Just a Boob...

ittybittycoy

Mommy to 3 Girls
Reaction score
I feel like this is all I have become to LO. I love BF and love providing for her... but to be honest, I hate that I can't cuddle her, without her trying to nurse all the time. I feel like milk is all I am good for! The minute I walk in the door from work, she begins fussing until she nurses or gets a bottle... plus my MIL and DH say she has been wonderful all day and only fusses when she sees me. Honestly, this makes me feel horrible. I want to love on her and play with her, not just be fussed at. I know this may sound selfish, and I don't mean it to be... I just want a happy medium sort of thing.

Do any of you ladies have a solution to being more than just a boob? I have considered EP'ing, but don't like the demands of it. I am so confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, my LO is a big younger than yours, but first thing we do when I get home is feed. After that though, when he is full and happy, we have plenty of play/cuddle time and he is super happy. I'm sure your little girl just fusses because she is impatient to feed when you get home, not that she is unhappy to see you.

Maybe see if your caregiver can give her a bottle later in the afternoon before you come home so she is not so fussy and hungry?

I have no advice as my DD was the same. But as they get older, it does change.
I loved it when she finally came to me for cuddles and not just boob and when she would sit with me and play, read a book etc quite happily for a bit before wanting feeding again :L

She is content, but it seems as though, even after eating she would be happy just to suckle away for as long as she pleases. She also assumes any time I pick her up that it is time to eat. I have tried different positions that aren't the same way we nurse, to avoid this, but she still tries to latch.

In all honesty, I think she just loves the comfort of it... and by no means do I want to take that away, but where do you draw the line? I am sure that is more of a personal decision, I am just unsure of what I want or how to go about it. If that makes any sense at all?

Lol I know what you mean! My baby is nearly 5 weeks and I feel like all he wants is my boob. He loves it when his daddy and aunty etc play with him but he just wants boob from me and I have to deal with all the fussing etc.

My big sis has a two year old just weaned and said (laughingly) that he didn't respect her as a person until he was weaned - he'd see her as boobs only. But she says she misses bf so it does change and we should enjoy it while we can. Its something we can do for them that no one else can.

Lol I know what you mean! My baby is nearly 5 weeks and I feel like all he wants is my boob. He loves it when his daddy and aunty etc play with him but he just wants boob from me and I have to deal with all the fussing etc.

My big sis has a two year old just weaned and said (laughingly) that he didn't respect her as a person until he was weaned - he'd see her as boobs only. But she says she misses bf so it does change and we should enjoy it while we can. Its something we can do for them that no one else can.

Is it possible to wear a top/jumper or something with a high neck line so she can't get to them if that makes sense? If I did this when I knew she was fed etc, it kinda put DD off for a bit.

Mine wasn't much of a cuddler until he stopped nursing. :( I EP now and the increased cuddliness is one of the things I like better about it. But I would still rather be nursing (he doesn't want to anymore). There's just nothing like nursing IMO...it's amazing to see the peace and relaxation it gives them.

Just FYI, EP is not as demanding if you start later when your supply is already established. But it also is less under your control. If you don't respond as well to the pump as to LO, you may have insurmountable supply issues. I was unable to increase my supply and could not keep up with LO until he started eating more solids (and his demand fell). When he was nursing, I was freezing 3oz a day. It also takes wayyyy longer to pump 2-3x a day (it is normal to have to lengthen pumping sessions as you drop to a smaller number) than to nurse that often. So all in all, I don't recommend it if you have the option to nurse.

I think the crying when you walk in the door probably would happen anyway at this age. She's just dealing with all the emotions brought up by seeing you and remembering that you've been gone.

I think it averages out in the end. There might come a time in the not too distant future when she really isn't that interested in cuddles with anybody - she'll be too busy running around, learning new things, playing with anything she can get her hands on to want to sit still and cuddle. If she's BF though, she'll always come back to you for milk at least so you can get your fix of snuggles then, while anybody without boobs will have to make do with a snatched cuddle as they get her out of the car or something. Invest the time now - make do with only milk cuddles for a bit and you'll get the benefit later when she only comes to you.

Thank you to everyone for your replies. I think I am just going to let things play out on its own and enjoy this time we have together now. Since I do see weaning, in our new future, due to the fact I will be working and having to attend school at night, so I will be out of the house for a total of about 10 hours. Thank you again, outside experience is always reassuring to me.

My husband calls me "the boobie" lol! DD2 does cuddle normally for a bit and then starts snuffling and rooting and pulling at my top! Would be nice to have a proper snuggle without her hunting for the boob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->