~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

^^ becca sums it up very well! I was in pain for several wks as got very cracked nipples but once they recovered I was sooo glad I persevered!

massive congratulations tlh!! xx

ps omg there's 24 'guests' viewing this thread atm and only 3 members....who'd have thought we'd be that interesting ;) xx

Okay, so "false labor" is the most annoying thing in the world! I had cramps all afternoon yesterday, and when OH got home from work we cuddled in bed... Which turned into DTD with a passion I haven't felt since second tri! Afterwards, I had intense contractions for a couple hours. But around 9:30pm they started feeling very different. My whole belly was tightening and the discomfort/pain of the contraction was spreading from lower belly to around my back. They were unlike anything I've felt thus far. I started timing them and freaked out when they were almost exactly 3/4 minutes apart! I calmed down and sat in my rocking chair timing contractions for about an hour. They varied from 2 minutes to 5 minutes after being consistent for a half hour. I decided to take a shower and rest in bed just in case it was really show time. I fell asleep and the contractions faded. I was so sure that I was going to have him last night :"(
Has anyone else had false labor like this? Has anyone had it the day or two before actually having your baby??? :)

Congrats tlh on your little girl!!! Cant wait to see pics of her!! She definitely came fast!

Thanks ladies for the positive support on the breastfeeding! Will keep working on it and I know it'll eventually get easier! I think he's gassy too. My first DS was real gassy but was mostly formula fed. I have given Coltyn gas drop twice because he'd be fast asleep then just scream out bloody murder! After getting the drops he'd fall straight back to sleep for an our or two. holding him didn't help and it was right after a feeding. The lactation consultants said what I eat wont affect him gas wise. Is this true or can it affect him?

Proud, you can do it! We are all cheering for you! :happydance: Congrats on 2 weeks and sticking it out longer than with your first :)

Motherearth, I have also heard that what you eat won't affect baby's gas, but their poops might smell like some of the foods you've eaten lol.

Little girl let us sleep in this morning! Yesterday I was so tired so I'm really grateful today :) We're going to Once Upon A Child in a little bit to get her more newborn clothing since she is so tiny...we have four onesies in newborn but a lot in 0-3, she just swims in those lol.

Motherearth I had all kinds of false labor especially after dtd it was the most annoying thing in the world. Hope things happen for you soon.

Jj I have heard that if you ate it during pregnancy baby should be used to it and you can continue to eat it. Not sure how true but I haven't changed anything as of yet.

Breadsticks thank you :) I am very pleased with myself

Thanks to all for positive bf stories, always good to have encouragement.

Proud - congratulations on keeping going :)

Proud, you can do it! We are all cheering for you! :happydance: Congrats on 2 weeks and sticking it out longer than with your first :)

Motherearth, I have also heard that what you eat won't affect baby's gas, but their poops might smell like some of the foods you've eaten lol.

Little girl let us sleep in this morning! Yesterday I was so tired so I'm really grateful today :) We're going to Once Upon A Child in a little bit to get her more newborn clothing since she is so tiny...we have four onesies in newborn but a lot in 0-3, she just swims in those lol.

We have the same problem with Ellie, everything swamps her. Doesn't seem worth buying too many new bits at this stage though as she is growing so fast!

My little girl was born July 10th at 3:33am she is 9lbs 6oz 21.5 inches long! I ended up delivering her alone..hubbys parents still haven't made it but she came fast the Dr was down the hall and barely made it in time to deliver her

Congratulations on your little girl :happydance::thumbup::flower: so pleased all went well. Looking forward to seeing pics :)

congrats tlh!!

motherearth (is that the right name?? lol) i had stop and go labor like that for exactly a week before i delivered. sept mine picked up when i was relaxed and alone usually and went sway when my day started/kids woke up. hopefully you'll not have to wait too,much longer!

congrats tlh. we were labouring in tandem!

Nathan James Gosney was born at 4.01am on 10th July weighing 10lbs 8oz at 41+6 weeks gestation

I now have 4 lovely children :)
1071171_361305303996304_292525447_o.jpg

Yay Alice, so good to hear from you! And what a big boy!
Wonder what the average sunbeam weight will be, something we can do from the spreadsheet :winkwink: we seem to have some biggies here! *eye watering.

Congratulations :happydance:

Congrats, Alice! Your children are adorable! They look so happy with their new little brother :)

Alice - It's a good thing little Nathan is so preciously cute because I wanted a Callista in here! Congratulations! :hugs:

T-10 hours till baby! Surgery scheduled and then rescheduled for 10am tomorrow morning. We'll be leaving here about 6:40am to head to the hospital for a 7:30 check in.

Slightly freaked, totally scitzo, baby tomorrow and we still haven't settled on a name! :dohh:

Platelets are low again, praying they're up by morning so I don't have to have general anesthesia.

I will check in as soon as I'm coherent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->