June jewels 2018!!!!

Thank Allie I have thought about a co sleeper. I have the halo Bassinest and it swivels over the bed so essentially he is really close. And what is sucks is that I just bought it. With DS1 I had his giant crib next to my bed and this time I wanted something smaller and since we had everything else the Bassinest was my splurge item being $200. It’s just sad to look at it everyday and he has not spent more than a few hours in it. It was really just one night that I can remember that he slept in it for about 3h.
I just took a video I will attach. He has been sound asleep on me, so I figure I’ll try to lay him in the bassinet. I don’t even turn the light off and just sit there and watch him. Sure enough after a minute or two he starts looking like he is in agony and at the end it sounds like he is gasping for air. That’s when I stopped filming to pick him up. He is now sound asleep on my chest again.
DH works from home, but part of why he is good at his job is because he is disciplined, meaning even though he is home he is in his office starting at 7.30/8. He only comes out to grab sth from the kitchen and he does have to leave for a few hours during the day. It’s nice that usually he is back home by 4 and so when it’s 5pm he doesn’t have a commute.
I’m sorry you are struggling with insomnia. I’m very thankful that I don’t have that. I can usually sleep within minutes.
I did get a good nights sleep after about 1am last night once Tylenol kicked in. I had the worst headache of my life. I thought my eyes were going to explode and I almost had to through up. I actually wished I was in labor again because that seemed more pleasant than that headache.
Gonna try the bouncy seat next for DS2. I hope it works. Fx

It tells me the file is too big when try to upload the video. I am not sure how to make it smaller. I trimmed it down to 6 sec, but it’s still too big.

Hi everyone. I tried to write a post twice a couple of times but I was doing it at night when I was tired then I'd press the wrong button and lose it!

I'm doing better, I think I'm getting the hang of two kids and the guilt is less now. We've just been to Stratford upon Avon where my sister lives and stayed in her house whilst she was on holiday. It's only been a weekend but we treated it like a mini break and did loads of things based around my dd.
Luckily Dylan isn't sleeping too bad, except last night he was up every 2 hours to feed and takes 20 mins after a feed to get him back down but normally he has 3-4 hour stretches at least once a night. It must be hard having insomnia allie.

My boobs are killing me though, either mastitis or thrush but the whole boob feels bruised and painful to touch.

Does your LO have reflux mom? It does sound like he's struggling with something when he's lying down flat.

Aww this morning Dylan was smiling at his sister as she gave him a kiss before school. Its definitely a genuine smile as he did it 3 or 4 times in a row and he crinkled up his eyes as he did it :cloud9:

I got a video at the weekend of him smiling at my oh but this was lovely and completely out of the blue. She's gone to school skipping and so happy.

I know we've all been quite tired and emotional but what happy things has everyones LO done? Getting a video of him farting like an adult was also a big high for me. :haha:

LOL at farting video!!!! :haha: I have one like that.....Clara was being so cute and then it just went on and on so I kept filming. :)

Gosh, gotta love those baby smiles. Clara smiles a lot and without coaxing, and I agree those are the best, PG! Just a genuine smile when she sees your face.

Hope the bouncy seat worked, Mom, and sorry about the headache and video not working.

PG, I'm jealous you've gotten the hang of two! It's just hard entertaining my 6 yo and he's acting out....as in, he's just acting hyper and wants my attention all the time. He's sweet as can be to baby, but he wants me to play with him more. We do a weekly date...yesterday it was swimming and out for icecream. Last week a movie, etc. It doesn't seem to be enough for him. This week he's in vacation bible school for 3 hours a morning which I feel guilty makes me happy because I can focus on Clara for a bit properly.

School starts in a month and will be here soon.

What are you all doing for vaccine schedules? We are flying this week and her doc had suggested we do all her 2 month jabs last week early.....I cancelled, it just seemed like the risk of her getting those diseases was quite smalll on our trip to Minneapolis. I didn't want all 8 done and early. It's 3 shots and an oral dose but 8 vaccines...anyways, I am pro vaccine and did it all on schedule with Alistair but I'm leaning towards a delayed schedule but not sure what to follow. Any advice?!?! I promise I won't get into a vaccine debate on her lmao. ;)

Mom - Elias hated sleeping in that Halo bassinet as well, he only wanted to be held or in the bed with us (which like you I’m terrified of). The only thing that worked was swaddling him tightly and making sure he just finished a big feed. I’m sure you’ve tried that, but just wanted to put it out there. He’s only just started sleeping in there the past week or so.

PG we’re getting smiles here too! And he’s vocalizing a lot more, I got a super cute video of him ‘saying’ hi back and forth to us :p

Allie I agree I wish they had better options for vaccination schedules. It seems like a lot of shots for such a young baby - especially because most of them are combo vaccines, so technically one shot but up to 5 vaccinations. I don’t think you’re wrong for wanting to space it out.

I think it has really helped me with Alice being in school as I can give Dylan all of the attention during the day and then fuss over Alice a bit when she's home. I've been lucky that she's very understanding when Dylan has cried or taken my attention. I have had to let her have a little more leeway like at bedtimes but so far it's ok. Hopefully when Alistair is doing his own thing at school it'll help a lot.

I wish we could post videos! I'd love to see them! I bet that's so cute of Elias. I adore th cooing and first "talking". We get a few cute noises but a lot of growling and grunting, all good language development but a little less cute :haha:

I think with the vaccination then go with your mothers instinct. The baby will be getting their injections and if you feel it's better to wait then do that. I agree it is a lot in one go. It has its pros and cons. Good that you can get them done all at once but bad that it might make Clara feel more ill having them all done.
When Alice was little she was given the wrong vaccination! Luckily it didn't cause her any harm but it wasn't good. I'll still be having Dylan's done.

Dylan has just slept 9pm till 1:30am (which is the UK time I'm writing this) I woke sweating like crazy though. The post partum night sweats are awful.

The heat in the UK is doing my head in, me and Dylan are still sleeping in the living room as it's cooler than the bedroom.
Well, trying to sleep as his good sleeping has gone crap this last week! Last night I was up nearly hourly and he's not settling for day naps well either. He's OK if he's asleep on me or in the pram whilst it's moving (as soon as it stops he's awake)
I guess hes going through a growth or developmental spurt as he's nearly 6 weeks now. I just need to get through this.
Apart from the sleep we're doing good though now the school holidays have started so I've got to try and entertain my daughter too.

Luckily the school hols are short?! ;)

Alistair goes back in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to that alone time with Clara.

However I have some job interviews in the works (teaching jobs) so I may go back to work full time. Very undecided but figure it doesn't hurt to interview. As it stands I'm going back to work part-time at the airport in a month.

How is everyone doing?

Clara is like Dylan and will sleep in the stroller until it stops haha. Funny how they notice. I think last night (we just got home from our trip last night) Clara was up every 2 hours. I gave Alex the couch as it it's his birthday today. We are all pooped out from our vacation. Clara did great but it was hard travelling with two, I must say. Especially standby as we got stuck at Chicago O'Hare all day and eventually gave up and got a hotel and had to fly back a day late.

I’m with you ladies. Theo will only sleep on me during the day. Every time I try to put him down, he wakes and cries within minutes. Wearing me out! Nights are pretty good though. He only wakes twice on average. Sometimes I get him to sleep in the bassinet, but often he is in bed with me.

Allie - I know! We're only in our first week of the school holidays so have 5 more to go after this. Alice does split her time with me and her dad so I only have her 4-5 days a week. Dylan didn't want to let go of me yesterday so she ended up on the PlayStation a lot or watching TV. I felt a bad parents but I couldn't give her any 121 time.
I hope you had a nice holiday despite the airport annoyance?

Mom, that's great he only wakes a couple of times in the night though the trade off of lack of time in the day is hard.
We moved dylans crib downstairs yesterday as he's been in the moses basket but now he's getting too big for it. He slept better as it has gaps so I can put my arm through and pat his belly when he's waking and although I didn't get much more sleep he settled better.

I'm worried though as I've fell asleep with him on my chest a few times now. I feed him and put him on my chest to burp him then I've woke and hour or two later when he stirs. I really don't want to but I'm so tired I'm falling asleep without realising. I've taken to eating chocolate at feedings to keep me awake but I put on 1lb this week so I can't keep that up.

Sorry I never update here. I always read along and mean to come back to comment but never do. Lol Heres a quick update. Sawyer had his one month check up last Tuesday(he was 5 weeks that day) and has gained 3 lbs since birth so now weighing 9.5 lbs. he sleeps a tonnnnn but also wants to be held all the time. But he’s a pretty easy baby so I cant complain. Will update more later. Hope everyone else is well!

Attachments

• CD2FF2B4-480D-40BD-8F81-3C8D4043DE87.jpg
    CD2FF2B4-480D-40BD-8F81-3C8D4043DE87.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4
We had our 6 week check up. Theo is 12lbs10oz and 22”. I am known to produce heavy cream not milk. Lol. He is going to be as chunky as his brother was.

Aww sawyer is gorgeous, I'm glad you're OK Rach. How's the breastfeeding going?

Mom that's funny! I'm with you there. Dylan has his 6 week check up on Monday or Tuesday (I don't remember anything any more so I'll have to check the calendar) but I think he'll easily be 14lb! I think we have mega milk :haha:

My chubby bunny

Attachments

• IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
My girl has slowed down on growth, despite being formula fed! She was so late she was 95th percentile for everything. At 1 month she was down to the 65th for things. I wasn’t surprised though because DD1 has always been very average and my DH isn’t a huge guy. Glad to get more time in her 0-3m clothes! She was 10lb at 1 month.

Dylan is weighing 14lb and 14oz and is 61cm long! He's 99th percentile for height and weight. He's a big boy but perfectly in proportion :haha:

Such cute babies! PG lovely to see since you aren't on FB group.

I need to make an effort to post here more!!! I'm sure there is a lot of stuff we are going through that we could help each other with.......

I'm NOT with the big baby club, though, I have my tiny wee Clara. She is just over 9 lbs at 9 weeks!! Has her 2 month appt next week so we'll see what they say......we are feeding her tons and she gets weighed at my mom and baby group every week. But she is in the 4th percentile. Lots of wet and dirty nappies.....I wish she were chubby, though! It would help me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->