Just at thought for those testing...

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Once you get a positive..however faint it may be...get in to the Drs asap and have an HCG done as well as your progesterone tested..ask for this specifically...I had two MCs because my progesterone levels werent rising enough on their own..I got it tested at 11DPO with my first faint faint positive and it was very very low and started prometrium that day thanks to my amazing gyno...and Im now 20 weeks along..I feel like if more women knew to ask to get progesterone levels checked as well... some early MCs might be prevented...good luck ladies!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I had the same problem! It wasn't until after my third MC that I found out about it. I switched OB's right after finding out I was pregnant for the 3rd time and when she heard I had 2 previous MC's she ordered the levels to be checked. We caught it too late that time around, but when I got pregnant with my son a few months after that she started me on the Permetrium right away, and now my little shishkakbob is 8 months old :)

I had the same problem! It wasn't until after my third MC that I found out about it. I switched OB's right after finding out I was pregnant for the 3rd time and when she heard I had 2 previous MC's she ordered the levels to be checked. We caught it too late that time around, but when I got pregnant with my son a few months after that she started me on the Permetrium right away, and now my little shishkakbob is 8 months old :)

Aww thats great hun!!..this is our little miracle Clomid+Prometrium baby....I think its something they should automatically test for when they do HCG tests...

I agree! My OB told me that low progesterone was a very common cause for early MC's but yet most OB's still don't bother to check it out :( Could prevent alot of heartache for women if they did!

The only problem is that many UK GPs will refuse this. They will only do the dipstick test-and theirs is rubbish! Some might do it, but until you have three miscarriages here they won't start to help you.

^^^wss

Yep, UK GPs will not do any tests in the first few weeks, some wont even do urine test if you have a positive HPT, and very few even offer a blood test. Progesterone check? You'd be lucky!!

Sometimes I really wish we had the US medical system..!

It's the same in Ireland, my GP did a urine test which was negative and told me that home tests are far more accurate than the ones GPs use! I wonder has no-one told them about internet cheapies?!

My SIL had two miscarriages in recent years. When she got pregnant a third time, the doctor said that it may very well happen again but nothing could be done about it on the public healthcare system till she'd had 3 miscarriages. She changed to the private system and was given progesterone, and had a successful pregnancy.

It's a horrible, horrible system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->