Just after youve given birth...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by NoSpringChick, Apr 7, 2009.

1. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

After youve given birth, like that day and the next, what does your belly look like?
    Does it flop and go saggy (as I assume the skin needs time to spring back) or do you look still pregnant but just less so?

Just wondered what to expect :blush:

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Your belly will contract down in up to 8 days (well I think that's how long it was) and I had a little pouch at the bottom of my belly (yuck!)

3. NoSpringChick

Well I had one of those anyway :dohh::blush:
    8 days seems quite quick though!!!
    Thanks for that :baby:

4. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

Mine lookd quite flabby, not as bad as I was expecting

5. NoSpringChick

Thanks rta :) I might be imagining worse than it would be as I keep thinking it must seem pretty empty straight afterwards - I bet it feels weird at first and takes time to get used to having an empty tum!

6. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Lmaoo, just made me remember mine and it was soo funny.
    I didnt take note of my belly until i got up off bed, to have a bath, no lie it must have been to my kness, lmaooo, i was huge at 40+4 had put on over 3 stone, but i was being dragged down by muy gut. I started to slightly back to normal in week, but i never got rid of my saggy bit, gutted! :( lol

7. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

wow you guys are pretty lucky. I was HUGE last time around. When I left the hospital, 4 days after giving birth, I still looked about 6 months pregger. I think that it took me about 3 weeks to not look pregnant.

8. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

I remember going in the bath after I had him and thinking 'hmm not as bad as I thought, then my brother turned up and asked me when I'd stop looking pregnant lol

I still looked a bit pregnant but a bit deflated if that makes sense...

xxx

9. NoSpringChick

hey I will take 6 months size! :happydance:

LOL at the knee warmers - I cant talk as I have put on over 4 stone, but I don't think it's all in the belly so this could be just as well!:dohh:

I don't mind still looking quite big 3 weeks after, as 3 weeks is no time at all really - will just make sure i am pushing the pram so people dont ask if I am overdue!

10. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

I am and always have been very slim (apart from when I was pregnant obv!) and after I'd given birth my belly was still quite big, like when you first start to get a bump, then it kind of went into a pouch. I breastfed for 2 weeks and that helped contract my tummy back in a bit although I found the whole contracting in thing uncomfortable but was glad to get back into my pre pregnancy jeans after about 8/9 days :)

11. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I almost died when I seen my tummy afer I gave birth the first time lmao! if i touched it it felt like my hand would just go straight through, but me and OH had a laugh about it lol. the second time was not as bad though for some reason x

12. NoSpringChick

Oh I am not even hoping to get into my normal jeans for at least 2 months so I wont be too disappointed, unless fluid goes quickly?

I swelled up in the leg department as soon as I got my bfp unfortuantely. I think I hold alot of water weight - i recently lost 5 stone and I know that means I have more fat cells than people who havnt been overweight and they can be filled back up with water really easily.

13. NoSpringChick

LMAO stop youre making it sound too scary :muaha:

No one ever shows after baby tummy pics, ywt we love to show them off while getting bigger.

14. lepaskilf

lepaskilf Guest

There is a website called www.shapeofamother.com It has loads of pics of mums before during and mainly after pregnancy that they have put on. :) It's really good xxx

15. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

It went down pretty quickly. I remember looking at it in the shower a day later & was really werid being able to see my feet. But after a week i would say it was nearly back to how it was before.
    I remember my aunty saying when you stand up after just given birth the feeling of your belly saggy down is really weird... but i didnt get that as i had a epidural.

16. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

mine seemed really strange to me i still looked pregnant much less pregnant though but it felt all soft which was so strange at first lol

17. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

Mine was like this!

18. nfm3

nfm3 Well-Known Member

My first baby...I brought an outfit I used to wear when I just got a bump thinking I should fit it with no problem for the trip home from the hospital. No cigar. I would have been better off with something that fit at the end of the second trimester--I agree with the poster that said 6 mos belly. That is the type of belly that nobody has to hesitate to ask if you're pregnant. It was down much much smaller within 2 weeks (kind of flabby but relatively flat) but right after giving birth I still looked pregnant though not AS PREGNANT. Very soft and squishy and kind of tender because of the after pains (kind of like period cramps).

Truth be told I really didn't care...I was just so glad to be able to roll over and sleep on my stomach again. I certainly didn't feel pregnant anymore. It took me a while to fit into my skinny jeans again though--more than 2 months. Things had spread and shifted. I think it's better to give yourself plenty of time. Think 9 months up so 9 months down. If you go back quicker GREAT but if not you don't have to beat yourself up over it---you know? That being said--it didn't take me nine months at all with the breastfeeding.

19. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

I remember mine looking like a deflated balloon!! It feels very strange and you kind of miss your bump for a while, especially for resting your cuppas on LOL

20. dizzyspells

dizzyspells Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx

Thought my belly looked liked a popped balloon after I had my daughter sooo weird and it never went back to normal but was 42 weeks so think I was over streched!!x