~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Congratulations Xxenssial and Nenna on your baby girls :happydance:
It's so encouraging to hear the sunbeams arriving daily!

Caro I think I will be with you in the overdue group! I have no inclination anything is happening anytime soon.

Pink can I join you in the pool! Jacks got a little one but if i got in there, there wouldn't be room for water :haha:
My feet are resembling sausages now!

Hope Alice is getting on ok, what a warm day to be giving birth.. I'm kinda hoping it will cool down a bit for mine, I'm not good in the heat anyway. Always feel sick and dizzy and hospitals are sooo warm. I was lucky with jack as even though it was August it was torrential rain!

Midwife appointment went well! No concerns, she measured fundal height about 20 times because she was thinking there was no growth but she missed my pubic bone nearly all times until I told her I think she needed to go lower :dohh: when she did there was an additional 1cm :thumbup:

She was also wondering if she is actually palpating shoulders as opposed to a head as baby could be really really low :shrug: she said the only way to really know is by internal. :shock: so I am booked in with her on Saturday for a stretch and sweep and to see where this baby's head is!! But she did say positioning wise she is in exactly the right position for birth :thumbup:

We briefly discussed induction and she's happy to let me go term + 14. She said she wouldn't really be comfortable delivering me at home after that due to the increased merconium risk to baby. I'm fine with term + 14, I think that's long enough for baby to make her own exit when she's ready. MW thinks Tues / Wed next week lol but then did go on to say it's all bollocks guessing and baby will just turn up! :D

Having a yummy salad tonight with some salmon and new potatoes. Didn't have much lunch so have just tried to level out my blood sugars as I was feeling a bit shakey. Stocked up the freezer with cornettos, lollies and ice cubes and the fridge with cans of coke and 0% beer! *slurp* Think I will have a refreshers lolly now whilst watching some telly!

:baby:

So baby is breech... estimating at almost 9lbs. I'm being scheduled for a c section before the end of the week. Scared.

Those of you who've had c sections...what do I need to pack differently? Anything special I should buy? How hard will breastfeeding be afterwards?

Whoa Becca!! Did you know?? Or was that a complete surprise? What a little monkey!!!

So I don't have much advise re: your questions but I have heard breastfeeding shouldn't be much different as your placenta removal will trigger hormones and have baby to chest as soon as you can. OH skin to skin while you're being put back together.

Best of luck for your date XX

Whoa Becca!! Did you know?? Or was that a complete surprise? What a little monkey!!!

So I don't have much advise re: your questions but I have heard breastfeeding shouldn't be much different as your placenta removal will trigger hormones and have baby to chest as soon as you can. OH skin to skin while you're being put back together.

Not a clue! Everyone thought it was a butt up there. The midwife was the first to think it may not be. Sent me for a scan and i have a ton of fluid and they think they baby is 8lbs 13oz. She was about to do a sweep but decided she needed to double check his presentation first. That's a good idea about hubs doing skin to skin. Time to rewrite the birth plan!! Oh my gosh.. holding it together because I'm still out of the house but I predict a breakdown when I get home.

Not a clue! Everyone thought it was a butt up there. The midwife was the first to think it may not be. Sent me for a scan and i have a ton of fluid and they think they baby is 8lbs 13oz. She was about to do a sweep but decided she needed to double check his presentation first. That's a good idea about hubs doing skin to skin. Time to rewrite the birth plan!! Oh my gosh.. holding it together because I'm still out of the house but I predict a breakdown when I get home.

Hey if you need a cry you need a cry! At this late stage, finding out baby is breech will be a huge shock, I remember my shock when I found out at 31 weeks and that was still ages till D Day.

Yes, get some thoughts down on paper. DH immediate skin to skin with baby is a really great idea as that will help his temp and breathing then as soon as you're able he can come to you on your chest under gown and you'll be able to initiate breastfeeding.

Remember baby will also be fine for a couple of hours without a feed in the small chance your platelets don't allow the epidural (but after the steroids, I'm sure they will!). So you could also make a note about not administering baby any formula (if of course you want that, a first formula feed wouldn't cause any issues and you could ask for it to be cup / spoon fed - no teat)....then when you're up to it again baby comes to you.

Can't think of anything else, but I am sure another Mummy would had a C Section will have much better advice than me.

Just remember deep breaths, stay calm, mummy and baby will both be very safe & he will be in the world very soon :flower:

That must have been a shock!

I forgot to say I am declining a sweep at 41 weeks.

So baby is breech... estimating at almost 9lbs. I'm being scheduled for a c section before the end of the week. Scared.

Those of you who've had c sections...what do I need to pack differently? Anything special I should buy? How hard will breastfeeding be afterwards?

Breastfeeding will be the exact same. Packing-wise, make sure your underwear and pants aren't tight where your incision will be, other than that, it's all the same :)

Becca, at my hospital they were still able to let baby and mom do skin to skin right away as long as there weren't any complications. I would call the hospital up, maybe you can speak to a nurse about your concerns and it will help you feel better about it. :hugs:

Good luck Becca!

I was sent home again last night this time they were strong enough but not frequent enough..I dint think the girl had the monitor on properly though..regardless I only went tron 1-2cm Friday to 2cm and still thick..they said I have another uti but the script they gave me makes me throw up so I'm still in pain

Oh Becca!! Sorry to hear your LO is breech! I agree with Sue, if you need a cry, then cry! You deserve it! It's normal to feel scared with any surgery, and this was so unexpected! Good luck!!!

SO sorry to hear baby is breech :(.

Congrats to all the new moms out there!

Good news today is that while Joey is still very jaundiced, his numbers are rising at a level that means he can stay home finally! Such a relief. Enjoying being a mommy to this amazing little person.

Oh, and some pictures since I like showing my little guy off:

Attachments

• 2013-07-08 06.14.26.jpg
    2013-07-08 06.14.26.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2013-07-09 20.40.46.jpg
    2013-07-09 20.40.46.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 998342_10152980079740694_677459663_n.jpg
    998342_10152980079740694_677459663_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 21385_10152980081465694_432464298_n.jpg
    21385_10152980081465694_432464298_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
counting your little man i gorgeous!! where did you get your sling? ive wanted 1 like that for ages!!

Looks like a Moby - you can get them at Target, Amazon, Babies R Us. Heaps of colours to choose from online!

Counting he is gorgeous, glad you've got to go home!

Becca - sorry about the c section news. At least you don't have long to wait now!

counting your little man i gorgeous!! where did you get your sling? ive wanted 1 like that for ages!!

Not a moby, but moby style. It's actually just a length(5.5m I think?) of cotton jersey bought from the fabric store cut in half lengthwise. That gives you two stretchy wraps for a fraction of the price of one. That is all you have to do to make a wrap that is fully functional as cotton jersey doesn't fray. That being said, the edges of mine are surged just for looks, and there is a patch on the center. Putting a patch or tag in the middle is good because it helps you find the center easy when you go to wrap.

(Also thanks for the compliments of little guy. I think he is gorgeous too, but I'm a little biased)

Counting your little man is precious :)

Ugh having difficulty latching LO on my right breast. Is this normal to have difficulty with one side but absolutely no problem with the other?

Proud it's not unusual, maybe it's not comfortable for her to lie that way - sometimes a chiro can fix that (who specializes in babies). They don't do adjustments like they do in adults, it's much gentler!

Proud, not sure if it's normal for one side or the other, but I had issues latching Coltyn onto my left side. I continued to use the nipple shield for a bit longer but here we are starting yesterday fully feeding on both sides without a nipple shield! We have moments when it takes him a good 5 mins or so to get latched properly, but we get it. Good luck getting your LO to latch on to both sides!

Counting, your little man is precious!! I love how you made something like a moby wrap yourself! I was thinking about getting one but it might be easier doing something like that! My sister was also thinking about getting one. I'm going to call her and let her know too!

I am having such a hard time at night trying to feed Coltyn. I am just so tired and I feel it's quicker to pump and feed him rather than to just feed him. I'm getting frustrated with myself because I am so tired and feel I should put him straight to the breast but at the same time, I'm just so exhausted! I get to sleep around 2am every night and up again around 3 or 4 to feed him and then he will keep waking up. Giving him a bottle of expressed milk allows him to sleep for the entire 3 hours instead of waking up every 1-2 hrs. I feel like I'm being selfish but at the same time, I'm so mean and grumpy when I'm tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->