***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Welcome to Sweet_Mama. Not long to go now! How are you feeling?

Sorry to hear that your SPD is so bad LollyLou. I'm struggling enough with just the standard aches and pains so can't imagine how tough that must be.

Lx

Morning all.

Welcome Sweet Mama!

I had my first Baby Shower on Saturday. It was really nice and thrown by my SIL and my bestest friends. It was weird knowing that all the gifts were for my baby. Still find it surreal.

Quick question - is anyone else experiencing swelling? My hands are constantly swollen (and now with carpal tunnel) and after about 30 minutes of walking my feet/ankles swell. Just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this lovely pleasure.

Thanks. I'm mostly okay. Had an OB appmt today and all was well with little miss kicking the h/b detector, lol. I measure right along and have gained 27 pounds so far at nearly 32 weeks, so that's okay.

I recently majorly failed my glucose tolerance test and have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so that sucks. I will see the dietitian/diabetes educator today and pick up my blood sugar monitor thing. It's not the diet change that bothers me so much as the need to eat every 2-3 hours that I can't get used to.

I'm not having a baby shower... I just moved here and don't know very many people and certainly am not going to throw one for myself. I'll just suck it up and buy whatever I need (which is everything, lol, since I am starting from scratch--thought I was done).

Morning all.

Welcome Sweet Mama!

I had my first Baby Shower on Saturday. It was really nice and thrown by my SIL and my bestest friends. It was weird knowing that all the gifts were for my baby. Still find it surreal.

Quick question - is anyone else experiencing swelling? My hands are constantly swollen (and now with carpal tunnel) and after about 30 minutes of walking my feet/ankles swell. Just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this lovely pleasure.

Your first baby shower - how exciting! What sort of things did you get? They aren't generally done here in UK but they are starting to become more popular.

Haven't had any swelling yet myself, but I remember ballooning right at the end with DD and it wasn't much fun :hugs:

Lx

Thanks. I'm mostly okay. Had an OB appmt today and all was well with little miss kicking the h/b detector, lol. I measure right along and have gained 27 pounds so far at nearly 32 weeks, so that's okay.

I recently majorly failed my glucose tolerance test and have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so that sucks. I will see the dietitian/diabetes educator today and pick up my blood sugar monitor thing. It's not the diet change that bothers me so much as the need to eat every 2-3 hours that I can't get used to.

I'm not having a baby shower... I just moved here and don't know very many people and certainly am not going to throw one for myself. I'll just suck it up and buy whatever I need (which is everything, lol, since I am starting from scratch--thought I was done).

Sorry to hear about the GD. It must be difficult to keep eating so regularly when you're busy with the older children. Sounds asthough things are going well otherwise though so that's good.

Where did you move from and too? Hope the family is settling in ok.

Lx

Sorry to hear about the GD. It must be difficult to keep eating so regularly when you're busy with the older children. Sounds asthough things are going well otherwise though so that's good.

Where did you move from and too? Hope the family is settling in ok.

Lx

I moved to the California desert from San Diego (about 2 1/2 hours inland from SD). It's about 40 minutes south of Palm Springs. I moved here for a teaching job, which I love (my first year teaching). Settling in is another issue, lol... I was given a pink-slip, which means I am basically being laid off with a slight chance they'll offer me my job back, but not until August (new school year). Now I am job hunting at 7 months pg, lol, while still working full time.... and the dietitian person told me to reduce my stress, hahahaha.

Oh, at today's appmt doc confirmed that baby is in the correct position, but I sort of already thought so with her kicking me all up top near my ribs all day long.

I'm not having a shower either but mine is due to this being my 5th child. I had showers with my other 4 children. We also are starting from scratch as we got rid of everything last summer then we decided to try for one more :haha: But we have bought everything we need already and it's all set up and ready to go...but still working on washing baby's laundry up and putting it in her dresser. We have a few small things to get like baby bath, soaps, more pacifiers etc. I'm sorry to hear that you failed your GD testing.

I had my Shower saturday! It was so much fun. Now Ive nothing to look forward except for my little lady! 11 weeks ...I hate the hurry up and wait game LOL

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000293811650&aid=52498 shower pictures

Theme was Mad Hatter tea party LOL

I'm not having a shower either but mine is due to this being my 5th child. I had showers with my other 4 children. We also are starting from scratch as we got rid of everything last summer then we decided to try for one more :haha: But we have bought everything we need already and it's all set up and ready to go...but still working on washing baby's laundry up and putting it in her dresser. We have a few small things to get like baby bath, soaps, more pacifiers etc. I'm sorry to hear that you failed your GD testing.
My youngest is about to be 7, so my stuff is long gone and given away, lol. I don't mind buying things, I just wish I had a shower for the fun of it. Also, I had two different people tell me they were going to throw one for me, made me register, then just never said another word, so it's been a little disappointing. Not the end of the world though.
I had my Shower saturday! It was so much fun. Now Ive nothing to look forward except for my little lady! 11 weeks ...I hate the hurry up and wait game LOL

Now THAT looks like FUN!

Hello there.. I had my shower on Saturday also. It was so nice.. and like you.. all I have now is time to wait for the baby... which seems FOREVER.

at the hospital had cramps and light bleeding. Now I'm hooked up to monitors and having contractions. They are not to painful, waiting on my Dr to see if I'm dialated at all. Of course little girl would want to act up the night half the town has no power and severe weather watch. Cross your fingers she stays in a little longer!

hi everyone, not been about much lately, been really busy and just not been posting much really!
how are u all doing? how r bumps growing?
my spd is awful crutches and support are not making any change with pain but do mean i can go out maybe 1 day a week as once i go out im dead on my feet!
bump getting some very strong kicks going now, no name as of yet still for him either
Lou
xxx

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SPD? Whatever it is sounds awful! I'm sorry you're in such pain!! :(

Hope everything is OK JNA & LO stays put for a while longer yet. :hugs:

1st April i ended up in hospital with a show and contractions... they wanted to do that trace heart thingy and trace the contractions but Flynn was laying too far down and i couldnt feel his movement of kicks, anyway they quickly scanned me and saw where he was laying he is head down.... very low down... and he was wriggling but i couldnt feel it... anyway they had to take some bloods and check my cervix they noticed a rough patch on my cervix that was causing the bleeding as well as a show... and they said that my cervix was closed or well as far as i know as they didnt day anything about it... they gave me one lot of steriod tablets to take just incase he was gonna come and then they had to move me upstairs from the delivery suite to a ward which i though yay i'm staying in what fun that will be... anyway my blood pressure was fine and i was getting contractions on and off though out the day but i just kept walking around to ignore them i also had to have the doppler thingy to check the blood flow in the cord and the midwife told me it was high that day...

2nd April and i was monitored all day with his heart and my contractions along with blood pressure and temp... was still getting contractions but the spotting stopped and i got told i would see a doctor later on that day to decied if im going home.... by 3pm ish i was moved up to level 6 (there is 7 levels in the hospital) and i got moved to a room on my own, i then had another check of my contractions and his heart and he wouldnt sit still and i started to feel him move finaly.... anyway hes been wriggling sense lol but i didnt get discharged till going on for 7pm that night.... and i was glad to be back home as i was so tired... but then i am still tired now from hardly sleeping still, i have my GTT on the 8th and then i have my clinic check on the 12th which i will be asking them more questions on when i will be induced and what time and dates so then i can get things sorted for where the kids will be and weather they will be going to school and what not...

anyway sorry for the long long post but i havent been here for a bit and i thought some of you dont have me on facebook and prob dont see my status, i wasnt able to connect to BnB on my phone i still need to sort that out before i have Flynn but he is alright now and the spotting/show has gone and the contractions have gone back to normal braxton hicks.... but he did scare me alot

at the hospital had cramps and light bleeding. Now I'm hooked up to monitors and having contractions. They are not to painful, waiting on my Dr to see if I'm dialated at all. Of course little girl would want to act up the night half the town has no power and severe weather watch. Cross your fingers she stays in a little longer!

Crikey! How are you getting on now? Hope all is ok.

Lx

We are ok. Contractions have stopped and a scan showed that lo is doing well. Probably gonna be put on bed rest but thats better than preterm labor. Hopefully I can get some sleep now. Been up since 2 am and its 10 now. Thanks for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->