~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I love reading the first page!

Congrats to all with their lil bundles of joy & good luck to those still waiting!

My baby is five weeks & he is fussy from 3am-6am every night. We have started him on prevacid yesterday. I hope to see a difference within a week!!
Any other reflux babies? Im going to look into those probiotic drops mentioned!

At his one month appt he weighed in at 9 lbs 7oz!! wow!! (5lbs 12 oz at birth, june 23). :)

Morning all, hope you are all well.

Ellie is now 6 weeks old! How the time flies. She had her health visitor check up yesterday and she is fine & healthy. Weight now up to 8lbs so the same as most average newborns!

I share the general confusion about what clothes she should be wearing. During the day I tend to leave her in a nappy unless we are going out, when she goes into a short sleeved vest. Last few nights,her legs felt cold so I did put on a light sleep suit and she seemed a lot happier.

Ellie also has the hours of not settling, its really hard work isn't it? Her kick off tends to be from 4 - 10. Really frustrating for Anon, as it seems the only times he can see her, she is fussing. Also means I haven't been able to eat a hot meal with 2 hands for the past week.

Becca - interesting stuff about the probitic drops - look forward to hearing your results, hope they help.

Jsmom - Ellie has had reflux, its really hard going isn't it? Good to hear your little one is doing so well, thats a great weight gain!

there is a normal stage of night crying for newborns, mina is at it too but hers does not last long. I try not to overstimulate her, but just be with her and hold her, or lay by her and talk to her while it passes. Our third son lasted hours, what helped to soothe him was standing near a sink and letting the water run. It really helped soothe him.

re-clothing. its been at least 100° here most every day this summer. we keep our housr at 75 in the,day, 71 at night. she wears a onesie/bodysuit usually. sometimes a romper that doesn't have pant legs or sleeves, and wrap her in a receiving blanket. She runs hot, like a couple of my boys and sweats easily so i try yo keep her in very litle. the "added layer" of clothing, is the blanket. no hats, but i do put her in socks.

https://purplecrying.info/what-is-the-period-of-purple-crying.php

Sorry some of you are having a hard time with crying babies, we haven't hit that yet but I'm sure we will...

So we are in August now.. Didn't July just fly by!!

I was thinking today have any of you got any funny stories to tell that happened during or after birth?
My birth was pretty Uneventful but I do remember being near the end and josh was sitting on the bed..I was in the birthing pool. It was completely silent for hours apart from the music playing but then Josh started whistling to a song on the radio and I screamed at him to shut up! :haha:
I also accused him of being asleep and kept telling him to wake up...I still think he was!

Sometimes I like to humor myself that my son looks a bit like me...:haha:

Attachments

• 5b90cb61-a88f-43b0-a205-961dc46416d8wallpaper.jpg
    5b90cb61-a88f-43b0-a205-961dc46416d8wallpaper.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
counting you two are so alike!

kath i was begging the mw to break my waters, she said she wouldn't as he would come to quick... so i muttered i hope they go with a pop. she kept jumping out the way as i was pushing and the pop... she didnt jump out the way quick enough and they went all over her :rofl: that will teach her :p

counting you two are so alike!

kath i was begging the mw to break my waters, she said she wouldn't as he would come to quick... so i muttered i hope they go with a pop. she kept jumping out the way as i was pushing and the pop... she didnt jump out the way quick enough and they went all over her :rofl: that will teach her :p

He actually REALLY resembles my husband too, LOL. He has got my husbands narrower face, eye shape and mouth. He has my colouring, chin and nose though. He has bright blue eyes...interested to see how that turns out as both me and DH were born with brown.

henry has grey eyes. oliver always have blue. so i wonder if henrys will change as no one in either families has grey eyes

panda, hope things are picking up for you now!

during my labour, as eddies head was out I had a funny discussion with the midwife, I said something along the lines of 'you naughty boy or girl', (not sure what too, possibly I knew he'd tore me) she mistook me as asking whether it was a boy or a girl saying 'we don't know yet', me 'I know that...I was saying its a naughty boy or girl'...etc! :rofl:. My DH got what I was saying and clarified it for me, I think before his body was actually delivered! ;)

panda, hope things are picking up for you now!

during my labour, as eddies head was out I had a funny discussion with the midwife, I said something along the lines of 'you naughty boy or girl', (not sure what too, possibly I knew he'd tore me) she mistook me as asking whether it was a boy or a girl saying 'we don't know yet', me 'I know that...I was saying its a naughty boy or girl'...etc! :rofl:. My DH got what I was saying and clarified it for me, I think before his body was actually delivered! ;)

Haha something similar happened here. Oliver was born by vontouse and I didn't get the "ring of fire" this time it all went to plan and as Henry was turning I looked at the midwife and went... "what the hell was that" she laughed and went his turning. I went his just ripped me open as well :rofl:

:rofl: bizarre how you can have totally lucid conversations at a time where you should really have other things on your mind!

I know, martin was laughing I was pushing, then stopped had a chat and then carried on :rofl:

:haha: I def didn't get chance to do that this time! think his head was 2 pushes, body 1 :shock:, slightly different to first time where I pushed for 2.5hrs!

I was pushing for 21 minutes before his body was born. But most of it was to break the waters lol! I think it was 5 minutes after the waters went he was born! haha

I didn't say anything crazy during pushing(very short) or established labor, but when I was getting my cervadil for cervix ripening and I was having TERRIBLE strong, unproductive contractions on top of each other and back spasms. I got in the tub to try and ease the pain. My poor husband filled the tub for me, helped me in then started to pull the shower curtain across. I guess he was meaning to give me privacy, but I just glared at him and said in apparently the most angry, scary voice (and my face was apparently just enraged and contorted in pain) "No, look at me like this!!!". :haha:. He then got a chair and sat beside the tub for about 3 hours....:blush:

(He put up with A LOT during my induction. Poor love of mine)

i was a sarcastic turd to my nurses until my water broke. the first nurse said she didn't want to go home as she thought i was too entertaining! LOL

during transition, i begged for an epi, the guy came in and he was trying to talk to me about the epi while i wa contracring,, i was so annoyed with him i kept twirling my hand at him signaling him to hurry the hell up, i said to him can you talk any faster?! he asked if i could sit up. i said I'll do anything you want just put the fuckin needle in my back. HAHAHA so glad i disnt get that epi! poor guy was traumatized. he walked into my room while i was making noises like a whild boar, in all my naked glory and he sais what did i just walk into?? i started pushing while he was still finishing his shpeal! i bet he quit his job after.that LOL

also, right after birth i said why the hell would anyone do that more than once (meaning unmedicated labor/birth) funny though, as i now wish i would have had all of my kids med free!

This time was so short I don't remember saying much of anything.. just tried to breathe. Last time however, after I got the epidural I was apparently saying the most random things. I wanted to know how the human race hadn't died out ages ago because if if was in some tribe they surely would have left me for dead by now. Then there were a few conversations about how much we hated our car at the time. Thank heaven for epidurals even though mine only took on one side!

Apparently saying to martin after henry was born.. "well his definitely yours then" isnt the done thing "haha: I didnt remember that bit! Martin told me last night!

Henry was up 10.30pm till 3am last night. Me and martin ended up having a disagreement :( but we have sat and spoke abiut it. It was too hot for all of us last night. Oliver included.

Hopefully today will be a better day, he has got up with oliver so I can rest. I think I will get up in an hour or so and see if he wants more sleep or tonight will just end up the same.

Think baby blues is here I cried about the chance of me getter ng pnd last night even tho I am really happy atm :rofl:

I am still waiting 53 hours now and only in latent stage!! I am 42 weeks today.

Apparently I am going over to delivery ward today for waters to be broken and to be put on drip

Apparently saying to martin after henry was born.. "well his definitely yours then" isnt the done thing "haha: I didnt remember that bit! Martin told me last night!

Henry was up 10.30pm till 3am last night. Me and martin ended up having a disagreement :( but we have sat and spoke abiut it. It was too hot for all of us last night. Oliver included.

Hopefully today will be a better day, he has got up with oliver so I can rest. I think I will get up in an hour or so and see if he wants more sleep or tonight will just end up the same.

Think baby blues is here I cried about the chance of me getter ng pnd last night even tho I am really happy atm :rofl:

Oh yes day 3 was when baby blues hit me too.
Hope you all feel better today and manage to get some sleep. It was SO hot last night wasn't it :growlmad:
Remember you are 'working' full time too so don't feel bad about asking M to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->