body too!

Oh Counting that sounds awful! And you did as they asked so I'm not sure why they treated you that way. Maybe check in with your OB/midwife today?

:nope: :nope: counting that's awful. For anyone to say, well we're not going to help you until the baby is in distress...wtf?! You're clearly not well, and yet they're willing to just let you go home with nothing more than paracetamol :nope:

Can you get a second opinion?! I really think you need one.

Oh no counting, how awful. i feel for you. can't you see someone else? How can you get sicker before you get seen, its ridiculous... how sick?? argh getting angry for you now!
don't give up getting the care you need if you really are feeling terrible. Just think of that little baby In there relying on you, if you do have pre-eclampsia then you need to be monitored so carefully and your Health is soo important too! :hugs:

kaths - I'm just the same in bed it's awful

caro - my first was 18 days overdue (induced at 14 but took another 4 days to arrive), my second was 15 days overdue (induced at 14 but took another day to arrive), and my third was 10 days overdue.

They said they'll induce me at 12 days over if I don't pop on my own this time round.

tlh - my MIL is going to be coming to our house to look after the kids when I'm in hospital, because DH will be going back and forth to-from the hospital so he won't be able to look after them.
MIL doesn't drive though and it's going to be too awkward for her to bring the kids in a taxi to the hospital or whatever so my kids will meet their new sibling when I get home with him/her. I'll be talking to the kids on the phone though to tell them if it's a boy or a girl and so on.

counting - oh I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish. That totally bites that the doctor fobbed you off line that :(

this is my overdue bump. 40+1

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/Photoon2013-06-28at14493_zps53eec55d.jpg

Those of you with other children...are your kids going to be at the hospital when you deliver or is someone going to bring them up later? My daughter is really little still so i'm going to have hubby or someone bring her right after....but I want her to meet her sister before anyone else so I don't know how to go about telling other family to stay away until then...any suggestions?

Jack will stay with my mum and dad at my house, so if I have to stay in hopefully they will bring him to see us, if I get out quickly he and my mum and dad will be first to see baby.
You will just have to be honest with people before baby arrives and say can they contact you or OH before visiting to ensure your LO gets to meet baby first. Or just decline all visitors for the first 24/48 hours so they know from the start that you wish for it to be just you, OH and daughter in the first few days

Oh counting... so sorry you are in so much pain and not being helped. That is the worst. My hospital did that to me too when I was so sick and coughing my ribs into splinters. I was in complete agony and could barely walk or move without nearly crying from the pain and they told me, 'go home and take tylenol for the pain.' But I knew the pain wouldn't go away until I stopped coughing... was so crushed.
Anyway, thank god your baby is still healthy but I really hope you get some relief. Keep your fluids up and maybe go see your family doctor..??

Alice - hoping your baby comes out to meet you soon!!!

I had a pretty solid sleep last night and am feeling good! Besides the strong BH's that make me feel like my diaphragm is totally crushed :wacko: Might go out fishing and crabbing with DH today as it doesn't seem to be raining (yet!!!)

Counting - that's just wrong on SO MANY LEVELS! I'm in pregnant lady rage mode for you! There's no way my doctors would have let me leave the office with those symptoms. You definitely need a second opinion, or to file a compliant. I can't believe they're being so unsympathetic/unconcerned! It just doesn't make any sense. Next time you go in, have your hubby kick up a stink for you.

tlh97990 - My mom is driving down to stay with my daughter (whose 3) it's a 3 hour drive here though so at first she'll be staying with friends. My mom will pick her up from there and then when she gets the call from hubs she'll drive over to the hospital with my daughter. So really Mom and Jessie should be the first ones to meet the baby other than hubby.

Alice - you're lucky you have stretchy skin! I feel like I would have split open and had the baby alien style if I were you!!!

oh golly. This baby will NOT stop moving today. Kinda feels like a bowling ball is doing an irish jig inside of me...

Baby eviction process stopped until Monday!!!

Now listen to Mummy, Millie, just had a phone call from the Lead Shropshire Midwife, there are no midwives available in the whole county from Sat 5pm until Sun 9am........so no homebirth if you make you bid for freedom then. Also Mummy has Food Festival tickets for Sunday so if you could wait till at least Monday that would be much appreciated!!!

:rofl:

Baby eviction process stopped until Monday!!!

Now listen to Mummy, Millie, just had a phone call from the Lead Shropshire Midwife, there are no midwives available in the whole county from Sat 5pm until Sun 9am........so no homebirth if you make you bid for freedom then. Also Mummy has Food Festival tickets for Sunday so if you could wait till at least Monday that would be much appreciated!!!

:rofl:

Don't tell her that- that is exactly when babies decide to make other plans! :haha: Hope she cooperates so you can get your home birth.

forgive me if i leave something out, ive just read through 15 pages i think!!

congrats proud!! cant wait to see pics.

counting, i really hope they take you seriously that really is ridiculous they are not taking you seriously especially considering the state of your placenta.

tlh-we had our kids at all deliveries until this one, hospital doesnt allow children during delivery and im grateful for that as they would have been traumatized at how the last bit of labor went.

alice,, i could not imagine being that overdue. that is intense!!

cant wait to see more birth reports in the coming weeks!!

afm-as crazy painful asthat labor was, omg that is the way to go in terms of healing! by day 3 i felt fine outside of stitches pain, today day 6 i feel completely back to normal, ive got energy back and feel great. it was never that quick of a recovery with my others. miss mina is doing fabulous she is such an eater!! sleeps perfect, not a crier. shes just an over all perfect, calm baby. which is nuts considering how crazy she was in utero! my,middle boy is absolutely smitten, my oldest as well but he's still a bit scared to hold her. my two year old goes back and forth will love on her and give kisses then five seconds later, he'll try to slap her!

I know I'm seriously thinking its just my luck she'll want to pop out this weekend after making plans and now no midwives for 16 hours!!

how come there are no midwives?

Counting I am shocked about how you are being treated.

x

They are under staffed in the county and they do try their best to cover all births at home from neighbouring villages, there's just not anyone to do that on Sat. They've got some staff illnesses so midwives are needed in the MLUs and Hospitals.

I don't mind though tbh, I've been warned there could be the occasional night when there might not be a MW on call but I definitely didn't expect a phone call so the fact that she phoned in advance so I wouldn't get a shock whilst in labour I thought was really nice.

And she thanked me for being so understanding :smug:

I wouldnt have been understanding haha... but then I am in a hormonal rage at the moment. :rofl:

:hugs: counting!!! That is ridiculous! They gave me Tylenol with codeine for my pulled round ligament!
Congtats! Proud!

Oneandtwo glad you're recovery is going so well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->