June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Well i had my 20 week scan on friday, i know im biast but i do have a cute little baby in there even if i do say so myself :winkwink:

Did what i always do...try and drink plenty but go overboard so my bladder is so full that im sat in the waiting area dancing around like a looney sitting in the chair.:haha:

So the sonographer checked lots of measurements, skull shape and size and all the different ventricles (i think they are called) or sections i guess is easier. Each section was as it should be.
The stomach, kidneys, arms, legs and diaphram were all measured and all healthy. When they skull was being measured he/she gave an adorable little head shake as if too say "have you not done with me yet?!"
She zoomed in on the face and we saw its little mouth and nose and at one point we saw right up the nostrils and the mouth opened wide :cloud9:

Wiggle was facing with face down and spine at the top all the time so it was very hard for the girl to get a good check of the heart. She told us to pop off for a walk for 30 mins and then to come back. So we wandered around the hospital. I went to the loo again and we walked around the outside of the antenatal clinic.
I checked around the corridor to make sure no one was coming and i did a Miranda style gallop (some UK ladies may know what i mean) just as i was in full gallop i glanced to my right and saw a waiting room full of patients waiting for blood tests:blush::wacko: I heard rather a loud chuckle as i vanished past the door which brought my gallop to a grinding hault but made me laugh too. Hey least i made some laugh that day.

Anyway we went back and as she put the ultrasound thing back on my tummy baby had shifted on to its back and facing up so we had a better view. She got me to turn on my side to check something and as soon as i turned back baby moved face down again.:growlmad:
We have to go back on the 15th for a re scan so we can check the heart is ok and to get a proper look at the goods! No pink or blue gender reveal for us yet. She did say she thinks there was a willy just in front of the umbilical cord but that was it, it doesnt feel like we know anything more about the gender than we did before we went.
But i fell in love with my little wiggle and was so happy that pretty much everything is healthy.
20+5 pic go ahead and guess

Attachments

• 71889_10151491179138573_824314856_n.jpg
    71889_10151491179138573_824314856_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
Awwww glad you got to see lots at the scan and LOL at your galloping....my little monkey was the same at the scan, we also had to go for a walk and I was skipping up and down the corridors lol...little monkey still hadn't moved though but sonographer managed to get measurements she needed in the end! She did have me tilted backwards on the bed at a 45 degree angle, on my side, on my other side...was quite funny...little cheeky babies!!!

x

LOL! Glad everything is good so far these babies can be difficult already showing us their little attitudes hehe!

Mustbemummy, you're not biased... Your babe is soo CUTE! What a great pic. Totally looks like a boy to me. Hope you get a clear pic at the next scan!!

had my scan on thursday

im team :blue:

:thumbup:

all seems well with the baby so im v happy :happydance:

baby started kicking me since yesterday, feels like flicking from the inside...

Congrats on team :blue:

Mustbemummy - baby is gorgeous, hoping my little one behaves on Friday for my scan

I've been gender testing for fun

Cabbage test x2 :blue:
Baking soda :pink:
Chinese calander :pink:

So want to find some more myths /old wives tales /tests to keep me occupied for next 19 weeks :-0

had my scan on thursday

im team :blue:

:thumbup:

all seems well with the baby so im v happy :happydance:

baby started kicking me since yesterday, feels like flicking from the inside...

Congrats on team :blue:

Mustbemummy - baby is gorgeous, hoping my little one behaves on Friday for my scan

I've been gender testing for fun

Cabbage test x2 :blue:
Baking soda :pink:
Chinese calander :pink:

So want to find some more myths /old wives tales /tests to keep me occupied for next 19 weeks :-0

I can't remember most of the ones I tried when pregnant with DD but one of them was if you look in the corners of your eyes you'll see a vein or two that looks like a fish hook. Which eye its in is supposed to be the gender but I can't remember which is which. I think right eye or both eyes is girl, left eye is boy. I think. All I know is ALL the wives tales were wrong for DD as every last one said boy :haha:

jelly cat- i did a few and they came out saying boy, then i did the baking soda one a few weeks latter and it changed to a girl so hopefully we will see today.

musbemommy; great pics... all we have gotten when we get the take home shots are like blob shots or blurred im like i want a real good shot were you can tell what you are looking at like when we look at the screen.

afm- i am about to go to my doc appointment and we hope to find out today what we are having.... so excited and ready to be able to put a better identity to our little bean.

Little man is getting so strong now! Some kicks startle me a little, he's very low down I'm feeling lots of kicks to the bladder! Active little monkey

Finally received my maternity leggins today, sooo comfy! Little long on my short legs tho :lol: hoping they shrink in the dryer lol

X

Gd luck at your scan sweetpea, hope baby co operates!!

X

Well I have been missing a few weeks! I have a scan we'd and I am super excited

Hello Ladies....

i've been stalking this thread for quite some time.... .just haven't had much to report until last week :)

I am officially 20 weeks pregnant today... we had our gender scan last week... and i'm happy to say we are having a baby boy!!

A little about my background.... I have infertility issues... i went through many iui treatments with one MC .... moved on to IVF... had three cycles of IVF, got BFP on the third :)

During that time... my mother became ill with end stage renal failure.. she ended up passing away July of last year. It's amazing what the soul knows.... during my infertility process, she always told me she would never live to see my children. She wasn't even sick at that time. She frequently told me she dreamt of my little boy with curly hair.... I believe this is the baby my mom sent me from heaven :)

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy second / third trimester! xoxox
baby.JPG

Hello Ladies....

i've been stalking this thread for quite some time.... .just haven't had much to report until last week :)

I am officially 20 weeks pregnant today... we had our gender scan last week... and i'm happy to say we are having a baby boy!!

A little about my background.... I have infertility issues... i went through many iui treatments with one MC .... moved on to IVF... had three cycles of IVF, got BFP on the third :)

During that time... my mother became ill with end stage renal failure.. she ended up passing away July of last year. It's amazing what the soul knows.... during my infertility process, she always told me she would never live to see my children. She wasn't even sick at that time. She frequently told me she dreamt of my little boy with curly hair.... I believe this is the baby my mom sent me from heaven :)

View attachment 561613

That's a sweet thought! Congrats on being team :blue:

congrats annette, love the scan pic!

Anyone else still have their anatomy scan coming up? I feel like I'm one of the last ones as I got scheduled at 22+3 for mine :wacko:

Hello Ladies....

View attachment 561613

Congratulations, that's a lovely story with a little eerie feel to it that your mother kinda knew she'd never meet your baby. It'll be interesting to see if he has curly hair or not xxxxx

Anyone else still have their anatomy scan coming up? I feel like I'm one of the last ones as I got scheduled at 22+3 for mine :wacko:

I do Anneliese - we have ours tomorrow when I will be 2 days shy of 21 weeks.
However, it's an anatomy scan, (where they take all sorts of measurements) not a gender scan, since we have known the gender since week 12, from the Materni21 blood test. We're having a boy. Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

Annette - Congrats and your story is similar to mine. I lost my mom back in April 2012 and she knew how much I wanted another child, so I think of this baby as the little miracle sent to me from heaven too.

I have my scan tomorrow. :D I'm sure it's the anatomy scan but it's also our gender scan!!

I've got mine booked for Friday at 21+5

Annette - that's a beautiful thought congrats on :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"