******june babies******

Hey Linn.. aww you are sick again! :hugs:

I'm ok! Bit tired! I put some pics of nursery so far onto Facebook! :) xxx

I have had a bit of a bump in my car today which has shaken me up lots! Bubs and I are fine though as it wasn't full impact but it has shaken me up a treat. Car doesn't look too great, and I think it was probably my fault - although OH says it was 50/50. (So sweet he is making me feel better!) Have had to have a large hot chocolate with lots of cream to calm my nerves!

We are struggling with baby names at the moment. We had one sorted for a girl so it would have been very easy - but in a way its nice not to be settled on a name, keep us thinking! I love Archie and Alfie but OH says they are too popular at the moment, but we both like Harry. Also he likes Beau (which i'm worried is too modern) and we like Dylan too.

I watched one born every minute and felt the same as you ladies. Although I have never been through labour before I would be absolutly shocked if I watched myself behaving like that! I was saying to my OH if i'm like give me a good old talking too!!! We will see though, as I say I have never done it before so i'm not one to comment yet really!

Hope all are well - miserable day here! xxxxx

hett - I'm sure most of us won't act like the girl on one born every minute, but I'd still not like to see a video of myself in labour, the gas and air made me very drunk :rofl:

hope you are ok after the accident, did you ring the labour ward?

I didn't ring the labour ward as he has been kicking lots and i only got shunted a little bit, didn't hit my tum or anything but maybe I should just incase?

The gas and air looks great! I will be taking anything they give me i'm sure and like you say would hate to watch back how I behave! Oh did you have a long labour with your little girl? It sounds really odd but I just can't wait to go into labout - i'm obvioulsy NOT looking forward to the pain, but I feel just very up for it! I found it funny when the other lady told her husband off for walking as she was getting a headache and thought that would exactly the kind of thing I would say to my OH! Poor lady, she must have been very fed up waiting for so long.

When do you need to pack a hospital bag etc? I was thinking of getting bits together at about 30ish weeks? Not that I have a clue what to put in! toothbrush, nightie!?!

Has anyone else got snow today? Weve had loads more than last time. Glad i left early from work otherwise i wouldn't be getting home.

hett I had a long labour, 38 hrs but I was induced, surely yours will be different. I had any drugs they had on offer and the spinal was the best.

I would ring the labour ward if it was me, there should be a number on your notes, just tell them you were involved in a minor car accident and see what they say, they might ask you to come in for a quick check of baby. Saying this, I do not think anything is wrong with your baby but think it's best to get checked or at least speak to them for reassurance :)

I had loads in my hospital bag! I would pack pyjamas, nighties, big knickers, pads (loads), toiletries, clothes, nappies and wipes for baby, some food and drink as well, you will be fed in the hospital but your OH won't. I also had my phone, charger, digital camera with extra batteries or charger, my feeding/body pillow, can't remember what else but I was not so organised with my hospital bag, I just packed it all at the last minute. I bought cheap nighties, track suit bottoms and knickers in asda which was really good as they all got ruined with all the bleeding after the birth so I just threw it all away as it was very cheap anyway. But yeah don't be surprised if your bag is more like a suitcase, it's normal!

Linn, I hope you feel better soon! The antibiotics saved me, I went without sleep 5 nights in a row :-(

Lili, darn it! Won't be able to see the nursery pics until I get home since work blocks FB! Looking forward to seeing your progress!!

Hett - yikes! I would be shaken up too... Hope you feel better soon!

OK, off to my second meeting (out of 4) today, will check in later!

Linn - Thank you so much for all of the ideas - I think it is a really good idea to just get cheap trakkie bums and nighties from Asda or Primark so you don't need to be worrying about ruining things - although all of my nighties and pjs are pretty hideous so I wouldn't mind too much! haha! 38 hr labour - you poor thing, sounds very long and tiring. Here's hoping to a fantastically quick and easy birth with your second LO!

I have called the labour ward and they were lovely! Took my details and said if If I was happy then don't worry about coming in, but if baby stops moving or I start bleeding or I just need some re assurance then to pop in for them to listen in. I won't go in unless I get concerned! Thank you for your advice!

MrsDramaQueen - are you in UK? No snow with me...just lots of showers! I love the snow if I can stay indoors or enjoy it, if I have places to go and things to do then it becomes a pain!

CJ i'm so glad your getting more sleep now - I honestly wouldn't be able to function without more sleep at the moment. Especially as you sound very busy with your work etc! I am sure I will get use to lack of sleep in a few months though :thumbup:

I'm off to the Babyshow on Saturday - anyone else going?

We already have the big bits for bubs sorted, but hoping to pick up a few freebies!

Awww glad you are both okay Hett and I hope your car is able to be fixed. I have started to collect some stuff for my hospital bag but the whole idea is so daunting! I think because I love being organised and I am scared of not remembering everything! I am looking forward to going into labour too, I want to go until my due date though, or just a few days early, at the min I am terrified of pre-term labour. I wouldn't like to see a video of myself either, and I wouldnt want the whole of Britain watching me! I dont know how those girls agreed to being filmed for that programme lol!

xxx

No probs, glad you rang, at least they took your details and took seriously for it!
Ah well then you might as well treat yourself to some new pjs and nighties after you had LO. I must say I am glad I had those cheap nighties, everything was really ruined after the birth.

Thanks for your wishes I had a long labour but it was not the norm, I am sure the next one will be easier :) I'm not going to the baby show, but I already got everything I could want for a baby anyway. I did get a new moses basket, nappies and some clothes. I still got everything from my DD and am just getting a few nice bits which I can't resist. Psssst I live very close to kiddicare they got such a huge showroom it is almost like going to one of those baby shows. So if I need anything I will go there :) Let us know how it went!

Hey everyone! I didn't see this thread or I would've posted earlier! My little surprise is due June 6th, I'm on team yellow :) Hope everyone and their bumps are doing well :)

hey stuffymuffy :) I am also due June 6th! But not patient enough to stay on team yello.

Aw! I haven't seen anyone with my due date yet so I'm excited now lol I've almost given in a few times, but I really want the surprise :) Looks like you've got a little princess on the way, congrats!

Hett glad you and bubs are ok, sorry about the car tho.

Lilli, love the wallpaper hun!

Linn, glad youve got some drugs to sort your sinus out.

well this time next week Butterbean will be Viable. gosh its going fast. ive been to see my friend who is moving to germany next week, cried like an idiot all the way home, really gonna miss just popping up to hers for a cuppa and chat. come home with a boot full of bits for the baby tho, bless her.

yes I got another little girl on the way, which is fab as I can use all DDs clothes again :)

Welcome Stuffymuffy! :) Congrats on your surprise! Where in the US are you?

I have my glucose test tomorrow morning (7:30am) and DH isn't going to be coming in with me :cry: Less worried about it than I was earlier in the week, just concerned that it's going to make me sick - taking lots of things to distract me!!!

Having a couple of bits of fruit today shouldn't be a big deal, should it? I was just told to avoid having lots of sugar and/or starch...

xxx

nightkd, I have the same worries about the sweet stuff they make you drink! My GTT is still a few weeks away though. Good luck!

Welcome stuffymuffy :)

I agree Lili, I would never agree to being filmed in labour for the whole of a country to watch! Crazy people...

I just discovered the Natural Parenting forum in the Parenting section, those ladies are full of wonderful advice for those of us choosing to use cloth diapers! I now have my entire registry geared up and ready :) I had to make a separate registry for the diapers and accessories, and the registry for the gear (bouncer, swing, breast pump, etc...). It's finally sinking in that I have less than 12 weeks to go before I'm off work!!!!

Change my team looks like I was wrong all along!! I am on team blue!! Went in for my ultrasound at the dr today and using their machine she found his little weiwer, Its deffiantely a BOY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->