July TTC on clomid looking for buddies * 4 BFP already!!*

Foxycleopatra

Mum to 3 Girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am foxy and started my first cycle of clomid last night and was looking for someone to share this journey with me :)

This is my second round on the clomid ride. Last time I did 3 cycles
#1 @ 50mg = BFN
#2 @ 50mg = BFN
#3 @ 100mg = BFP! Which resulting in my now 13 month old daughter.

It's always easier when you can share this journey with some. For is we haven't told anyone we are TTC to eliminate some of the pressure.

Iook forward to chatting to you all.

*BFPs*
Foxycleopatra DD 12/03/2015
Frodi DD 14/03/2015
amygrrrango ?/04/2015
Feb2014 DD 11/7/2015

Dose 2 complete.

I forgot to mention that this time my wonderful FS has let me start on 100mg as I failed to ovulate on 50mg last time.

Hi Foxy! :hi:
I'm Frodi! Nice to meet you.
I am also on clomid ( serophene) is what they call it. Today is dose 4 and I'm only at the 50mg. This is my first cycle using clomid.

Hi Frodi!!

I finished my last dose of clomid 100mg last night which also happened to be my birthday!

How are you feeling? Any side effects? For me I get hot flashes (totally freaked me out the first time) and last night I started having vision issues, it's like I am in a night club with strobe lights as in its like everything has a tail if that make sense but I'm told its a fairly common side effect that will pass.

Fx if all goes to plan I should ovulate around the 17th. So now we will go at it like rabbits for the next 2 weeks+ and hope for the ever elusive BFP.

Hi ladies :hi: Mind if I join you?

I am not on clomid. I tried clomid with my third child and failed to ovulate on it and was put on femara instead. Second round of femara I conceived my 3rd child. I used left over femara (not expired) in March which resulted in my 4th BFP but sadly it ended in a miscarriage last week.

Anyway, DH and I are jumping back in with both feet and are going to give this cycle a shot even though the doctor recommends to wait a cycle. I figure with my long cycles I'd hate to waste a shot at an egg. I have ordered soy isoflavones and plan to give those a shot soon. Also, I have a follow up appointment next Friday and I think I will get the ball rolling on getting in touch with a FS (we moved provinces since my last baby so I no longer have my old doctors). Hoping with history they will just get me in and give me some more femara.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies :winkwink:

Hi! We are trying for #2 and this is our first month using Clomid. I took 50mg cycle day 3-7 and had very minor side effects. I had a head ache the first day and was emotional during the others... The night before my last pill, I started seeing tracers too... It was really scary and I don't really know what to think of it... Had I been sleeping (it was 2 am) I never would have even known...and I didn't have them the next day.

I conceived my DS in January of 2012 on my first does of 50mg Clomid ... Currently on Cycle day 11. So we start DTD tonight!!! DH is really excited too:) especially cause he knows for sure when he's getting lucky. Just trying to decide when we will start testing. I don't want to drive myself crazy testing too early!

Hi ladies :hi: Mind if I join you?

I am not on clomid. I tried clomid with my third child and failed to ovulate on it and was put on femara instead. Second round of femara I conceived my 3rd child. I used left over femara (not expired) in March which resulted in my 4th BFP but sadly it ended in a miscarriage last week.

Anyway, DH and I are jumping back in with both feet and are going to give this cycle a shot even though the doctor recommends to wait a cycle. I figure with my long cycles I'd hate to waste a shot at an egg. I have ordered soy isoflavones and plan to give those a shot soon. Also, I have a follow up appointment next Friday and I think I will get the ball rolling on getting in touch with a FS (we moved provinces since my last baby so I no longer have my old doctors). Hoping with history they will just get me in and give me some more femara.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies :winkwink:

So sorry about your loss. :flow: :flow:

I'm from Canada too:flower:

Welcome Tmb0047- I am so sorry for your loss. They say you are super fertile right after a MC to fx you will get your rainbow this cycle. I have not used soy isoflavones before. I have heard of them but what are they meant to do if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome Feb4th2011- Tracers, thank you I couldn't find a word to describe it. It was so strange but I guess that means the clomid must be doing something right?! I took my clomid each night at 6pm. I even set an alarm on my phone as I am hopeless with remembering to take pills.

AFM- I am currently on CD9. Hubby had to go away for work but should be home tomorrow so we can get down to business.

What BD schedule do you guys follow? every night? every second night? Are you guys using sperm friendly lube? We use conceive plus.

I just realised you are all from Canada! I am all the way down in Australia.

Hi everyone! I started clomid for the first time this cycle, CD5-9, I'm currently on CD14.

For the past two days, I have had bad ovulation pain and night sweats. Other than that, no real side effects. When taking the pills, I had a few minor headaches, but nothing awful.

DH and I have been TTC for a year. My cycles are very irregular, ranging 20-67 days. I only ovulated twice last year, but otherwise, everything with me is fine. Hormone levels normal, good LP, all tests negative, so fingers crossed this does the trick. If I do O but no BFP, we will them have DH checked.

So excited to join you all. GL!!

Hi every new!

Foxy - I just took my final 100mg dosage tonight. :) So far the only symptom that I have experienced is the hot flashes. I had 2 of them last night at work and 2 of them this morning when I got home. Lol. I'm also noticing headaches and I had some blurry vision, but i'm not sure if that was my knodding off or not. :rofl:
My o date is latest June 19th. :D :D Maybe we can be bump buddies! :D

Also from Canada! Which provinces are you from?? I'm on Ontario :D :D

Sorry to hear about your loss tmb :'( lots of :dust: to you for a :bfp: this month!

Welcome amygrrrango- I to have really erratic cycles, mine range from 21-120 days. I couldn't tell you how much I ovulate but the doctors believer early if at all. CD14 excitement, the cycle I conceived my daughter on clomid was CD14. Sending baby dust your way.

Frodi- how cool would it be if we could turn this from a TTC thread to a bump one!

Afm- my darling daughter decided to share her germs with me and I now have the flu. My nose won't stop running and I feel so stuffy in the face. Fingers crossed its a 24hr bug!

That would actually be pretty awesome.
I'm getting so anxious now. I can't wait to start using opks and watching my temp actually move.

How are things coming along with you? Any other symptoms

I don't do opk or temping as it's never worked for me. My plan is to bd everynight till BFP or AF.

Man I feel like I have swallowed a box of razor blades. I guess it is winter here so lots of cold and flu germs about :-(

Side effect/ symptoms for me so far have been: hot flashes, eye tracers, overly emotional and feeling a bit fatigued but that could be this cold coming on.

Those all sound similar to me. I'm finding I'm actually having a hard time keeping awake tonight at work.

I used opks once but they never worked as i was never ovulating. Temping I took everyday but my temps did go anywhere. I would stay the same for months.

Good morning ladies! (And afternoon to some)

Frodi - I live in Manitoba now but was born and raised in Northern Ontario (lived in Getaldton, Thunder Bay and Dryden).

Foxy - Do they not monitor your bloods to confirm ovulation? Sounds so daunting to commit to that BD schedule! Wish it were easier for you to know when you O.

I has planned to start temping again this morning but my 20 month old had a rough night which meant lack of sleep for me. I'll try again tomorrow.

Tmb- last time I was on clomid they did CD21 bloods to check my progesterone levels to confirm ovulation. This time my FS said not to worry as he has started me on the higher dose straight up. If after 3 cycles we fail to conceive we will go back and will be monitored on a higher dose again. Part of the issue is we live a 400km round trip from our FS (we live in a smallish country town) so monitoring is difficult.

Welcome amygrrrango- I to have really erratic cycles, mine range from 21-120 days. I couldn't tell you how much I ovulate but the doctors believer early if at all. CD14 excitement, the cycle I conceived my daughter on clomid was CD14. Sending baby dust your way.

Frodi- how cool would it be if we could turn this from a TTC thread to a bump one!

Afm- my darling daughter decided to share her germs with me and I now have the flu. My nose won't stop running and I feel so stuffy in the face. Fingers crossed its a 24hr bug!

Thank you so much! I hope I have as much luck as you. Starting to get nervous that I haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, but just trying to relax, it feels like O is coming!

Hope you feel better soon!

I don't do opk or temping as it's never worked for me. My plan is to bd everynight till BFP or AF.

Man I feel like I have swallowed a box of razor blades. I guess it is winter here so lots of cold and flu germs about :-(

Side effect/ symptoms for me so far have been: hot flashes, eye tracers, overly emotional and feeling a bit fatigued but that could be this cold coming on.

I have been feeling absolutely exhausted, to the point my bones ache. I wonder if it's really a side effect?

I'm going to be taking my first opk tonight! :) I'm nervous and I know it's probably going to be negative but I'm so excited to start this process.
It felt like I was having o cramps last night while I was sitting at work.
I'm not sure but is it normal to be nervous.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"