June jewels 2018!!!!

Oh man how difficult is it getting nap timings right so you don't miss their sleep window by one minute and then they won't settle for ages!
Dylan has been napping well but the last couple of days this time of day he really struggles to settle so we're having some skin to skin time.

How's everyone doing? I can't believe my little man is one week old!

We're basically skin to skin all day!!! Clara sleeps in her bassinet at night but wakes every 2 hours. During the day if I'm lucky I'll get one nap in her bassinet, the rest of the day I'm holding her. She doesn't like her swing. She will tolerate her bouncer in the bathroom while I shower for about 2 minutes so I have to to be quick.....

hope everyone is well!???!

It's gone very quiet in here, I'm guessing we're all kinda going through the tired and emotional phase? I know I am. Even though I'm really happy and my other half is so helpful, I'm really tired today and have had a constant headache. I'm finding it quite emotional at times to juggle two kids who both want my time. I find myself not being able to do too much with my eldest. She doesn't seem to mind too much, I just want to give her the attention as well.

On the plus side the breastfeeding is getting less of an agony, as that's really stressed me out. I've spent too many nights debating giving up and going to bottles but then he roots for me and I find myself trying again.

Has the naps and sleeping got any better allie?

Yes PG, F is almost 2 weeks old and I’m just crying all the time. I think I might have PPA. I have an appointment to talk to my midwives on Tuesday. She’s been sleeping very well while my parents were visiting but as soon as they left she started being up at night much more. So tired. Also I miss my parents. We’re moving back near them in 2 months but everything that needs to happen between now and then seems overwhelming.

It's hard not being near family, isn't it Curious? My mom is a memory care home but my dad came out for nearly a week and I just bawled when he left.

Sleep is coming along the same I guess, I hold her all day and at night she sleeps in her bassinet. I've had a few bassinet naps which were awesome. Today she napped in her swing and I made lunch! I was blown away haha!!

She barely cries which is good. I mean as long as her needs are attended to, she doesn't tend to fuss for mystery reasons.

Tired and emotional, check and check!

I also seem to have resurgance of afterpains OR AF is about to start. :wacko: I'm getting period type cramps. They had went away for a good two weeks! I'm 28 days postpartum tomorrow....or it could be my bowels as they are backed up. I am debating calling my OB tomorrow. I would hate to call if it's just constipation!

I won't get the 'break' from periods since I'm no EBF and only comfort nursing.

It is definitely hard Allie. Sorry you get it too. F is the same way, generally not a fussy baby, knock on wood, though today has been tougher. I’m afraid of getting AF soon too since I’m EFF.

I ebf ds2 for 2 years but my af came back at 17 weeks and were like clock work. So not expecting a break this time round. My milk seems to be settling down at last but Ollie has a cold which means he only wants to snack little and often.

2 weeks pp today and I'm gonna drive to the shops as I feel great. Been off all pain killers for 4 days now and been walking 2 miles a day. I desperately need some shorts as nothing fits me and we are in for a red hot week. I

Oh man, this is the third time I've wrote this post.

Curious - I'm sorry you aren't feeling good. It's hard when you don't have your family close by but I'm glad you're going to speak to someone about how you're feeling. We're here to talk to as well.

Allie - I'm glad that Clara is letting you put her down a little more often. It's so good when you're able to do even little things like make lunch or hang the washing out. Dylan is napping for shorter times and taking longer to go down at the moment which is a little frustrating.

Topaz - that's really good! I have only done a little walking as I suddenly had some heavy bleeding one day and everyone made me worry. Its bloody hot in the UK at the moment, I kinda wish it was cooler :haha:

Today I had Dylan weighed and he has gone up a lot. He's gone from 9lb 11 birth weight to 10lb 4oz in 11 days! Although the breastfeeding has been painful, he's obviously getting enough. I'm finding the comments about him being a big boy quite hard some days but I think he's gorgeous.

I got my af pretty quickly even though I ebf my daughter. I think it came back after about 16 weeks. I was gutted as I thought they would have been delayed a lot longer.

I can't really remember when AF came back with Alistair even though he was EBF for many months and breast fed with food until a year...but I know it was longer than a month haha.

So I woke up in severe pain at 4 am and went to the ER convinced I had a uterine infection or something. All kinds of tests.....I'm CONSTIPATED. Like they did an xray and said it's really bad. I HAVE only gone to the bathroom like 3 times in 4 weeks....but WOW who knew it could cause pain like that?!?! Also, what an embarassing trip to the hospital. They want me to call my OB and I'm so embarassed lol. It's because of the C Section and taking narcotics for 2 weeks. :( I had no idea surgery and pain pills could cause this......ouch.....

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. Now I just need to work out everyone's sleeping as we are all zombies.

PG, it's funny people saying he's a big boy is making you feel bad because I am having the opposite and feel terrible everytime someone tells me how tiny Clara is!

Jeez, sorry Allie! Glad that’s all it is but sorry to hear that. That sounds awful. I hope it clears up soon.

Thanks Squig, I ended up going to my Ob to be checked out as the pain was too much and I had mastitis and thrush. Ugh. So Im on a 10 day course of antibiotics for mastitis, nystatin cream for the thrush teice daily and numans steroid nipple cream after every nurse/pump session for healing. After almost a week i feel mostly healed and pain is barely there! My engorgement seems to finally have chilled out as of today thank goodness! I exclusively pumped the last 4 days to give myself a mental and physical break. Much needed. Today I nursed Sawyer for the first time again and it went well. With the problems healing and milk calmed its easier for him to latch and much more pleasant for me! Woo!

PG i think were the same person lol. Constant headache but I attribute that to tension from nursing issues and hormones/sleep deprivation. My hubby is super helpful too but theres some things he just cant do....like breastfeed, which is my main problem. Lol

2 weeks pp tomorrow and feeling pretty good minus my drunken sleep lacking stupor. Haha. Physically I feel amazing compared to how miserable and achy I was preggo.

As for AF I was the very unlucky lady who got hers 4 weeks pp after my dd was born. Then monthly like clockwork after....and I ebf for 6-7 months then continued with food until 12 months. THE worst. im so hoping that doesnt happen again this time. They were incredibly horrible and painful and heavy(like changing a super plus tampon hourly for 3 days straight heavy) and I for some reason wound up with a cold every month with my period for the first 8 months.

Sorry guys, sounds like lots of us are still struggling!! I never knew there was recovery time involved with having a baby haha, no one tells you that! 3.5 weeks PP and I’m only just starting to feel better. Still dealing with pain if I stand for too long, but last week I just wanted to die so there has been significant improvement. Sleeping has been tough, breastfeeding is going ok aside from Elias wanting to eat almost constantly during the day. Haven’t been exercising as much as I was hoping (aka, not at all) because it’s too sore still. Hoping to get back into walking soon!

I cross posted this to the Facebook group but wanted to mention it here too for those of you not on Facebook:

If anyone wants, I was thinking it could be neat to make a collage type picture of all the babies! Feel free to post your favourite baby pic and I can put it together, maybe it can go on the front page of our bnb group :)

Thank you Curious!! I wanted to ask what formula are you using? I know Squig is also EFF but if I remember formula is different in the UK.....???

Rach, uff da, but WELL DONE perservering. The mastitis was the last straw for me I think even though I'm still nursing a bit. It hurt to even pump. The only relief I got was hot showers and hot water bottles on the breast.

Boo to AF after 4 weeks!!! I hope that doesn't happen to me or any of us. :wacko:

Oh Sander that's a great idea!! Should we post the photos on this thread or FB?

Does anyone ever know what happened to becsboo and spiffynoodles??

Hmm well it might be easier to do it on Facebook because it’s so complicated to post pics on bnb :wacko: but if anyone doesn’t have FB they could post here and I’ll check both :)

Allie, we started with Similac since they gave us a bunch in the hospital. Then we switched to Enfamil since I had some samples and that’s what DD1 ate. But I noticed F getting more constipated like DD1 often was so I’m switching back. I think we will stick with Similac from now on.

I think was becsboo the one who the admin banned from the site or something because she had 2 profiles?

Sawyer had his 2 week check up yesterday. He gained 1 lb 2 oz and grew 1” in 12 days! Hes doing great. Dr checked and he did have a minor tongue tie so he clipped it and I nursed him immediately after and oh my what a difference!! I was almost at the point of giving up but now I think I can do it. Hes such a better nurser than my daughter and I lasted a year with her. Hoping to do the same length for him.

Hows everyone elses littles?

That's brilliant Rach! I think we are the same person as Dylan had his tongue tie done today, although it was a minor one the difference is already much better. He's fed a lot since having it done though I think it hurts his mouth a bit now as he latches on and off a lot atm. I was nearly at the point of giving up but I'm going to try and carry on. He also gained since his birth weight. Definitely lots of full fat milk we produce :haha:

I've not had dylan's length measured yet but he's very long, he's nearly grown out of his moses basket and he'll be 2 weeks tomorrow.
With him being big he's got a lot of strength and can hold and lift his head up pretty easily on my chest. He'll hold it up and look about, it's like having a, 2-3 month old already! My auntie said she was a big baby and my cousin was 9lb+ and was born early so I've finally realised where his size comes from.

Sander I think that's a great idea. I'm not on Facebook so I'll post a pic on here

My other half took this one today and sent it to our family WhatsApp group with the caption

"hands up who's nearly outgrown their moses basket" :haha: :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG-20180627-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180627-WA0002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh