June 2013 first time bump buddies wanted

Exciting times, hope everyone is doing ok...

I'm 39+2 now, very very impatient, have had loads of false alarms over the past few weeks and then the last three days nothing at all... :( The calm before the storm? I sure hope so!!! ;)

An update.. Lost more of my plug.. Dilated two cms only.. Sent me home :( boooo! We might all have our babies at the same time lol

Update: contractions are stronger and more regular (every 20 mins) for the past two hours.. Dr told me not to go in unless every 10-15 mins or if water breaks or I see blood..
I don't know what to do? I'm panicking and eager to Go to the hospital but don't wana be sent home like yesterday! This is stressful...

Hang in there hun. You're so close. I don't know if this helped me of not but I called the doctor and they told me not to come in yet so I decided to take a warm bath. Within 5 mins of me being in the tub my water broke. Try it and see. Let us know how things progress.

Will def say a prayer Catch! You'll be great and you'll be holding that sweet baby before you know it!!

You too Ylanda :)

So here I am at 40 weeks and so sad when he told me there was nothing going on no dialation or anything I started balling its so discouraging!! And he scheduled me to be induced for next Wednesday so I will be at 41 weeks my heart is broken I want to meet her
On a good note I was so upset today I told my dad I am done working
Hey, you never know, they were planning my induction and I went in two days later!! Soon soon. It will be ok, hang in there!

Hey catch, glad you got pampered ��
I didn't have dry nipple before but they did crack and bleed a little once I started breastfeeding anyway :/ I used a nipple cream from the hospital and rubbed some milk on them each time I pumped or breastfed, they were healed within 3-4 days! If yours are dry already apply some nipple cream from any pharmacy now ;))

Ugggghhh I cracked and bled and LO had a mouthful of blood (it was running down her face- I was near hysteria). Ended up pumping that side exclusively for a couple days and only feeding her on the other side, it finally healed. A friend told me to get vitamin E capsules and pop them open and put the oil on the nipples. That helped IMMENSELY, so much more than lanolin. It's been good on my c section scar too.

I have a question for all of you- do you get home visits from public health nurses? Follow up after you leave the hospital? I've been really (pleasantly) surprised by how much support we've had. Aside from the excellent staff in hospital, we got a home visit on day 2 to help with breast feeding, weigh baby, check on my recovery etc. they left a phone number as well (which I've called twice, once with the bleeding and once when she was choking and gagging on the fast milk flow) and they were wonderful both times. We've gone for a (free) lactation consultant appt, and on Friday we got another call from public health checking in to see if we wanted another home visit, if we had any questions, etc.

How does it work in the states/uk? Other provinces?

Nothing like that here 27, just going in for regular check ups.

Welcomed my baby girl to the world on 6/15 at 7pm.. Weighed about 6lbs she was sooooo tiny I'm in love!!! I was in labor from 9am till 6:00pm and then had the longest pushing session in my life..I went for the painfree birth and had an epidural.. it was really nice cause i got the chance to enjoy my labor.. they had to cut her out of me by the end cause i was too tired to push and I wasn't doing well and her heart rate was dropping.. I gotta say it's so painful down there at the moment but worth it ofcourse...

I will share pix as soon as I can!

Congrats catch! Rest up and take care of yourself. Can't wait for pics!

Wow congratulations! I am super jelouse but so
Happy you have a healthy baby girl
To hold! Can't wait to see pix

Thank u ladies .. I'm so happy she's finally here !

Here's a pic! I'm using my phone to upload for the first time lol but I hope it works..

And ash, Ur baby will come before u know it!! I went in to check and they were about to dismiss me because I wasn't having enough contractions and the timing was far apart then all of a sudden they called my dr and he admitted me and when he came he said I was SOOO in labor lol! I was shocked and happy at the same time because I was still at 2cm and didn't actually feel much contractions .. Btw even if u don't go in naturally u will have her by Wednesday either way right? The induction is on Wednesday? Good luck Hun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3
Yes I did NOT expect that! Lool how r u all doing? Breast feeding is getting better now she's finally latching ! I was so happy cause before she couldn't and would get hungry so we had to give her some formula after a bit of latching practice.. But I'm happy she's breast feeding now.. She sleeps sometimes for hours and I have to wake her up.. I feel terrible lol cause if she's like me and loves sleeping..she'll hate my guts lol

Glad things are going better. I didn't have milk or colostrum until the night before I left the hospital so about 3 days. But it happened all of sudden. I woke up in the middle of the night and my boobs were hard and and round and full.

Congratulations catch!! Beautiful baby girl god bless!!
Ashley ur almost there !!

I think 3/4 days for the milk to start flowing! I heard with c sect it takes a little longer for the milk to flow, not sure

I'm just pumping now, my boy isn't latching on not even on the fake nipple I've been using, but pumping is drying out my milk and my boobs feel sore, trying to last as long as possible!

Loving him more and more every day though, feel so blessed , hope ur all doing well!!

It can take longer with a section...like 5-6 days. Luckily that didn't happen to me.

I'm pumping too cause im not making enough for him. I'll latch him sometimes but to be honest I don't really enjoy that experience like other women say they do. Plus because I've gotten so used to pumping and giving the bottle I don't know how much he gets when I bf. And the other day I felt so bad cause I fed him from both sides and that still wasn't enough for a feeding. Then I didn't know how much more he needed. I'm hoping I can keep giving him at least what I give now, but I feel like I'm drying up too.

Hey ladies! Catch she is beautiful!!
I went to my doctor today he said I have made a little progress 50% effaced and dialated more than a fingertip haha not much but I will take it :)
I go in in the morning to get Induced I am so nervouse and exhausted haven't been sleeping well but so excited the day is almost here!
It is still very surreal like I can't believe it were you ladies like that? I am a see it to believe it kind of person so maybe it's jut me but eeek..I cannot wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->