Just a young one here, new to NTNP

Hello :) I know how you feel. I'm caught between waiting to conceive until after my wedding, but I can't help but hope that maybe this month we'll get a little surprise :) Also, I'm constantly worried that something might be wrong with me but what I have to remember is it can take anywhere from 3 months, to 6 months, to over a year for a woman to get pregnant. And then there are those lucky ones who get pregnant almost instantly after getting off birth control.
I am young as well. I'll be 20 in just a few months and I'll be married in June.

Hello :) I know how you feel. I'm caught between waiting to conceive until after my wedding, but I can't help but hope that maybe this month we'll get a little surprise :) Also, I'm constantly worried that something might be wrong with me but what I have to remember is it can take anywhere from 3 months, to 6 months, to over a year for a woman to get pregnant. And then there are those lucky ones who get pregnant almost instantly after getting off birth control.
I am young as well. I'll be 20 in just a few months and I'll be married in June.

Wow, I didn't realise there were still replies coming on this post :) we sound in a similar position, me and OH are only NTNP until things are more settled, kind of if it happens it was meant to happen and if it doesn't well, it wasn't! Congratulations on the wedding :D cor, nearly 20... that makes me feel a bit old :S lol. I'm the same, I have to remind myself occasionally that just because I didn't fall pregnant the first day off of birth control it doesn't mean there's something wrong with me lol :blush:

I think I know better but I still get worried every once and a while. It'll happen when it's meant to be.

Hi Guys,
I have been looking on the site for a while, this is probably where I fit in best, so thought I would introduce myself !
I'm 23, not married or ever planning on getting married, but living with my boyfriend in a house we bought together 3yrs ago...
Thats how I've decided on NTNP, his family doesn't agree with our choice not to get married, so I'm worried how they will react when I tell them we're pregnant.. I just want it to be a positive experience :)
Him & I both feel ready, so NTNP it is !.. I just went off my pill a couple weeks ago so i'm at step 1 and VERY excited !!
Hi everyone ! :hi:

Hi Guys,
I have been looking on the site for a while, this is probably where I fit in best, so thought I would introduce myself !
I'm 23, not married or ever planning on getting married, but living with my boyfriend in a house we bought together 3yrs ago...
Thats how I've decided on NTNP, his family doesn't agree with our choice not to get married, so I'm worried how they will react when I tell them we're pregnant.. I just want it to be a positive experience :)
Him & I both feel ready, so NTNP it is !.. I just went off my pill a couple weeks ago so i'm at step 1 and VERY excited !!
Hi everyone ! :hi:

Firstly Welcome to BnB & second thing is that people change when there is a baby involved. well most people do at least, my mom always wanted me to be 26 when i had my first but we ended up getting pregnant at 20 & not married yet (sadly losing baby k at 12 wks) but she could not have been happier.
Good Luck :)

Good luck to everyone else who has joined! I do apologise for the limited amount of posts from me :( I am working a 48 hour shift work atm as well as trying to find another house for December 1st! So stressed!

I'm now in the "2 week wait" as such, but being this busy I have not managed to make myself sit and think about symptoms, so still calm about the whole thing. I too am 18, OH is 24, age gap was a slight problem but my parents love him, and surprisingly big bro still likes him 2 years later! I wish everybody the best if luck, no matter stage you are at remember that it WILL happen!!
Will keep you guys updated when I can, its lovely knowing that I have always got you guys on here :)

P.s Am I the only one from UK/Ireland? Lol :) :)

Lots of love and babydust.
Alexx

Firstly Welcome to BnB & second thing is that people change when there is a baby involved. well most people do at least, my mom always wanted me to be 26 when i had my first but we ended up getting pregnant at 20 & not married yet (sadly losing baby k at 12 wks) but she could not have been happier.
Good Luck :)

:) Thanks for your reply, It makes it a lot easier to hear people going through similar situations. And I agree, things change when there is a baby involved, Hopefully they will be just as excited as we are !

Good luck to everyone else who has joined! I do apologise for the limited amount of posts from me :( I am working a 48 hour shift work atm as well as trying to find another house for December 1st! So stressed!

I'm now in the "2 week wait" as such, but being this busy I have not managed to make myself sit and think about symptoms, so still calm about the whole thing. I too am 18, OH is 24, age gap was a slight problem but my parents love him, and surprisingly big bro still likes him 2 years later! I wish everybody the best if luck, no matter stage you are at remember that it WILL happen!!
Will keep you guys updated when I can, its lovely knowing that I have always got you guys on here :)

P.s Am I the only one from UK/Ireland? Lol :) :)

Lots of love and babydust
Alexx

No worries! I haven't exactly been on here a lot in the last couple of months either, what with one thing and another!
Wow that's a pretty tight time frame you're working with, Dec 1st. Lots of luck in the house hunting department :).

I think it's the idea of the age gap that worries people mostly, but after a while they just how happy that person makes you and they forget about the age issue :).

I'm from the UK too so you're not alone! :)

xx

Hey ladies hope your doing good. It seems like quite a few ladies on here have big age gaps between them and their OH's. Which makes me feel better (having a 8 and a half year age gap between me and DH)

I'm just waiting for AF to go away. But got my opks today (theres only 7 test so not going to crazy) unfortunatly theyre not the digital ones that I wanted but at least it's a little something to try and take the stress away. Also got mucinex which I will start on cd 11. So think I'm set for this cycle. FX it's not for nothing.

Dang it!! I just read a bunch of reviews on the opks that I bought and it seems that about 50% of the people who bought them didn't like them or they didn't work for them. So now I'm kinda sad and feel like I wasted money.

mattsgirl- i did opk's for a while and it seriously seemed like everytime i did them i was to early or to late. so i stopped wasting my money lol i use an app called PTracker on my phone and it helped me get my BFP lastnigh, best app ive ever had!

Thank you! I found the app last night and it is telling me that my o day is right around the time that I thought it was. I'll try the opks for this month and see what happens. If I get a positive at least I'll have a better general idea of when I o. And if I don't get a positive at least I'll be able to tell the doc.'s come April that I tried them and we can continue with the testing.

Hope you ladies are doing good!

no problem, the best part is the period log which averaged out your periods so you also have a general idea of when to use the OPK's.

Yea its really cool. And thankfully I have all my cycle dates all the way back from March of 2011 when we started. So it has all the crazy cycles in there too. And I don't have to wait for it to get to know. My cycle.

Hey! I'm new on here! Just thought I'd introduce myself :) I feel I fit in best here. I'm 19 just married in July. DH is 24 and this is our second month of NTNP. I accidentally got pregnant a little over a year ago and m/c at 6 weeks. We have been more careful since then but recently had a scare and decided to start NTNP!

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself! I'm new on here so just trying to figure all this out! :)

Sorry about the double post lol! Thank you :) I am also using an app on my phone called pink pad. According to it I should ovulate around the 12th so we'll see!

Hi all,
Just joined this site today on a referral from my best friend. My story in a nut shell.. I am 23, been with my man for 2 years. He is 28 and has a 6 year old daughter from a previous relationship.
I went off bc back iin Feb 2012. Had my last af the last week in Feb. Before ever starting bc af was very erratic. Usually anywhere from 1.5-2 months apart so I knew it would probably take awhile for them to become regular again after going off the pill. Welll i ended up going 8 months without af! Which was very disappointing since the reason i went off the pill in Feb was so that we could hopefully start ttc in the spring. Just last week wednesday I finally got my first period since! Never been so excited to see it! So im going to attempt charting again, I finally have my 1st appt with my new gyno next week. Hoping for the best! And hoping t doesn't take 8 months before af comes again! (unless i get preggo of course :winkwink: )

Would love to hear from anyone with a similar experience going off the pill! Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->