July testers - Over 35

Hi girls , Shmoo your right three goes but I think the wait list can be long ?
Glad things are going the right way LL when you get to hold that lil one it's priceless.
Hope everyones doing okay ?
By the way Junebug , thats a beautiful wedding pic

Hi girls , Shmoo your right three goes but I think the wait list can be long ?
Glad things are going the right way LL when you get to hold that lil one it's priceless.
Hope everyones doing okay ?
By the way Junebug , thats a beautiful wedding pic

Hi Bubba! :hugs:

Unfortunately in the UK I think you have to be 39 or under to get your free tries at ivf :(

In the UK you have to be under 39 years and 8 months to get IUI or IVF on the NHS and it does vary from authority to authority as to how many tries. My health authority is one with fresh eggs and one with frozen and only 3 IUIs if you decide to go that route instead.

Unfortunately in the UK I think you have to be 39 or under to get your free tries at ivf :(

How are you?:hugs:

Thanks for asking hon, I am OK, trying to be positive, glad to get the all clear on the day 21 tests (although I know that is just the start) - and focusing on getting all tests done asap so I can move on to whatever might be next. Need to have something to focus on this month so I don't dwell on missing out on it - did kick myself a bit last night as maybe I could have got BF to freeze some sperm this month and do an AI myself but he is off tomorrow so too late for that! Have day 3 bloods on friday and just glad that my doc seems to be up for all the testing :) - you OK? :hugs:

In the UK you have to be under 39 years and 8 months to get IUI or IVF on the NHS and it does vary from authority to authority as to how many tries. My health authority is one with fresh eggs and one with frozen and only 3 IUIs if you decide to go that route instead.

Wow, didn't realise the age limit was so precise Wooly! :wacko:

39 is the national upper limit but each health board has their own limits, in some parts of the country it is only 38, and plenty of people age out whilst on the waiting list.

It bugs me that someone can smoke/drink/eat/drug themselves to oblivion and get unlimited ongoing assistance from NHS whereas someone unlucky enough to have low fertility through no fault of their own gets nothing - not fair :growlmad:

At £5,000+ a throw for private IVF suppose that is why so many people use overseas clinics.

My chart is pizzing me off! It should have dropped. I have never had a LP this long and my doc said yesterday not to bother testing. I can't find any temp that might lead me to believe my O date is off. I even temped twice this morning, lol.

My chart is pizzing me off! It should have dropped. I have never had a LP this long and my doc said yesterday not to bother testing. I can't find any temp that might lead me to believe my O date is off. I even temped twice this morning, lol.

Your O date looks correct to me as well, so it must be the Tamoxifen, or that other possibility....! :winkwink:

We're having a heatwave in Scotland so my chart is bollocks, I still figure with the last EPO capsule this morning I've got 4 days to BD. Am quite unmotivated though, I''m glad OH is not here yet, this week has fairly taken it out of me. I'll do an OPK this afternoon just to check.:shrug:

Your O date looks correct to me as well, so it must be the Tamoxifen, or that other possibility....! :winkwink:

We're having a heatwave in Scotland so my chart is bollocks, I still figure with the last EPO capsule this morning I've got 4 days to BD. Am quite unmotivated though, I''m glad OH is not here yet, this week has fairly taken it out of me. I'll do an OPK this afternoon just to check.:shrug:

Hell if I know, lol. It's been a rough week for you, but nothing a little sexy time can't fix, lol.

You know what I'd settle for a cuddle - but then cuddles sadly do not make babies!

My mind is so far from sexy right now....I'd rather talk decor!

You know what I'd settle for a cuddle - but then cuddles sadly do not make babies!

My mind is so far from sexy right now....I'd rather talk decor!

Just think of it as naked cuddling! :happydance:

Dmom you're ovulation day looks right to me. Hope you get an answer soon :hugs:

NS you may feel more in the mood when OH is around :hugs:

I must admit I'm glad I started my slimming in the 2WW as it is occupying my mind much more than TTC at the moment :)

Good job Mac. I am starting today as well. just need to eat better and exercise more.:shrug: sounds easy right :dohh:

Well I've turned my obsession towards working out these last couple of weeks, and a bit of baking as well which probably counteracts the working out LOL.

Macwooly you are probably right once I see OH I will be bringing the sexy back ha ha, it's just that half of the time he's away so no point in feeling it then, as I'm not getting any!

Hi Jax! Is your ticker correct? Are you about to become a fertile Myrtle?

Sure is Dmom, I've just POAS too and got a BIG FAT + OPK!!!!!! And to cap it all it's our wedding anniversary today, blimey wouldn't that be cool if I conceive today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now, come on, just calm down....:coffee:

I hope so! Would you believe I conceived my last son on my 1st wedding anniversary?

DH and I went away to a quaint historic town and renewed our vows, wedding dress and all. We had had a few rough months with mcs and I wanted to put all that aside and focus on us. So I found a lovely chapel to renew our vows in, wore my wedding dress again, DH wore a suit, and a carriage picked us up at our hotel. It was SO romantic!

I remember after the ceremony the officiant asked us to ring the church bell. He said it was tradition, so we did. It only rang twice and it got stuck. We thought that was odd but he chuckled and said that they call the bell the fertility bell because infertile couples tend to become fertile after ringing it and it has been said to predict how many children you will have.

I thought that was funny but an odd comment, I had never mentioned anything about infertility to the officiant. Anyways, as we are taking pictures my DH must have put his hand near my stomach and the officiant said "Are you pregnant?" I kind of sank but said "No, don't I wish. We've actually had several miscarriages lately." He apologized but said to remember the bell and that it had yet to fail him. The whole thing was weird but sweet.

Anyways later that night DH and I were at the hotel, we had cut the top tier from our actual wedding cake. All was VERY romantic. He asked if it was "safe" to DTD since I didn't want to become pregnant at the moment, we were on a break from TTC. I knew I was around CD 21-23, felt sure I had ovulated already since I usually do around day 14 and figured no way I can get pregnant now. :dohh:

Fast forward 10 days later, we're home and I suddenly realize, hey, I missed my period, that's weird. So I take a HPT, just in case, though I know I'm being an idiot, and wouldn't you know? BFP! The darkest one I had ever had, EVER! I knew right then and there all would be okay and about 36 weeks later, it all was. Our baby Evan was born out of what was an attempt to not get pregnant! :haha:

So, you see, I think wedding anniversaries are special and extra lucky. Fingers crossed for you!:dust:

Oh wow Mon, that's a lovely story!! Has completely tipped me over the edge now!!!!!! :cry: Well last night wasn't as romantic as that but we did relax after a bottle of wine :winkwink: so you never know, I'm (selfishly) so hoping that this is a lucky cycle for me.

Thank you for sharing your anniversary story with me :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"