just a quick question

T

thedog

Hi everybody hows the bumps? :) so i went to the doctors today for my first appointment, told her i was preg, found out last week etc, and she asked me a couple of things and then said she would refer me to the midwife.
So can anyone please tell me how they will go about that? i dont know if they have my phone number, will they send a letter through the door?
Just abit confused thats all, thanks :happydance:

They will probably send you a letter with the date of your appointment (the midwife not your GP), although if the appointment is coming up fast they should phone in case the letter doesn't reach you in time (that's how we do it at the hospital I work at). You may have to wait a little while to see the midwife as when they want see you can vary a bit from region to region.
Your GP should have your phone number in their records (unless you have changed it since you registered in which case you should inform them of your new number!).

I guess each area is different. For me, I phoned the surgery, they asked me to come in and pick up a bounty pack. I picked up my pack, which had my pregnancy notes in and they booked an appointment with the midwife for that week.

It might be worth just giving them a ring to see what they will be doing as obviously with christmas, post will be slow, etc. xx

I saw the doc today and was told I have to make my first appointment with the midwife, and was given her contact details. Every area is different I suppose, might be worth giving the surgery a call in the morning?

I done nothing!

Went to the Drs and then got a call last week from the Midwife and she arranged to come to our house on Sunday just gone. She brought our Bounty pack with her and had done most of the paperwork and our yellow book before she arrived.

We were given an early scan for dating purposes too and I chased that, purely as we had a private one booked and I didn't want to pay if we were gonna get the appointment through the next day but they called to make the appointment and sent the letter anyway.

I'd check if you are unsure but it is all happening for us here which is nice xxx

I phoned the Drs surgery told the receptionist i was pregnant where she told me to come down and collect a pack and then booked me in with the midwife there and then for 4th Januray.

They must just put a note into the midwife and tell them where to go. Midwives are community based as well as hospital so she probably comes to the surgery once a week and collects any new referrals. x x

The doctor wrote a few notes down such as my DOB, name, last period etc so maybe they will send a letter. i might pop along and update my phone number xx

They will most likely send you a letter with your booking appointment and a second lttr for your 12 week scan. Thats what happened with me anyway. Just make sure your address and details are correct at GP`s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->