******june babies******

CJ what happens with the registry? Do you put things on it and people buy them all for you? :) that's amazing!

This heartburn is a killer, I had to sleep sitting up last night! I've forgotten what it's like to feel 'normal' now!

Yes Lili, registries are like a "wish list" for everything you can potentially want when you're having a baby! We also do them for weddings, so that people guide their gift purchases to items we actually want :) A lot of stores even have an additional incentive, in that whatever is remaining on your registry after the event date (i.e. birth of baby), you can get 10-15% off the regular price for items. I had a lot of fun researching and creating my gift registry!

You are lucky CJ but our parents are buying things for us too!

I really need to finalize our registries...they've been sitting there for a while and I've got some stuff on them that we don't need anymore...

Are you just doing big things (eg stroller, breastpump) or little things too (eg toys, toiletries) for your registries?

xx

nightkd, we're also placing some toys and smaller items on the registries, for people who don't want to spend too much on us :) One thing I love doing for my pregnant friends is making a basket of a bunch of the smaller items on the registry and wrapping it all in receiving blankets instead of wrapping paper!

Okay, I added a load of smaller things for that reason, but then people suggested that I should just do the bigger things (DH is making all the furniture anyway) and 'extras'..

xx

Hett glad you are ok after your bump, the car can be fixed. Hi Stuffymuffy

CJ I found the natural parenting forum a while ago when I decided to go down the cloth diaper route. I have also been reading the threads on baby wearing and a few other things which I think are quite fascinating - not sure I would be 100% natural though! I've been going into the review thread for products too.

I am so tired tonight, been speaking at an event this afternoon linked to 4 other venues throughout the northwest linked by multiway video conferencing technology which for the whole went ok! I need to check emails and go to bed have a heavy day tomorrow too, cant wait for weekend. I have one of Paul's formal black tie dinners on Saturday at Old Trafford so have to decide what to wear for that and whether to get my hair put up or not.

Lili your room is gorgeous I love all her pink clothes!!! Hoping ours will be painted by the weekend and that we can choose carpet.

E&L I know what you mean I am viable on Monday!

My rainforest bouncer came today it is gorgeous!!! Paul has already assembled that and the play gym, my spare room is turning into a baby storage room! Will all go into the nursery when it can!

Night all.

Marie xx

Welcome Stuffymuffy! :) Congrats on your surprise! Where in the US are you?

I have my glucose test tomorrow morning (7:30am) and DH isn't going to be coming in with me :cry: Less worried about it than I was earlier in the week, just concerned that it's going to make me sick - taking lots of things to distract me!!!

Having a couple of bits of fruit today shouldn't be a big deal, should it? I was just told to avoid having lots of sugar and/or starch...

xxx

Thank you :) Congrats to you too. I'm in NY.

nightkd, we've already bought all our furniture and stroller, all that's left are the other "big" things like bouncer, swing, playpen, bassinet, high-chair, breast pump and car seat. The rest of the items on the registry are small. Then we have our cloth diaper registry, which counts as a BIG item given they're almost $30 CAD each and we need another 24 minimum (I already bought 12).

Heading to bed early tonight, think I'm still sleep deprived from my bad sinusitus last week. Linn, I hope you feel better when you wake up!!!

Lili, OMG I love what you did with the nursery!!!! So cute! We'll be doing something like this for her "big girl's" room in our new house, we needed to be a bit more neutral as we're going to be placing ours on the market... But I can't wait to have a pink room for her too :)

Chat tomorrow!

Morning everybody!
Hope everyone got good nights sleeps and thank you all for your well wishes yesterday after my bump in the car!
Having a day spent upstairs today as we have builders in sorting out some damp - they have all of our external doors open so it is freeezing! I'm trying to think of lots of jobs to do upstairs!
Hope everyone is well xxx

Morning everybody!

Hett I got some damp in my house also, it is in the bathroom upstairs caused by the roof and damp in the attic... the word damp makes me cringe. We are actually having a whole new roof done this week... well we were going to. But of course they haven't turned up!!

You see CJ here that is totally normal. They were going to start on Monday morning and have it all finished by the end of today. And what shall I say yesterday afternoon they finally turned up delivered all the material into our front garden (thank you) and then put up scaffolding and then they just left again and today noone has even showed up. But I didn't expect anything else, when they said they would do it within 3 days I was already thinking it wouldn't happen. I can't wait for them to come now though as I want to store stuff in that attic and decorate the bathroom so badly!

Thanks CJ I am feeling better now. Hope after this cold I will get a rest for a while!

Oh that is typical that they didn't turn up. I got home yesterday to find ours just sitting in their van - not sure how long they had been there for, but probably for a few hours! Got some other people coming to do the floors today too so will keep fingers crossed they turn up! Hope yours get themselves into gear soon Linn!

I am sure my blood pressure has just gone up ALOT. I am fuming at Asda as I have ordered some sleepsuits and muslin squares with them twice now and both times they have sent through totally the wrong design!!! I spoke to them both times and they have issued me with a £5 evoucher, but I don't want to re order from them again to get the wrong item again!!! They said that in their t&c's they state that the designs and patterns may vary. Well these designs are TOTALLY different! Seems very bizarre!

you can use the evoucher for something other than clothes hun, I only ever order clothes at next, I know the sizes and you get what you order really fast. Or go to one of George stores and have a look there.

In some ways I want them to come and do that roof, but it's also going to be very loud and they apparently work from 8-4 which I doubt but we shall wait and see if they turn up next week.

LOL!! loving the rant about builders!! My dh runs a building firm and he get SOOOOO annoyed by them! They take more time on fag/tea/pee breaks than working!! And never expect much on a Friday afternoon!!

Hope everyone is ok. xx

MrsG thats it, they drink more tea and talk more (by the sounds of it) then they do any work. At least we are paying them for the job and not the hour. So today noone turned up at all. Which I am not unhappy about as it means DD can have her nap soon and won't get woken up! But the roof needs doing so hopefully next week. I never ever expected them to be done by the end of today like they said they would lol....

Linn sorry you are having such a crappy time with the builders. Hopefully they will get it done at lightening speed early next week!

Thanks hun, I am not really annoyed about it though, as that's what I expect with builders in this country. You have to take their word with a pinch of salt :)

I will just be glad when it's sorted and I can have my backroom for prams and buggies and shoes and coats and not use it as a store room as I can't store anything in the damp attic! My own bedroom is looking like a stock room of a baby shop right now lol... it will be lovely when it's all sorted but as long as they do it before baby arrives I will be happy!

I think builders are the same everywhere! I'm sure it'll be all sorted in time for baby. I am so bored today. there is so much i have to do but i just dont seem to have the energy to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->