just a queary how often do you all have sexual intercourse

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
just wondering as im happy with once every 3-4 weeks , but hubby seems to be a sex freak & seems to want it on every optunity possible , we been together 20 yrs & have 4 kids together & when we do have it i just want to have it & thats it where he wants all for play etc , does that sound really bad i think i just get really tired , working keeping things under control in the house & looking after 4 kids is not easy

violet

once a month?! no wonder you think your husband is a sex freak...

i find it weird if we only have sex once a WEEK. we normally have sex 3-4 times a week.

Im single so a grand total of 0!
When I was with my ex though it was maybe 2-3 times a week.
Once a month seems not a lot, but each to their own!
xxx

i find it weird if we only have sex once a WEEK. we normally have sex 3-4 times a week.

This exactly, I couldn't deal with just once a month.. Me and my oh have been together 4 years, not quite 20 though.

Over the years we've had our spells of only having sex every few months, and our spells of going at it daily!

The norm is about once a week, but lately (given that my sex drive has increased with pregnancy) we've been at it about 5 times a week.
Not always the actual act of intercourse though. Sometimes we do...other stuff instead. Still sex stuff though.

(We've been together 11 and a half years, and have three kids.)

I don't think that's helpful :shrug: she said they have been together 20 years and have 4 children, she doesn't want to be made to feel worse. I bet its the norm for many couple and certainly not weird.

OP do you have much time just as a couple? Could you have a date night once a week? Even if its staying in and cooking a nice meal and watching a film. :flower:

Me and my man have only been together a year were in a long distance relationship but when he was here 2/3 times a day x

2-3 times a week. We have no kids but i work long hours and am often tired

I think its really normal in such a long term relationship for sex to end up on the back burner sometimes

We have been married 11 years today and have often gone through phases where we just do it sometimes and before we know it we are at it like rabbits again

About once a week, I would like it a bit more often but with a toddler and a baby I am lucky to get it when I do

Before i was pregnant about 3times a week. Now hubby is completely put off by baby moving so lucky if its once a week. We have one toddler and have been together 8years we have sex alot less often than a before we had ds it was more like 5times a week

We've been together 10 years and have sex about twice a week now. But DH would have sex every day if he could. He has a very high sex drive.

Before this pregnancy it was 3-4 times a week when we saw each other. Now I'm totally not interested as I'm too exhausted, so it's only 1-2 times a week. Once the babies get here it may change though.

I don't think that's helpful :shrug: she said they have been together 20 years and have 4 children, she doesn't want to be made to feel worse. I bet its the norm for many couple and certainly not weird.

OP do you have much time just as a couple? Could you have a date night once a week? Even if its staying in and cooking a nice meal and watching a film. :flower:

i'm not trying to make her feel bad, i just think it's unfair for her to call her husband a sex freak. having sex is extremely crucial to a relationship, and for it to happen once a month is probably not healthy for him, he obviously desires it more.

i agree with planning special occasions like a date night! do new, interesting things to mix it up and bring the spark back

At them mo...never...but i got hypermesis so unless he wants me to throw up on him lol. Normally Actual sex once a week, then sex stuff prob once more.

As others say we go through stages of doing it mutliple times a day to once a month, depends whats going on at the time. (we been togther coming on 6yrs)

Actual sex is pretty rare cos I feel disgusting in my body at the moment and I don't enjoy it, it's just painful. Sex stuff I try and do maybe once or twice a week to keep him happy :shrug:

i'm not trying to make her feel bad, i just think it's unfair for her to call her husband a sex freak. having sex is extremely crucial to a relationship, and for it to happen once a month is probably not healthy for him, he obviously desires it more.

i agree with planning special occasions like a date night! do new, interesting things to mix it up and bring the spark back

Then you should have just said that instead of potentially belittling her feelings? Your comment in your second post is valid but would have been better served in your first post, doesn't hurt to try to be tactful, particularly when OPs are reaching out.

He works 4 days a week, 7am - 7pm. When he comes home, we're both usually exhausted (me from looking after 4 kids, and him from working) so we pack the kids off to bed after they've seen him then we usually just watch films while we eat.

The night usually ends with me falling asleep on the couch then he wakes me up to go to bed.

So we find it hard to find the spare time, but we usually find some. We probably do it about 1 or 2 times a week. We did it twice last week but the week before we did it once. It really does change from week to week..

What about her though? What is she doesn't want to do it more? Its a two way thing? And what on earth is unhealthy about not having sex.
I think there is WAY too much emphasis put on sex, yes, its an important part of the relationship, but it inst THE most important part of a relationship.

I always look at it this way. If you were in a loving relationship, and something tragic happened, where one or other couldn't have sex again, would that be the end of your relationship, just because you couldn't have sex again? Its important, but I certainly disagree with it being crucial.

OP do you want more sex? Are you finding yourself just not wanting it with him? It maybe worth talking to each other about it, and maybe setting up date nights or whatever, to see if you want to get back in the mood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->