Just a young one here, new to NTNP

L

LilMiss_91

Hey there everybody :)
So I've been lurking around this site for a long while now and I've never really known where to put myself! I'm 20, soon to be 21, and have officially been NTNP with my wonderful OH for the last 2 months. I've been off of BC for 3 months and apart from charting my cycles and possibly maybe getting a little too obsessed with symptom spotting (but honestly, who doesn't?!) I'm not temping, checking CM or CP or anything like that.
I've had one miscarriage/chemical (I wasn't even aware I was pregnant so not sure how far along I was) on the Christmas Eve nearly 5yrs ago. What a nice present from Mother Nature :S. This has made me really quite neurotic and worried that there is something wrong with me :( which is why NTNP is a safer option as I won't be getting all stressed and anxious :)

Anyway, that's a bit about me :) would be nice to meet some NTNP girlies of a similar age :)

Hi! I am also young. I am 21 and just got married earlier this year. I am not currently on bc as I was having some trouble on the pill and needed a break from it although my husband and I probably haven't been being as careful as we should be. Look forward to keeping in touch with you and others in the same age group!

Hello!! Lovely to meet you (in a non meeting way :) )

Well done you for trying not to get obsessed, I'm trying that too :) Sorry to hear about what happened before :( I'm sure you are absolutely fine though-try not to worry too much!!!

Really hope it all works outs for you this time! :) Lots of luck!!! :) x

Thankyou ladies :) it's nice to know I'm not the only fairly young person on here!

So are you not officially ntnp then Amm? Me and my boyfriend kind of started off accidentally but we spoke about it and we're giving it a chance as we'd both love to have a baby. Kind of a case of if it happens it happens but if it doesn't we know we've got a long time to to try properly later on :)

Thanks Ellberry :) yeah I try not to worry too much, at least until after a year of trying cos I figure seeings as I'm only young I should give it a year of ntnp first before ultimately panicking! Haha ::blush::

I'm also 21. Been NTNP for 10 months now and still nothing. Waiting for a year to pass to go to doctors and see if there are issues with either of us.
Going to try opk's next month I think just to know for definite when I ovulate and see if I was getting the exact date right even with out using the tests.

Good luck to you all :)

Good luck to you too Katiee :) let us know how you get on with opks, I've been considering it just while my cycles adjust after coming off the BCP :)

Hello! Im a newbie also. Im 24 and married for over a year. Im eager to try... but glad to have found a place to talk to people like me. Best wishes!

Hi there. I am 22, 23 in October. And I am NTNP for number 2.
I have a 3 year old daughter, who took a long time to conceive.

Sending some :dust: your way.

Hello girls! :)
Im 19, and I've been ntnp with my other half for almost 10 cycles with no luck. Been off bc for 13 cycles. (Although this month, Im not sure, as af has taken a significant change for I may still test, as Im an obessed crazy lady)
I don't temp, chart, check cp or cm or anything. I just have lots and lots of unprotected bd! Haha.
I dont often admit my age on here, as I dont like the idea of being judged for being so young. But me and oh are very settled, mature and in the position emotionally and financially to be able to raise a child.
It'd be really nice to chat to people around the same age, who are also trying to concieve. Good luck ladies and keep me posted whether you get your bfps. :)
I check my account very regularly throughout the day, so if you ever need anyone to talk to you can guarentee Ill be lurking around somewhere, if not feel free to message me. :) - Ill lend a listening ear, and as much advice as I can.
x

lilmiss_91 id just like to add, having read about the early m/chem you experienced - im very sorry to hear this. But as ellberry said, im sure youve nothing to worry about.

Luckily, weve the all got the benefit of being young on our side. Im sure we'll all go on to have healthy bouncing babies when the time is right. :) x

Hi everyone :) I'm very new to this and was looking for other young ones to talk to :) I'm 19, 20 in april and OH is 20 and was originally going to wait but we have waited 2 years so now is right for us :) We live together and have been together almost 4 years and are both in jobs so we have decided to try now :flower: I'm looking for buddies to talk to and go through this journey with seeing as most of my firends barr 1 who is pregnant are in a party lifestyle so don't really want to talk to them about this kinda stuff :haha:

Hi ladies mind if I join? I'm 19, 20 in december, and have been trying with dh for almost a year and a half. I check cm and cp and think I have a generally idea when I ov. but no opk's or temping so I think it technically considered ntnp.
I've been to the dr. after a year and she did a few blood test (like thyroid, prolactin, and lipid profile) which doesn't really explain a lot about infertility. She said to try opk's for 6 months to a year and if nothing happens then she'll have me and DH come in for an infertility appointment. It took DH's parents 3 years to get pregnant with him (without any help from a doctor) so in his brain its normal for it to take that long. So even though he's willing to have the tests done for me, he's doesn't think that its necessary for another year and a half. So we'll see what happens come April.

Good luck everybody this cycle. I'm really excited to have people my age to talk to. Oh and I'm on cd 12 right now.

hello mattsgirl
sorry to her about the struggle youve had ttc! i hope you get a bfp very soon. bless you. ive been doing the same as you, for 10 cycles. and although its not as long as you, i can relate to how you are feeling.
i think you should try with what your doctor has suggested, youve got an advantage, being young, youve got time on your side.
im also 19, 20 in march.
xx

HI jayjay, I remember 10 months and how terrible that was. I wish I could tell you that it gets easier, but the closer and closer you get to that year mark the harder it gets. I really hope it happens for you soon.
I am planning on trying opk's next month if it doesn't happen this month. But the ones I want to try are the clear blue ones with the smiley face so I don't have to try and guess with the darkness of the lines, but they're kinda expensive. But just gonna give in and do it so I can relieve as much stress as possible.

I appreciate your honest, at saying it doesn't get easier. The support of the ladies on this forum is fantastic.
It gives me a place to rant and symptom spot, and I get to ask questions and say things that my partner would think I was crazy for if I share them with him haha. Its a godsend. :) Its good to have a place where your not judged and people dont get fed up of talking about the same thing - concieving. Have you been coming on here long?

Good luck with opks. I havent been temping or doing opks or anything like that. I think that they'd tip me over the edge with obsession hahaha! I hope you get your bfp before even having to buy opks. Good luck this cycle xx

I signed up here a year ago and have posted on and off depending on if I could find a thread that I feel like I fit in. The obsession thing is another reason why I haven't tried opk's yet. But at this point I think it'll help so I'm not stressing the whole cycle if I've o'd yet. But if I don't have to buy them and get a bfp then that would be FANTASTIC!
There's a lot of great people on this forum. They have great advice and support that men can't always give. As much as DH wants a baby too he doesn't understand the physical and emotional pain we go through every month. All my friends started ttc the same time as I did and the have all gotten pregnant and they're babies are almost a year old and they are really sympathetic and don't rub their babies in my face but they don't really want to talk about ttc all the time and sometimes thats what I need. Sooo thankful to have this place.

Well I hope you get on well with opks. :) Im considering using some one month, just to clarify that I really do ovulate. Because Im sure I read somewhere you can have af without o.. Itd be awful to think Id been trying but not actually o'ing all this time!

Bless you, its horrible when your friends fall before you, your over the moon for them but you just dont understand why it isnt you! My friends fall in to two categories, the girls who want to go out partying 4 nights a week, and the girls who fall pregnant at the drop of a hat (or should i say at the drop of their panties!) not fair!

Yea my friends are either moms or are single and don't have plans to change that any time soon. I think I missed o this time around (we'll know next week) so probably gonna have to try opks. DH has been really sweet. We went to dinner with his family yesterday and his brothers wife was saying how she has a big appetite and FIL said "why are you expecting again?" I was sitting across from her and I thought I was going to die!! It felt like she paused forever. Eventually she said not that she knew of. But they have 3 kids that are 3, 2, and 8 months old. Not that I wouldn't have been happy to have another niece or nephew, but that would have been 2 babies for them in the period of time that we have been trying. When I told DH last night how I felt he was really sweet. He wrapped me up in his arms and said that he would go get checked out. I told him that he doesn't need to do that because in the end we could end up spending thousands of dollars doing test and and treatments and in the end we still have no control over if anything happens.

Hope your having a better couple days than me.

Oh bless you. Its awesome your oh is so supportive. Brownie points to him.
I keep telling myself that I should appreciate the time I have with my partner before we're distracted by a babies arrival. My thoughts are with you in hope that you get a bfp very soon. Although you feel like your out, dont loose hope, af isnt here yet..
Ive heard lots of women saying opks is the way forward! and is what worked for them. Personally Ive not tried it but I know it has a good success rate as obviously it helps get timing right.

Well, Im in limbo. I have a 29-32 day cycle, Im on day 31, and although af doesnt seem to be showing any sign of appearing, that doesn't mean she wont. So I'm on the edge of my seat haha, I've never had a cycle longer than 32 days, so I've really got my fingers crossed that this'll be it. But I took a test on friday morning which was bfn, so if AF does happen to show it won't be too much of a suprise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->