June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hey girls! I took a digi on Monday eve and got 2-3 weeks posi from clearblue! Considering my daughter is only 9 months it was a shock, but a nce surprise! It took us 4 years to get her so we figured it would take ages again, boy were we wrong! My last AF was July 22nd though and am very irregular so no idea on my DD but it may be early June, just wondering if I could join u? My name is Lisa and my daughter is holly.

Welcome Lisa and congratulations!! I wonder if you might be a bit earlier than that? I got 1-2 weeks on a digi today and I know from my ovulation date that my due date is the end of May (but these kind ladies let me join Junebugs anyway!!). I reckon you could be due the end of May too! Hey I guess you will find out more at your scan x

Have you been testing to see if they are getting darker?! I can't seem to help myself! X

No, I just did one, it was a obvious :bfp: im not going to put myself through repeat testing.

x

okay I lied! I walked past the chemist, bought a digital! Pregnant 1-2 popped up! - but my mind at rest a little.

Love it!! It is so tempting isn't it! Glad to hear you got 1-2 weeks! Great news. When are you having your bloods done?

Hey girls! I took a digi on Monday eve and got 2-3 weeks posi from clearblue! Considering my daughter is only 9 months it was a shock, but a nce surprise! It took us 4 years to get her so we figured it would take ages again, boy were we wrong! My last AF was July 22nd though and am very irregular so no idea on my DD but it may be early June, just wondering if I could join u? My name is Lisa and my daughter is holly.

Welcome Lisa and congratulations!! I wonder if you might be a bit earlier than that? I got 1-2 weeks on a digi today and I know from my ovulation date that my due date is the end of May (but these kind ladies let me join Junebugs anyway!!). I reckon you could be due the end of May too! Hey I guess you will find out more at your scan x

Have you been testing to see if they are getting darker?! I can't seem to help myself! X

No, I just did one, it was a obvious :bfp: im not going to put myself through repeat testing.

x

okay I lied! I walked past the chemist, bought a digital! Pregnant 1-2 popped up! - but my mind at rest a little.

Love it!! It is so tempting isn't it! Glad to hear you got 1-2 weeks! Great news. When are you having your bloods done?

Had 1st bloods today, back again on Friday and next week too, they said when my levels get to 1500 they will send me for a scan. x

x

Had 1st bloods today, back again on Friday and next week too, they said when my levels get to 1500 they will send me for a scan. x

Wow - that is good. Is this with the GP or the EPAU? And is it because of your previous loss? When I had mine they said that I would get an early scan but they didn't offer the blood monitoring. I think I might just see how I go and if I spot again (like I did last time) then I will go to the drs.

Yeah its through my GP, they rang the EPAU and thats what they suggested.

x

See! I swear it's worse than heroin!!!

All late may ladies more than welcome! Nice to meet you all! :happydance:
Struth, I'm also terrified, but I have a much better feeling this time FX.
especially as last month I didn't get BFP until AF was due, this month got it at 9DPO! x

Oh, and my docs are basically refusing to do bloods.....they'll do one to confirm I'm pregnant. Which tells me bugger all! X

It sucks how it varies so much doesn't it? I don't think they would do bloods for me either so I'm just going to keep testing and hope the lines get darker! I've also ordered some digis and will test at the weekend/maybe Monday to check that I get 2-3 weeks and then later again to get 3+.

I am going to book in for an early scan though. The EPAU promised me one (it was my second mc) and so, should I get that far, I'm going to take them up on that offer!

I am scared but at the same time quite relaxed. The mmc last month was awful and wouldn't wish it on anyone - but, we came through it. We were chatting last night and were saying that if it were to happen again we would just have to survive it again - and we would.

Let's hope that it doesn't happen though - and that this bean is super sticky!

How are we all this morning?

my EPAU offered me that same...annoyingly, Ive lost their direct number they gave me! grrrr! Im good this morning. Had a bawl last night, and i mean BAWL, like a 5 year old, then DH asked what was wrong, and i wailed "i dont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww" lolol, Only looking mildly nutty there eh? haha! oh, and he decided to eat a banana in the car that made me want to puke this morning. i made him throw it out of the window! x

Ah ha - I have my uses. Try here: https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/whoarewe.asp

Also - I know the symptoms aren't pleasant but they are a good sign! I have been an emotional mare - well mainly last week. I was last pregnancy too so that got me thinking. There has been lots of 'stuff' happening these last weeks (family stuff, stressful stuff) but I got to the point that I couldn't cope with anything else. That is NOT like me - so I started getting suspicious.

oh thats great thanks!!! do you know at what date they will do an early scan? Just rang my doctors "could you please call back tomorrow, our computers have crashed..." WTH?!?! useless! x

D'oh :dohh:!!!

I think that they said 8 weeks to me, although they can do them from earlier than that. The heartbeat develops in about week 5 so they can do them at 6 weeks +. I guess they like to leave it until 8 weeks to be on the safe side. I read something that if you have a viable heartbeat at 8 weeks the chance of a successful pregnancy are 98%, at 6 weeks it is 78% so I guess they like to wait as long as possible.

Im considering going for a private scan at babybond. they seem good. will do them from 7 weeks. Do you have to be referred to the AEPU by docs or can you get a scan just by calling them? just went mental at the docs and now they have agreed to do blood tests 48hrs apart for me. took 6 phone calls however!!! x

I found this online:

ability to identify an early gestational sac will depend on many factors, including the capabilities of the ultrasound equipment, your approach (vaginal or abdominal), your experience, the orientation of the uterus (generally it is easier to see if the uterus is anteflexed or retroflexed), and the presence of such complicating factors as fibroid tumors of the uterus. While a gestational sac is sometimes seen as early as during the 4th week of gestation, it may not be seen until the end of the 5th week, when the serum HCG levels have risen to 1000-1500 mIU.

found this too

the ultrasound scan is good only for gestation of at least 5 weeks old, when you'll have at least 1,500 mIU/mL hCG in your blood. Any gestation period earlier than 5 weeks will render an ultrasound scan quite useless.

So it looks like if all is okay I should get a 5/6 week scan?

great info thanks, ive just booked a private scan for saturday 15th october. at least i feel proactive this way. and it will put my mind at ease, Plus being on a sat is handy as work dont pay me for time off for appointments and i have to commute 1.5 hours to my local hospital clinic! x

great info thanks, ive just booked a private scan for saturday 15th october. at least i feel proactive this way. and it will put my mind at ease, Plus being on a sat is handy as work dont pay me for time off for appointments and i have to commute 1.5 hours to my local hospital clinic! x

I agree its a nightmare, our hospital is an hour from my work too!

Im considering going for a private scan at babybond. they seem good. will do them from 7 weeks. Do you have to be referred to the AEPU by docs or can you get a scan just by calling them? just went mental at the docs and now they have agreed to do blood tests 48hrs apart for me. took 6 phone calls however!!! x

I think each one is different. At mine, I had to be referred by the drs (which can be the difficult part!) some will accept patients directly. I rang them to find out as I wasn't sure. In the end I got referred by the out of hours dr at the hospital as I was bleeding on an evening.

found this too

the ultrasound scan is good only for gestation of at least 5 weeks old, when you'll have at least 1,500 mIU/mL hCG in your blood. Any gestation period earlier than 5 weeks will render an ultrasound scan quite useless.

So it looks like if all is okay I should get a 5/6 week scan?

In theory but I would wait longer if possible. During my last pregnancy they wouldn't scan me that early on (I was spotting) as there is a chance of seeing nothing which can be even more distressing than waiting. I would wait until about 7 weeks to be on the safe side.

How far does this make you then? About 7 weeks? I think that is about right. I would be worried that anything earlier wouldn't show much. I guess I'm just thinking back to my experience - I saw a sac, yolk sac, and foetal pole but with a very slow hb. I was supposed to be 7w5d - at this stage we knew that the heartbeat should have been stronger and so we knew something was wrong. The following week the hb had stopped. If I had gone earlier I wouldn't have known whether the hb was weak or whether it was just developing. I just think that things can be a bit ambiguous if you go too early.

i will be 7+2. another question for you both, i miscarried naturally, but only bled for 3 days, and passed one very small clot. did you guys experience long bleeds? x

I was similar - but I had medical management. I went in on Friday and then bled for 4 days. I had spotting after that for a few days but only pinky CM. Why do you ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->