June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Wow. Can't believe some people only get a few weeks off after baby! Are you meant to send your newborn to daycare!?? We get 1 year paid by the government but its at 55% of our normal wages. I won't be returning to my current work, I have the option of being self employed so that's most likely what I will do so I don't have to leave my LO for too many days during the week.

I think it's awful that you're meant to go back so soon :(
I moan a lot about the way the uk does certain things but maternity leave is one thing we got right.

Wow. Can't believe some people only get a few weeks off after baby! Are you meant to send your newborn to daycare!?? We get 1 year paid by the government but its at 55% of our normal wages. I won't be returning to my current work, I have the option of being self employed so that's most likely what I will do so I don't have to leave my LO for too many days during the week.

Same with me (both from Canada I see!) I am also not returning to my current work as I have a second job that I do from home and will continue that instead. At the moment, I am able to do both, but once Cubby is here, I would have to give up one. I would rather stay home and get paid a bit less than be at work and paying for childcare even though I would probably make another $500 extra a month. I would just rather be home.

I would be so hard to only have a few weeks! I am so happy we get a year!

Where do you live Jen?

I live in New York, USA. Technically we get 6 weeks. It's disability pay, so the first week is a wait week that you do not get paid. And then you get five paid weeks. Unless you have a c-section, then you get 2 additional weeks. Wishing we lived in Canada or the UK, to be honest. It is what it is, though. My mom will be watching baby, so that makes it beter. But I will be returning to work afterwards.

it was hard to go back to work with my first two little ones when i was at 6 weeks post partom. i didnt do well with it, really couldnt focus well. this time i get to stay home and get to experience every moment and wont take it for granted.

My consultant app was pretty straight forward. Have growth scan booked for 28 weeks and need weekly blood pressure checks.

I'll be taking about 9.5 months off, with holiday included. I'll stop at 36 weeks. I really struggle being back at work and still struggle a year on. I know leaving two will be even harder. I'm hoping to do 3 long days when I go back instead of 5 normal ones.

I'm also doing the lottery every week in the hope I can quit completely! Not likely though, I know

It's so unfair in NY Jen! I remember when I lived there looking it up for an employee and couldn't believe that's all we got. I'm from California and they give you 4 months there. Live in Chicago now and don't know, but doesn't really matter because I'm self employed now so I get squat anyway.

Excited about our anatomy scan this afternoon! 4 hours to go and I get to see my Nugget again! :) Maybe if my husband feels more confident today about Nugget being a girl he will open up to discussing names. Every time I try to talk about it, all he says is "we've got plenty of time, calm down!" As if a pregnant woman can calm down... :haha:

i have my next doc appointment on monday and hope i get to have the scan. the doc does all the ultrasounds so im hoping he will notice the sex so i wont have to wait till i see the tech. ill be 19 weeks on monday.

It's so unfair in NY Jen! I remember when I lived there looking it up for an employee and couldn't believe that's all we got. I'm from California and they give you 4 months there. Live in Chicago now and don't know, but doesn't really matter because I'm self employed now so I get squat anyway.

I know, it's insane! Who would think that each state differs so much? Sorry to hear that you won't get anything as you are self-employed. :(

We get 12 weeks :(

Jewels, technically we get up to 12 weeks in NY but only 5 are paid. Sooo... I won't be off 12 weeks. Enjoy your babies!! <3 I think every woman everywhere should get a year off when she has a baby. Just sayin'.

:pink: confirmed! Baby girl was a little uncooperative with the way she was positioned when they were trying to measure the head, but I think they got all the measurements they needed. We did not get a potty shot to take home (they don't give them), but we did get a couple profile and feet pics. She's measuring a few days ahead at 19+5 vs 19+1. Now to work on the hubby and name this baby!!

:pink: confirmed! Baby girl was a little uncooperative with the way she was positioned when they were trying to measure the head, but I think they got all the measurements they needed. We did not get a potty shot to take home (they don't give them), but we did get a couple profile and feet pics. She's measuring a few days ahead at 19+5 vs 19+1. Now to work on the hubby and name this baby!!

Congrats on the :pink: i hope thats what i get i keep feelling and dreaming mine is a girl as well. woop woop team :pink: . :happydance:

So... We found out this morning we are team PINK!! Lol I was so wrong with my instincts :). Me and DH are so thrilled to be having a little princess!

And talked to the dr about the 2nd ultrasound and she said the baby wasn't in a good position to get a good view of the heart and spine, so they just need to get those pics and that's it. Nothing to worry about :)

On cloud nine right now!!

Good to hear Kellya009!
Our baby has already a strong connection to its daddy! Every morning when Terence wakes guess who starts kicking! Every afternoon when he comes home baby starts kicking again! Daddy's little baby already!!

Congrats on team pink ladies!
Ttcnewb that's so cute that baby has that daddy connection. Mine start kicking sometimes if DH is singing in the bath but I think that's more to tell him to shut up :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->