June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I'm looking forward to seeing my midwife again next Friday (16th), and then I will book my 12 week scan for the last week of November, and book in for my blood test (the one that along with the NT scan establishes risk of Downs Syndrome - do you ladies have both the scan and blood test where you are?) xxx

Yes we have this test here, I had skipped in the last 2 pregnancies but this time I am thinking about taking it just to be sure, mostly it wouldnt matter- but might as well see if there is a chance

Yeah, I don't actually think I would do anything if I was 'high-risk', I would still probably let nature take its course (although I'm not really sure as I've never been in that situation, but I can't imagine terminating the pregnancy just because the baby wouldn't be perfect). To be honest I just want to see my baby on that screen again :) xxx

They only do the blood work for us here- we get 2 scans one around 9/10 weeks and one at 20 weeks- then as needed after that

They do blood work and the scan here - but it is optional.

carly this is so neat !! we are due the same day and i also have a scan on the 19th !! im so excited !!

Me too!! Is there a tiny part of you though that wishes you could be a little further along so you could see more on the scan? Have you been on google images to see what a 11 week scan looks like? Some are clear and some are a bit blurry.

I just weighed guys......... I've put on 4lbs and not at all happy. I'm normally a UK size 8-10 (US 4-6 I think) so any weight i put on is noticable. I'm guna start eating healthier today as i cant help but feel i've let myself go and for no reason at all. At the start i had bad nausea which was only relieved when I ate something but since about 7 weeks I've just been eating junk junk and more junk for the sake of it. Today I start being healthy!! Anyone else feeling the same?

I'm feeling the same Carly, I really don't want to put huge amounts of weight on this pregnancy, we are getting married 11 months after baby arrives and I really don't want to have too much to loose, would like to concentrate more on toning up!

So far I have put on 2lb, have had a few take aways, junk food etc but most of the time I am trying to eat healthy! Its hard in the 1st tri as I don't always feel like eating much, and if theres something I do want to eat....I know I must eat something, so follow my body if that makes sense? Hopefully 2nd tri will be easier to eat healthy....although with xmas coming up...its gonna be HARD lol.

x

I've lost 2lbs from my already borderline underweight starting weight and I've not even been sick :wacko: I'm 4kg lighter than I was when I got pregnant with DD :wacko: I don't even feel like my appetite has decreased or anything . I think pregnancy just kicks my already high metabolism into overdrive as I lost 2.5 kg in first tri with DD as well.

Sheesh, I'm currently battling the emotional hormonal rollercoaster! Anyone else find themselves getting emotional about the smallest things? I've pretty much given up watching the news as it turns me into a wreck! Def did not have this with my first pregnancy! xxxx

Ugh I've put on 5lbs!! Being I've had no nausea/ms I've just been hungry all the time....I am carrying twins though so I don't think that's too bad considering.....found babies heart beats this morning on a Doppler i borrowed from a coworker. It was so exciting! That's the first time I've ever heard them. I've only seen them on the US with their little hearts beating. Its so much better hearing them!!

@carly im not too worried because the office i get my ultrasounds done has an amazing machine so im pretty confident it will be clear :) i just cant wait !!

Although I look fatter round my middle lol I have lost about 3kg so far but I lost around the same in first tri last time around due to ms and not eating much!

I've put on 3lbs I think but I look like I've gained about a stone in the belly area. Keep telling myself it's bloat but my bloat was gone by 9 weeks last time and I'm 10w tomorrow!

Has anyone had that nasty cold bug that's doing the rounds?
DS has been suffering with it and so am I. Hubby took ds out today so I could have a "me" day and so far I've managed to empty the washing machine. That's it. I'm just so shaky and light headed that I can't function. I couldn't even make lunch so I was naughty and had yesterday's pizza (we got take out last night but I couldn't stomach it then).
Sod it. I'm going for a shower and if I still feel this poo afterwards, back to bed I go!

DD and OH have got a cold at the moment too :( I just feel like I have a blocked up nose, not a cold as such....poor DD and OH are really suffering tho :( feel for them, I hate colds!!

Hope you feel better soon cottlestonpie!

X

I've lost 6 pounds :( I've been sick a few times but it is mostly because I just have zero appetite and when I do eat I just feel sick and can't eat much. So I've been focusing on eating healthy since if I can't eat much, I want to get the most out of it I can!

Ugh my back feels like its on fire today, got to drive for an hour soon aswell, boooh!!

X

Boo to driving and boo to sickness. Been feeling acidic too today which isn't helping ms. Anyone feel like all they do is moan about being pregnant at the moment? Lol!

Yes!!! Lol

I sat before to OH saying "god I'm sick of feeling sick, I don't know what to have for dinner, I need to nap..." Poor OH!!! Bless him he's a saint for putting up with me!!

X

I haven't seen my oh all afternoon. We're at his mums and he disappeared straight after dinner to watch the rugby, presumably both very bored of baby chatter lol. We've just moved onto baby names and there are some hilarious suggestions online.

Mellie, hope your back feels better soon.... Pain and illness sucks when you can't really take anything for it x

As for me... I'm either moaning about being pregnant or moaning about not feeling pregnant. Poor DH can't catch a break at the moment. I think he's dreading working from home next week :haha:

Sheesh, I'm currently battling the emotional hormonal rollercoaster! Anyone else find themselves getting emotional about the smallest things? I've pretty much given up watching the news as it turns me into a wreck! Def did not have this with my first pregnancy! xxxx

Lol- yup! emotions are mostly targeted towards DH and so i keep picking really silly fights with him- thankfully he has been through this enough to know its not really me- its the hormones talking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->