******june babies******

With regards to MA not everyone can claim that or jobseekers! I got MA cause I was working for so many weeks before DD was born and my employer didn't have to pay Mat Leave money as I was made redundant when I was 23 weeks pregnant and only worked with that other company for 13 weeks on a short term contract until I went on mat leave. If you worked before you had your LO then you should have gotten Mat Pay, Mat Allowance is for anyone self employed or people whose employer does not have to pay them! And job seekers you can only get if you are actively seeking a job, so unless you are doing that after the birth you are not entitled! But unfortunetely noone likes to tell you these things! I would make an appointment at the job centre. It's what I did when pregnant with DD, they told me I could get sure start grant after she was born but I only got tax credits £50 a month as I had worked full time the previous year and that was not enough as it needed to be more than £1000 that you would get in a year if your child was still under 1. I know quite a lot about it as they messed me up so much after DDs birth, you can always PM me, I can work out for you if you are entitled from your current child tax credits if you are getting any!

Yeah Linn I will get maternity allowance £123 a week or whatever the maximum is :wacko: They pay that for 39 weeks but not sure how long I will stay off for because it is a big drop in pay. OH is self employed too so he will take time off when she is here but not too long because he is the main earner. That is awful about the mistake they made!! They shoulda gave you all the money in a lump sum plus compensation for taking so long to sort it out.. 10 months is a long time!!

Attachments

• 27+5.jpg
    27+5.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
well I did get all the money in a lump sum but that was it! We just managed without it, but it was nice to get the money.

At least you can work from home with your LO you can see how much you can get done when she is there without having to find someone to look after her straight away. £123 is not that much but not too bad either. If your OH is working too I am sure you will manage! We had to cope without anything and then I got nearly 5k in one go... that wasn't bad either :)

Awww lovely bump hun :)

I don't get any grants Linn. OH earns over 50k, so can't be greedy!!!

Lili..................I love your bump, it is so neat and perfect xxxxx

Emma, they don't measure it on the income, it depends on the tax credits you get... but I know those depend on income. I am not greedy either and my OH earns much less. I am gratefull I am getting my HIP grant I will use it to sort our back garden out! That's it, I am not desperate for it but every little helps. Was just saying it's not like the lady made out on that thread that anyone could get it. It's not true. I was told I could get it with DD but I couldn't anyway and now I know what criteria you have to fullfill to get it!

I don't qualify for tax credits is what i ment hun xxx
I feel like someone has kicked me between my legs today! Got Dr's apt for Thursday to discuss the pain i get at nights............all very odd, and now my groin hurts. They joys of brewing a baby xxx

Emma my groin hurts like that every day, it's the SPD but my midwife just said it was normal thats it and bye! Mine has been getting worse but looks like I won't be prescribed a belt, crutches or physio! It sucks but I don't want to waste my energy getting stressed about that!!

I need to speak to GP as well I keep getting really weird stomach and back aches and it comes at the same time :(

Yeah, hopefully the dr will refer me to physio...........will have to wait and see xxx

I must say I am not too keen on physio as I would have to take DD but I don't think it's great MW just disregards it and tells me its normal and that's that!

Just had my dinner and now off for some food shopping in a min, I am stressed today... OH got home late so I was waiting with dinner and DD is so naughty, I need to relax!!

Let me know what he says Emma because yours are very similar to what I was having! Sounds like we are all suffering with aches and pains these days... And they are only going to get worse lol.. :nope:

Linn yeh its all about timing...i got pregnant the week after i finished work with DD1 and a couple of months before i got pregnant with DD2. i was looking for work when i was pregnant with DD1, the only reason i left was cos we moved. all i got was my NI contributions paid. didnt even get that with DD2. im not greedy either but im fed up of being finacially worse off for staying with my hubby, who isnt here half the year anyway.

sorry im upset, just had bad news. wish i was nearer to any of you so i could have a cry and a cuppa and a hug.

Oh not more bad news :(

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E&Ls mummy, you're right! we don't get any benefits, but I do get some tax credits and my friend who doesn't work will soon have 3 kids and never has worked she has more money than us!! If you worked for 26 weeks out of the last 66 before the birth of your DD then you would have been entitled to mat allowance.. they usually check if and why your latest employer doesn't have to pay you, and once they checked it they award your claim. Shame noone tells you that though, cause that way you don't end up getting what you're entitled to, I only know cause I made an appointment with the job centre and asked them everything when I was made redundant back then.

Do you not get any tax credits at all? You need much to get the grant!

I am sorry you had bad news.. :flower: :hugs:

yeh i get tax credits for the girls. but even that goes haywire when hubby is in hot and sandy places. its a blinking nightmare as his wages can be all over the place depending on where he is.

its soo confusing the whole system. and i get so cross cos i feel like i cant contribute to the finances.

but if you get the tax credits, check your last award letter if you got more than 545£ for the last year you qualify! That's something low like £11 a week to make it to that amount. Maybe you are lucky!

Will let you know what the dr says on Thurs Lili xx

E&L.............so sorry to hear you are tearful! Wish i could come and give you a big hug xxx

Great bump Lili :)

E&L :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope you are ok sweetie????

My groin is hurting me but it is mainly self inflicted after yesterday's walk. I'm just on for a flying visit because I have to leave the hosue at 7am tomorrow and I am exhausted so will get up at 5am feeling better I hope...

Nite all.

Mxx

Hello! Please can I be added to the June Babies list? Our due date is June 23rd and we're on team yellow :yellow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->