June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Great idea... I'm gonna have a shedload to lose!
Woop Mellie, 2 hours to go!!! :D

so had a check up at the diabetics clinic yesterday, had a few ketones, got told to up my carbs and eat more, and drink glass of milk before bedtime, but otherwise they are happy with me. sugars are under control and had a scan to check on baby. he was head down. such detailed scan was amazing. even got shown his head..fuzzy outline - he has hair already hehe.:happydance:

i am getting more and more hungry now, so guess it will be ok to eat more as suggested!

I'm pretty happy because since changing my diet (aka cutting out sweets and desserts) for GD I've been holding steady, well I've gained 1 lb in 2 weeks. And before that my last gain was 8 lbs in a month. No junk has really helped me control my calories. And I'm not really hungry either. I just eat more often and smaller portions.

I'm hoping to stay 140 or under so that when baby comes out I can be close to 130. That number doesn't make me feel so bad :). So I have 6 lbs left I can gain in the next 9 wks... Ok so I might go a bit over that's ok :)

so had a check up at the diabetics clinic yesterday, had a few ketones, got told to up my carbs and eat more, and drink glass of milk before bedtime, but otherwise they are happy with me. sugars are under control and had a scan to check on baby. he was head down. such detailed scan was amazing. even got shown his head..fuzzy outline - he has hair already hehe.:happydance:

i am getting more and more hungry now, so guess it will be ok to eat more as suggested!

Bunny do you remember what the ketones in the urine mean? I have been testing every morning and getting negatives, but I can't remember what it means!

Bunny do you remember what the ketones in the urine mean? I have been testing every morning and getting negatives, but I can't remember what it means!

Ketones means you're using up fat stores coz you not eating enough and fluids need to be upped too.
So i need to up my intake of carbs and and been advised of milk before bedtime to flush them out.
No ketones is GOOD - you're doing well.

awesome idea n the diet group for june mommies. im so there.

I'm making a note of my weight each week whereas with JJ I stopped at 35 weeks as didn't like what I saw. This time I want to know how much I lose immediately after baby. I think I'll not be dieting maybe first 4 weeks after baby as usually its grab what you can but then I'll be back on plan

I cannot wait to lose this baby weight. Seriously, I think about it often!

My appetite has plummeted this week. I've had a slice of toast and half a chicken breast all day and I had to force myself to eat that much. If only I was trying to lose weight now!

Cittlestonpie your stomach must be getting cramped alot sooner than us singletons. I remember my appetite dwindling the last couple of weeks with JJ.

my appetite isnt really here either even though i think of what to eat constantly but when i get to eat u now before and after testing sugars, i barely can eat.
im the same for after baby is born eat when and what i can untill everything is settled.

Yeah everything is definitely cramped! Pretty sure Ernie has gone from transverse to head down so his bum is squashing my stomach. I've also had a tummy sickness bug which has made me severely dehydrated which is making my heartburn and reflux so much worse which means I'm avoiding most foods. Think it'll just be bread/toast again tomorrow (and for the forseeable) until I can get some dioralyte and it starts working.

Thanks hun... Got people coming round to keep hubby and DS eentertained tomorrow so I can rest, woop!
Might actually make a start on the hospital bags... Maybe.

Nothing worse than a virus like that while pregnant, poor love :(

Given that this is our 4th baby I don't really want baby gifts but I've asked close friends and family to drop in some meals so I don't have to cook much in the first weeks. Some people have looked at me as if I have two heads lol.. Do you think it's a strange request?

I think that's a great idea! DH and I have already prepared approx 3 weeks of crockpot meals and frozen them so all I have to do is get one out each morning and dish up each evening. So much easier than cooking every night and buying all the ingredients worked out much cheaper than our usual food shop (and they're probably healthier too).

I think that's a great idea! DH and I have already prepared approx 3 weeks of crockpot meals and frozen them so all I have to do is get one out each morning and dish up each evening. So much easier than cooking every night and buying all the ingredients worked out much cheaper than our usual food shop (and they're probably healthier too).

That's what I thought too :) I just know ill appreciate that much much more than any pretty baby gift

Should mention frozen meals as I was thinking we need to stock up. My issue is we only freeze mince based meals - chilli, spag Bol, lasagne and cottage pie. What meals do you guys do and how do you recook them?

Jelly I would think casseroles work the best, don't have many other ideas to what you've just mentioned!

you can get a really awesome cookbook called Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook. There are tons of yummy recipes, plus it comes with grocery lists and step-by-step plans on making tons of meals at once so you don't waste time. I have made 25 meals in less than 5 hours. I would recommend it! Fix, Freeze, Feast is also a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->