******june babies******

hey Lili I am going to see my midwife again at 28 weeks, but I got more appointments than usual :) At least she will post your form, I got to wait until I'm 28 weeks now but it can wait really!

Hello Ladies!

Lili I just got back from my 25 week appt also and I am measuring 28 cm - eeeeek. The midwife just kinda looked at me and said it looks to be a big baby at the moment - I'm glad he is growing well, but don't want him to be TOO big!!!

Your measurements sound perfect! :)

Does anyone know if this may vary and growth may slow down later on? She also measured from right right far down below (almost into my nether regions tmi sorry) and I didn't expect that! Did they measure very far down for you Lili?

On another note, I ordered some sleep suits from Debenhams the other day and was shocked to see that when they arrived the newborn size only goes up to 8lb!!!!! That seems very small to me (especially as I'm expecting bubba to be at least 8lb!) So I took them back and swapped them for the 0 - 3 month ones!

xxx

Hett you have to be carefull with newborn, it's either up to 8 or up to 10 lb. At next newborn is up to 8 and then 0-1 is up to 10. 0-3 didn't fit my DD until she was 2 months old. She was only 7lbs at birth but 0-3 was really big on her!

Also measuring fundal height is a very inaccurate way of checking the size of a baby IMO. I know people who were measuring big were sent for a growth scan and then it turned out their babies were actually too small!! I really don't understand why they still measure fundal height. But I guess it's cheaper then regular scans for everyone.

Thanks Linn, you have re assured me! My tummy is all outfront! I just have these totally irrational fears swamping my mind that I will give birth to a 13lb - er!

To be honest since my sickness stopped at 12ish weeks I have been very hungry so i'm no surprised I have a big tummy!!! Although it is a very obvious baby tummy, your bump is gorgeous Linn - I can see it on your little piccy - Very neat and perfect!

Oh brilliant - thanks for letting me know about the baby sizes in Next as I was just about to order some bits from there so thats good, I will get the 0-1 size. I have a few NB asda sleepsuits which are up to 9lb and thats all really for NB - I may get a few more but have tons of 0-3 bits from hand me downs etc. I think I will get the real basics and then re asses when bubs is here so I know what size we are dealing with, then send OH to the shops asap!!!! hehe!

Off to the cinema tonight to see Valentines Day and possibly out for a pizza with some girly friends - i'm just wondering if I can get away with taking my maternity body pillow in with me to the film! Hehe!!!

i made a list yesterday of what i have got and was really surprised by the range of weight for size iykwim. ive got a pack of sleepsuits from asda 0-3mths up to 12lb i think, tesco newborn up to 11lb, and next 0-3 upto 14lb!! oh yeh and tesco 0-3mths ones upto 15lbs!!!!!!! i just started popping a pack in with my shopping a few weeks back and automatically went for 0-3 cos DD2 was in newborn for an hour. but i think i need to think about this as the size difference is crazy.

Lilli, i saw MW to book in at 7 weeks, then not till 16 weeks and she didnt want to see me till 28 weeks. but ive moved MW so she is seeing me at 25 weeks instead as a sort of new booking in appointment with her.

just waiting for hubby to get home for dinner. and thinking i need to find some trousers/jeans for DD1 as she only has leggings that fit her at the moment. builders bum!! lol

It would be cool to meet up if it can be arranged - CJ you'll have to tell us your plans when you know more about location etc :happydance:

I have had a weird day - out most of it with client meetings, back in the office being unproductive and hungry and just realised its almost 6pm! That's why... going home soon to make sesame beef stirfry with noodles for dinner.

I ordered this today - its has very good reviews and is so cute, you just put it in the bath and have both hands free to wash the baby

https://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/Baby..._source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomparison I have ordered the blue!

I think I have ordered too many newborn clothes... got loads will have to sell them if they are too small.

I have my 25 week mw appt on Mon 1 March

Mx

That looks good D.. I got this one https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-bath-support-pearl-whitesoft-lime/4552499/type-i/

Hey Hett.. she did go measure quite low! And it took ages to find babys heartbeat with the doppler, I shit myself because normally I can get it very quick at home.

Thanks Linn.. I am seeing consultant at 28 weeks so I think thats why she has asked me to come back at 31 weeks.. then she said the appointments go to every 2 weeks! :wacko:

Girls my iphone has dried out and working again! Yipeeee.. Except I've lost all my stuff off it like photos etc, will you text me your numbers so I can store them again please xxxx

Hi Lili yours was on my list too! I chose the one I did because it has a mesh fabric that will keep his little bum warm in the water!!!! I dont have your mobile number Lili I dont think you put it on that thread on facebook. Mx

no i dont think ive got yours either Lilli. and i didnt put mine up so i will toddle off and bash you all a ickle message from me!!

D, really looking forward to 26th hun. sorry was cooking dinner when you texted. i need to get my map book out and figure out exactly where. but there is no point you coming all the way over to Burnley. its gonna be a grown up weekend for me. over to M+D's on fri, meet D, takeaway from my all time fav chinese. hop on the train to my friends in newcastle on sat, go out with her maybe movie and a meal, stay at theirs and hubby is driving up to collect me and we are all gonna go out for sunday lunch on sunday. its my last weekend before hubby goes away for 2 months so im gonna enjoy the space and not being mummy for a couple of days.

I've just watched one born every minute from last night... oh my god!

And I ate a full easter egg while I watched it and now I might die with the heartburn!

we sat and watched it last night and when i had DD1 i was 22 so not much older than the lady called Sam. i asked hubby if i was that bad and he said no way! i was in a lot of pain but i didnt freak out as much as that. from waters breaking to DD1 being born by emergancy section was 21 hours and he said i did fabulously. awww sweet when he says things like that.

I am up a box!! :yipee:

Thinking about changing my ticker to between mine and Drs dates (as that was where baby was measuring at 18 week scan) just for my benefit :lol: What do ya think?

xx

I really think she was acting so OTT.. but I feel bad saying that because I might be the same!! I was very nervous for her when the heartbeat dropped so low.. I would be begging for a c/s by that point. :(

How much difference do the dates make nightkd? Would it put you further ahead? :)

I found your messages with the phone numbers in my inbox, so I have all your numbers again now :flower: Mine is still the same xx

Lili you will not be the same, honestly I think the labour is as bad but she was different, I was not acting like that. Just don't use the gas and air the way she did and you'll be fine!

It'd put me a couple of days ahead... Dr's dates put my EDD at 17th of June, mine put me at 21st of June and Bean was measuring in the middle, so I'd gain a couple of days on the ticker :lol: (can you tell I'm starting to get impatient? :haha:)

xx

she wasnt breathing in the gas and air, she was hypervetilating, thats why she felt "off her face" you really have to breath it in properly and deep. but also she was getting herself sooo worked up she was tensing her body up which will make it hurt more. it goes against everything you want to do but the more you relax and untense your body the better your body will work. but thats jsut IMO lol. sorry i sound like a right bossy cow dont i?? lol anyway im signing off for the night. laters dudettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ladies I just noticed early june moms are going to soon be moving to 3rd tri... 2 weeks for me and Im scared.... I have got some friends bringing used baby things for me along with some homemade salsa yumm:happydance:

Thanks Lili, will get your no off fb later, out for the rest of the day now, will check in later.

Mxx

Morning everybody!

I woke up in a really good mood today... for a change! I been to the doctors and got a sinus infection, he prescribed some antibiotics and said to decide myself if I need them... so I'm still waiting. I'm actually not in so much pain anymore today and glad it's not a chest infection for a change. I even feel like I got enough energy today for some cleaning and tidying :)

How are you all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->