June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I am giddy with happiness after 3 days of really good blood sugar readings. I think my dietician will be proud when I see her again on Tuesday :). GD can't take me down!!

I used to make curry to freeze aswell, chicken or beef .

X

Yep me :cry: they're awful, along with really restless legs too...can never get comfy and end up pacing round the house trying to get rid of it

X

Is anyone suffering with calf cramps at night?

Less at night... more first thing in the morning. Happened to me this morning.

And on another topic, I passed my 3 hour GTT!!!! :D

Last night I took a magnesium and potassium supplement before bed last night and no cramps!! Congrates Yoshy !

Congrats Yoshy great news.

I don't seem to get it so much this time around I do get restless legs though where I just can't get comfortable.

Speaking of the freezer meals... how do you store them in the freezer? Same pan you'd cook the casserole in? Covered with plastic? Foil?

When I make food to freeze I generally either store it in plastic baggies (I have biodegradable ones), or I store it in tupperware (or that kind of thing) containers.

The baggies are particularly good for individual portions of things like soup, sauces, chicken, fish, etc.

If you're a fish fan, you can also prepare fish in individual portions, and freeze it before it's cooked. Then when you want to eat it, you just pop the bag in a bowl of lukewarm water half an hour before you want to cook it, then pop it straight from the bag onto a baking tray or into a frying pan, and it comes out great.

Do you ever prep casseroles to bake later? I tried doing that... cover with foil, then stuffed pan in freezer bag (tight fit), but still got freezer burn grr. So seemed like a wasted effort.

I've never tried prepping casseroles to bake later... Most of what I freeze is precooked leftovers.

You could try prepping the individual layers, wrapping each layer in foil then a freezer bag, and then laying them flat one on top of the other to store in the freezer, and just assemble them before baking. That might help prevent the freezer burn.

For our freezer I buy the aluminium foils with cardboard lids that you write what it is and date made. Get 5 in a pack however for things like lasagne I prefer to put into a big tupperware box and transfer to a baking dish covered in foul when wanting to cook.

Tesco have the Pyrex offer at the moment collect the vouchers and you can transfer straight from freezer to oven do looking at getting a couple of these soon

Ive been preparing meals to freeze too. Ive been putting them in containers i bought from asda.
So far ive made slow cooked beef in sauce.
Soups / lasagne and cottage pie.

Awesome sidenote to the prefreezing stuff... in the area where we used to live, all our friends always get together after someone gives birth, and arrange for meals to be provided for the first two or three weeks after a new baby arrives. It's an amazing custom, and I'm kinda hoping there's something similar where we've moved to (although worst case scenario, we can have my in-laws bring us food... they live down the street now... hehe).

Hi Ladies, omg iv not been on here for so long!! think I missed the whole of 2nd tri!!
Loving the idea of preparing a load of meals that was something I wished I had done last time when I had my DD.

I have a glucose tolerance test on friday so will find out if I need to join the club of watching what I eat :wacko:

Hope you are all doing ok and I will try to get on here a bit more now to keep up with whats going on lol :)

I'm freaking out. I've been getting these weird ******* movements from baby, almost feels like he's shivering. They don't last long. Happen once or twice per day. Anyone else feel this?

I'm freaking out. I've been getting these weird ******* movements from baby, almost feels like he's shivering. They don't last long. Happen once or twice per day. Anyone else feel this?

Yep I get this all the time, and remember getting it with my DD too, I thought she was having a fit or something but apparently its all normal :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->