• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June jewels 2018!!!!

I had a NST and everything is looking good. I’m contracting, just inconsistently and not super intense right now so I think in a bit they will push to start a low dose of Pitocin. I’m weighing things. That was what lead to my epidural that I didn’t want last time but it sounds like they’d be much more conservative this time. Plus I can still get in the shower, etc with remote monitoring when they do that so that would be different. And the thought of hopefully having this baby earlier in the day today, instead of at 5am like DD is suuuuper tempting.

I’m going to do my best to respond to everyone!

Allie thank you for the suggestions - we have a swing he likes to sleep in so that will sometimes work. I really want him to start sleeping in the bassinet as then DH and I can both sleep in the bedroom. Right now one of us is always on the couch with the baby in the swing, but for now if it means sleep we’ll take it.

PG - yes a bit better today, Elias slept last night. Go figure he was exhausted from yesterday haha. Hope your sweep works for you!!

Curious congrats!!! Hopefully the contractions get a bit more regular so you don’t need Pitocin - but worse case you get it and you’ll still have your LO in your arms soon!

Eppgirl hope your delivery went well!

Squig actually he does get a lot of hiccups - I didn’t think anything of it since he got them so often when I was pregnant too. I’ll have to bring that up to my midwife and see if we can’t get him on something like that! Is it common in the evenings? Because generally he sleeps during the day no problem.

Starting some low dose pitocin in a few minutes here. I’m getting antsy.

Good luck Curious!!!

Hoping it triggers something for you PG. I started out being grampy the day before DS2 was born.

Thank you for the encouraging words everyone. I’m up and down today. The night nurse took Theo after every feeding last night and I go to sleep which helped a lot. But still everything makes me cry. Most of all people haha. I just want DH and DS around me, that’s it. Was like that last time. I’m having a speedy recovery. Hardly sore. They keep asking me if I want pain meds and I finally ask what for, because I just don’t have any pain. I know how lucky I am with that and I am hoping that will help with my mood too.
With all the tickers gone I lost track of who is still pregnant and how far they are. I too am one who gets bump envy and I have to push that out of my head or it’s another silly thing I cry about.

I relate to a lot of this! I was fortunate to jot really need pin meds myself and I've been up and moving very well thankfully!

I am having weepy moments though for sure. It doesn't take much to bring me to tears. Even though I overall feel emotionally well, I'm definitely sensitive to a lot right now at the same time.

I can't even think about being done having babies too! :cry: things are hard right now as it is...on one hand couldn't imagine logically having more than five kids...but it makes me super sad to think I'll never do it again either. My husband said something along those lines yesterday about being done and I near bawled!

Curious!! OMG, good luck!! Hope things are going well!

Epp, can't wait to hear about your arrival!!

Mom and Holly, awww, I feel you. I'm super weepy. I cried at an commercial for Anthony Bourdain's show last night. Proper weeped. I am weird in that I will weep for random things, not obvious things like missing my family.

Pg, hope the sweep starts things.

Sander, I have a baby who sleeps well in the day too. She has her days and nights mixed up. :wacko: She's happy and alert in the middle of the night, staring around the room and waking every 2 hours for a feeding.

AFM, I'm pretty sure I have mastitis or breast cancer. Probably mastitis but it's the same symptoms as inflammatory breast cancer. My left breast is red, swollen, hot to the touch, SORE AF, and I couldn't even sleep. Woke up with a swollen areola. Off to the doc in 5 minutes now. I'm not sure if BFing is worth it at this point. I am still only pumping 5 ml a pump -- like 3 ml and 2 ml from each breast. :( I will grieve if I don't get the lovely nursing experience I had with Alistair.

Good luck curious.

Well my little man is finally here. Had to be at hospital for 7.30 and he was finally born at 16.19. The first lady took nearly 3hours then they Had 2 emergencies. At one point they were talking about sending me home til Tom. Thankfully they managed to get us done and all is well. Little man has been glued to the boob though and every time I try to put him down he kicks off. Think I'm in for a long night.

Congratulations Topaz! I'm glad they didn't have to postpone it for you xx

Baby is here! I got an epidural, dilated to 10 in 2 hours and pushed for 5 minutes. There were a couple scary moments where her shoulder got stuck because she’s giant but all is well. 9lb 21in. I’ll be back with pictures and name!

Congratulations topaz! Glad you didn't get postponed.

Congratulations curious! Glad your little lady got out ok! Looking forward to pics & hearing her name 😀

Congratulations curious. I'm so glad everything has gone well. I'm looking forward to more baby pictures xx

Whoop whoop more babies!!!!

Congratulations topaz im so glad they got you in on the day it would have been soo frustrating to be sent home after being there waiting!

Brilliant news curious so glad your little lady is here safe! Cant wait got name and pics!

I to have been pretty weepy at the moment i feel content that this is my last time although i know that will change but what im struggling with is splitting my attention between the two, i feel like im neglecting my dd as everytime we start playing or snuggling then baby starts creating for a feed. She doesnt seem upset about it at the moment as she loves him so much but its tearing me up!

I'm worried about that too Ladders, every day that I think I may be about to give birth I've had this overwhelming urge just to try and be with her. To play or chat or anything.

At the moment I'm not sure if labour is starting. I lost my mucus plug earlier and it has some brown blood with it. Since then I've had cramps and tightening. I did time them for an hour and they were about 6-8 mins apart though they aren't getting more painful, just the same kinda uncomfortable feeling. They aren't in my back, just my belly especially low down underneath the bump.
I'm hoping this is it but I'm also feeling quite nervous!

Ladders - I so understand. DS had already been in a rough phase. He asks what baby is doing, but then really fast wants to either rip the boob out of DS2’s mouth, lay on him, through him in the trash etc. He has wanted to give him kisses but it’s being rough towards him that is so hard. And just like some other babies here Theo doesn’t want to sleep anywhere but on me which makes it hard to give DS1 the attention he needs. Hope this gets better. So hard.

PG it very much sounds like my labor started. And then in the middle of the night it got more intense.

And congrats to all the new babies! I have lost track in my sleep deprived state. I got about 2.5h last night 😭

Had my little early this morning. Sawyer born at 3:44am 6/12/18. 6 lbs 7 oz, 20” long. 38+6. Will update more later

Babies, babies everywhere!!! Congrats!!!

Babies born, babies who only sleep on us, babies who don't let us sleep, weeping over our other LOs and all other things...... lol, sounds like we're right in the middle of June. ;)

Congrats to all the other mummies that had their babies over past 2 days. What a cluster we had.

We came home last night just 24 hrs after surgery and are doing well. His brothers are smitten.

Pg any news? Ibhooe you have your baby by now.

Congratulations Rach!

PG, hope that was it & your baby is at least on the way if not actually here by now!

The sleep deprivation is rough here too BUT Susannah will nap in her crib now so I get a bit of time in the mornings especially to do a few things (mostly dress & eat 😉). So that makes a difference. She is starting to eat a little more at some feeds, so I hope she will soon start stretching feeds out a little, it's every 2 hours at the moment.

Congratulations Rach, he's a perfect size for his gestation! Looking forward to hearing more.

This morning I just want to cry. After hours of what felt like latent phase contractions they've stopped. In the night I woke feeling really sick like I was about to have diarrhea but I got back to sleep and everything has gone.
I felt it all slowing down about 9pm but then the ones I was getting seemed to be stronger even if they were longer apart.
This morning I tried to encourage my oh to have sex but he was tired and not in the mood so he was a bit snappy with me for trying just to get labour going.
I feel achy in my bump but I don't feel like things are progressing at all.
I just feel ever so down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->