July testers - Over 35

I know, she may be up a creek without a paddle poor dear. I say put it on the AMEX and hand him the bill later lol!

yes the longer we wait and keep "trying" the further the chances are... he is irritating me with the money thing. I got up and said "listen, is it worth having a baby or not? cause I will NOT adopt buddy"

My RE told me that the has the option of cancelling if my ovaries get over stimulated...so all the $$$ is down the drain before the first retrieval. Another cost were the injectible meds about $3-$5k depending on what dosages you needed and those are not part of the physician costs. You have to get them from a pharmacy.

LL I went through all the testing except for an HSG and sperm analysis - my LO is only 4 and neither DH or I have any medical conditions that would dramatically alter our reproductive systems. All blood tests showed normal for a 41 year old meaning chances were ok, but not great.

I would start wi the basic testing just to see if there is anything obviously wrong.

oh she is doing HCG and AMH...next week we do the Dye test and then appointment in 2 weeks

well he has now agreed to try one cycle and hope and pray it takes or I have enough embryos from that one to keep trying...see we also want to move and stuff...tod him we can do credit and he does not want that LOL...he was crushed after his student loans and he swore never again apparently...well I am applying for jobs now too, for sure!

well he has now agreed to try one cycle and hope and pray it takes or I have enough embryos from that one to keep trying...see we also want to move and stuff...tod him we can do credit and he does not want that LOL

Well, that's a start...don't remind him about the maternity part, lol.

well he has now agreed to try one cycle and hope and pray it takes or I have enough embryos from that one to keep trying...see we also want to move and stuff...tod him we can do credit and he does not want that LOL...he was crushed after his student loans and he swore never again apparently...well I am applying for jobs now too, for sure!

:happydance::thumbup: GREAT that you've agreed to a plan!!! And it sounds like she's arranging all the right tests for you beforehand too. Good luck!

Awesome LL. Sometimes DHs need a little prodding in the TTC department.

Ladies, I have a quick question, and I hope it isn't TMI for you guys. My DH loves to BD, in fact, he likes it a lot lol. :haha: Whenever we do he likes to "keep going" once he's finished if you know what I mean. I don't mind or anything but the only problem I have noticed is that quite a few swimmers "fall out" in the process. :blush: (SO sorry if TMI!)

Now luckily he can "finish" again but should I be worried about the "spillage"? DH seems to think that whatever spills it's OK because he's gonna replace it LOL!:blush: He's probably right but I just don't know. :shrug:

Any ideas if once a BD session is best or if two is OK?

Ladies, I have a quick question, and I hope it isn't TMI for you guys. My DH loves to BD, in fact, he likes it a lot lol. :haha: Whenever we do he likes to "keep going" once he's finished if you know what I mean. I don't mind or anything but the only problem I have noticed is that quite a few swimmers "fall out" in the process. :blush: (SO sorry if TMI!)

Now luckily he can "finish" again but should I be worried about the "spillage"? DH seems to think that whatever spills it's OK because he's gonna replace it LOL!:blush: He's probably right but I just don't know. :shrug:

all I have to say is YOU ARE LUCKY!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

well he has now agreed to try one cycle and hope and pray it takes or I have enough embryos from that one to keep trying...see we also want to move and stuff...tod him we can do credit and he does not want that LOL

Well, that's a start...don't remind him about the maternity part, lol.

girl I did not have too, he already had me call in a quote for that today too! lol ob/gyn will be $3k for the 2 u/s, delivery and visits lol...hospital between $4k & $7K the advanced maternal age stuff I was told first visit with u/s is $250...yeah...he had me call all today!

:happydance::thumbup: GREAT that you've agreed to a plan!!! And it sounds like she's arranging all the right tests for you beforehand too. Good luck!

yes she will do hcg ( cause yesterday I was still at 12.5) and AMH ( to check how many eggs are left in me) and next week the Hysterosalpingogram (dye test) and something about blood clots too? to make sure that after transfer embryo can actually feed ok

all I have to say is YOU ARE LUCKY!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LOL, thank you, I know I am :haha:. I mean what a silly problem, too much BDing? Yeah right :dohh:. I was just wondering if anybody knew if that was an issue. In all my reading about BDing I have never read anything about that. Certainly he can't be the only man that wants to keep going... is he? :shrug: I'm sure he would love that, it would make him feel like a god! :haha:

Elizabeth, how long have you been TTC? You obviously can get pregnant at 41, which is all the IVF would do for you, correct? Your FS doesn't want to try something else first before expensive IVF? Maybe I'm too much of a skeptic, but for a doctor to jump right to a $13K procedure when you CAN get pregnant on your own, seems a bit questionable.

Well I guess the big issue is my age... If I keep trying on my own to no avail I will run out of options if I want to use my own eggs (which is the whole point here) the IVF would select the viable embryos as opposed to just hoping a viable one sticks (like it happened this past month and now I am thinkin also in April and a few years back...very similar and a few years back I wasn't trying so I never tested but I was almost 2 weeks late)

So basically it is to speed up the process I guess and increase my odds

I'm glad you are getting the testing done. Some of the results might show you have better odds than the normal 41 year old. Don't forget with IVF you have a chance of multiples so that might up some of you pre-natal care as well as delivery. Kind of exciting it's moving so quickly.

Well I guess the big issue is my age... If I keep trying on my own to no avail I will run out of options if I want to use my own eggs (which is the whole point here) the IVF would select the viable embryos as opposed to just hoping a viable one sticks (like it happened this past month and now I am thinkin also in April and a few years back...very similar and a few years back I wasn't trying so I never tested but I was almost 2 weeks late)

So basically it is to speed up the process I guess and increase my odds

It makes sense and I really, really hope it works for you (on the first try!). :) :)

LL if it is viable then have a look at ivf abroad. I was looking myself as I may do it and it is much cheaper in places like the Czech republic or south Africa and a couple of ones I found were specifically aimed at people from the us. You combine it with a nice holiday lol!

Mnj the only thing I think about twice is the 2nd lot of sperm would not be such good quality I think from what I have read as it takes 2 days for them to regroup :) but you have the first lot so that should be ok!

LL Not really sure what to say as some many have offered excellent advice but I hope your DH realises that a price can't really be placed on a baby. I can understand not wanting to go into debt but will a full savings account give him a hug; call him daddy or tell him that it loves him? :shrug:

Momnjon - my DH is the same as yours with the same attitude to spillage so we have an agreement that the 5 days before ovulation he only deposits the once so to speak and the rest of the cycle he is free to deposit as often as he pleases :)

I'm glad you are getting the testing done. Some of the results might show you have better odds than the normal 41 year old. Don't forget with IVF you have a chance of multiples so that might up some of you pre-natal care as well as delivery. Kind of exciting it's moving so quickly.

actually would not mind Twin girls :winkwink:

LL Not really sure what to say as some many have offered excellent advice but I hope your DH realises that a price can't really be placed on a baby. I can understand not wanting to go into debt but will a full savings account give him a hug; call him daddy or tell him that it loves him? :shrug:

Momnjon - my DH is the same as yours with the same attitude to spillage so we have an agreement that the 5 days before ovulation he only deposits the once so to speak and the rest of the cycle he is free to deposit as often as he pleases :)

Well yes I told him that, and he agreed to one cycle and then take it from there...he really wants a kid so hopefully he will come around

LL if it is viable then have a look at ivf abroad. I was looking myself as I may do it and it is much cheaper in places like the Czech republic or south Africa and a couple of ones I found were specifically aimed at people from the us. You combine it with a nice holiday lol!

Mnj the only thing I think about twice is the 2nd lot of sperm would not be such good quality I think from what I have read as it takes 2 days for them to regroup :) but you have the first lot so that should be ok!

Ah yes...BUT remember my hubby is Mr Coupon so to add a trip would mean not only air fare and hotel but taking days off from work...when you consider all of that he would rather pay it here (plus he is very republican and only respects medicine in the USA) LOL But nice thought though

Well, it sounds like things are headed in the right direction! Let me guess, your Republican DH is like mine...medical care in the US is the best as long as he is not paying for someone else's, lol.

I'm glad you're getting at least once cycle LL and sending loads and loads and loads of :dust: for it to be a successful one :dust:

LL - I am so happy that your OH has agreed to at least 1 cycle of IVF and you are getting tests and everything is moving forward quickly hun. In the UK i think you get 3 free trys on IVF on the NHS but, I think it might depend where you live not too sure as not thinking of that route personally. A friend of mine had a successful 2nd attempt at IVF and her little man was born in November 2010. :dust::dust::dust: to you hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->