• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just a few questions regarding my emcs!

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
I had an emcs with my dd two weeks and one day ago, following 26 hours of labor and nearly rupturing my uterus... I have a few questions for y'all! My incision is healing pretty well but it's pretty numb when I touch it, is this normal? How long do most Dr's recommend waiting to ttc again? (I have my Dr appointment tomorrow and will ask these questions then too, just looking for previous experience)
Also when can I start exercising again? I'm sure I'll have more questions just can't think of them right now!

I had my emcs nearly 6 years ago and although it healed normally, I still find that it's numb every now and then.

My ob advised me to wait 18 months between births to have a higher chance of having a vbac ( I had my next baby 16 months later via vbac). As for exercising I was told to walk around as soon as I could but not to push myself and more vigorous exercise or weight lifting shouldn't be done until 6 weeks pp.

Thank you! I won't be trying for a vbac, just too stressful all that I went through this time, I was under general so didn't get to witness my dd birth and don't want to take any chances this next time! (It was quite a traumatic experience)!!! Thank you for your replies! I just talked to two close friends and one got pregnant 6 months after her c-section and the other 8 months!! I hope my Dr says 6 months , I'd like to do it again quickly but obviously I want to be safe and make sure baby and I stay safe during the entire pregnancy!!!

they say 12 - 18 months here but if it were me and my uterus nearly ruptured then i would absolutley wait as long as possible the chances are the odds will be increased for a rupture when pregnancys are close together , i just wouldnt want to risk anything for the sake of a few extra months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->