• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June jewels 2018!!!!

Thanks mom, I've heard he might not engage till labour but it means that she can't do a sweep. I do have my fingers crossed though.

Aww allie, I feel for you. I remember that Alice was the same, me and my husband used to take it in turns covering the night as she would not sleep in her crib at all. In the end we realised that she would not sleep on her back so when I put her to sleep on her front she slept 3 hours. I was terrified of the warnings of sleeping on her front but she never ever slept on her back, even now aged 5.
I hope Clara let's you get some rest soon :hugs:

I noticed my ticker had gone too, about a week ago. I thought it was because I'd got to 40 weeks then realised everyone's had gone. I wonder if the website has disappeared?

Yeah congratulations mom and i love his name!! Nice and quick im very impressed!!!

Now for you curious and pg! Come on babies!!!

I feel for you allie. My second was like this so i didnt get much sleep. We have just set up the next 2me crib so I'm hoping that will work ok this time. At least ibwould have to lift him out of the crib.

Congratulations mom! Theodor is a cool name. I didn't realise you were German either. I studied German for my degree & lived in Düsseldorf for a year 😀

Allie, Susannah is not a fan of being put down either although she does sleep in her crib overnight. She still only does short stretches, but at least we can put her down. Róise was the same though. I just held her for naps & read a book or something for the first several months. At least I could rest & she slept.

Allie - Elias is the same. The worst part is he won’t sleep in the bassinet, but he also is so fussy when sleeping in someone’s arms. It’s 12:30pm here, and he hasn’t stopped crying since 7pm last night. Feel like I’m dyyyyingggggg

Send help pls :cry:

Rach - yes that’s the thing he’s eating constantly. I read something about babies going through a growth spurt around 2 weeks old where they want to eat all the time, maybe he’s just hitting it early? I don’t know but DH got him to sleep a couple hours ago and I got to take a nap, so that was amazing ha. I feel bad for him because he’s obviously upset about something but I feel like once he’s eaten, burped and comforted with a clean diaper I’m out of ideas on what he could want. Because he’ll eat until I run out of milk and then he starts getting into the fridge supply, and he’s spitting up a lot of it when he’s done.

My sister in law said it could be sour stomach - like heartrtburn for babies. Anyways it seems like whatever it is we just have to ride it out :wacko:

Mom ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :yipee:

Sander ~ I'm so sorry! Carson had a few days like that last week and it made me worry he was going to be a colicky baby. Thankfully it didn't continue daily. He still has his moments. Baby probiotics might help if it's tummy related ~ and if you don't take them, you could do that too! :hugs: There is also gripe water which also helps w upset tummies!

Thank you all so much! Day two and Theo has a hard time laying down for more than 5 min without crying. And just like with DS I started getting super emotional. I just feel like crying. It’s exhausting. It’s like the love I feel for my family is so overwhelming. I miss DS so much knowing also that he misses me. I almost wish I had gone home today so I could be with DS and DH, but so much thought I should give myself the extra day. While everyone here is really nice they also have other patients to look after. I know part of feeling so down is sleep deprivation, but knowing and actually being able to catch up on sleep are two different things.
I know it’ll get better, I just wish I could enjoy this time more.

Thank you holly I will try that!!

Mom15 I can imagine it’s so much harder because your DH is home with your DS. It’s surprising how hard this first while is! I found calling the nurses when you need help made a big difference. I know they seem busy and there are other patients but that is what they’re there for, and if you’re feeling overwhelmed they can help you. Big hugs, it should get easier soon :hugs:

Mom, :hugs: try to take advantage of the nurses and when you miss your family know that this time with you and baby is very important and DS will be a-ookay. I know it's hard. :hugs: How many nights is this since delivery? Is this night 2? I stayed 3 nights and I would have gladly stayed 4 if they would have let me! I'd get supplemental breast milk brought to me with each feed, ready to go...I'd have help with latching all hours, etc. Tons of room service food lol....

I am honestly obsessed with food since Clara has been born!! I'm constantly hungry and eating!!

Sander, do you swaddle? When Clara is unsettled it is usually because she's tired (as we nurse and then supplement so we know she's fed). We do a lavender baby bath, lavender massage with lotion, swaddle into a baby burrito, pop in a pacifier and rock her to sleep. Other random ideas that seem to calm Clara and did with Alistair -- skin to skin, a walk in the stroller, a good burping over the shoulder and some leg pumps to help release gas...I dunno, you've probably tried all of those but I hope you have some relief!

I'm glad ( I suppose) I'm not alone with a baby who wants to sleep on me. I mean, I know it's the fourth trimester, but it's hard to get anything done at all. Nature's way of keeping us off our feet and with our babies!!

Are you guys with your babies going out much yet? I hate being at home so we have gone to Target or out to lunch very day. I've had DH though and he goes back to work tomorrow. So I'm nervous!!

So crazy that tonight is my last night being pregnant!
Csection is scheduled for 1 pm but told to expect to go about 10 or 10:30.
I am nervous, but ready.

I hope you're feeling a bit better Sander? It's so hard when they're crying constantly and you don't know why. I used to used infacol and gripe water for Alice as she was ever so colicky. Everyone who ever met her said they'd never heard a baby scream so loud, it used to go through people!

Mom - I can imagine it's hard being away from your ds. My daughter goes to her dad's a couple of evenings a week and I really miss her but I also enjoy the time knowing she's OK and doing other things. They will have other patients at the hospital but they also have you too. Try and get a little help, plus it's ok to be super emotional :hugs:

My water broke this morning in bed! Just like with DD. There’s meconium too, just like with DD. So we’re headed to the hospital. I’m having a baby today!

My water broke this morning in bed! Just like with DD. There’s meconium too, just like with DD. So we’re headed to the hospital. I’m having a baby today!

I'm so glad it's happening naturally, I hope everything is OK for you and your baby!

I have been able to have a sweep today, she said the baby was just about engaged and although my cervix was still very high, she said that I was about 2cm and it was very squidgy.
She said to try reflexology too so I have an appointment at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

I'm a little crampy after the sweep but I was expecting that, it doesn't feel like labour pains. I've got to call on Monday if it doesn't happen naturally for a time for my induction.

Good luck Curious!!! ❤️

Pg~ I hope the sweep helps!!

Good luck Curious!!!

Hoping it triggers something for you PG. I started out being grampy the day before DS2 was born.

Thank you for the encouraging words everyone. I’m up and down today. The night nurse took Theo after every feeding last night and I go to sleep which helped a lot. But still everything makes me cry. Most of all people haha. I just want DH and DS around me, that’s it. Was like that last time. I’m having a speedy recovery. Hardly sore. They keep asking me if I want pain meds and I finally ask what for, because I just don’t have any pain. I know how lucky I am with that and I am hoping that will help with my mood too.
With all the tickers gone I lost track of who is still pregnant and how far they are. I too am one who gets bump envy and I have to push that out of my head or it’s another silly thing I cry about.

Very exciting curious & epp - good luck!

Mom, the baby blues hit around 2/3 days after birth too so ityno wonder you're feeling weepy.

Allie, I'd have loved 4 nights in hospital too, I got 2!

Sander, it could be reflux if he's throwing up after feeds. Does he get a lot of hiccups or screw up his face like he's eaten something sour? You can get medication from the doctor for that & usually they grow out of it. DD1 had it. The anti-reflux formula didn't work for us as it was too thick to get through the test of the bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->