Just back from A&E

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I feel so drained DH and I have been TTC for 5 years and I am 5+3 today and been cramping since I got up, never thought much of it but At 3.30pm I started bleeding. more than spotting, I had to put a towel on. Was advised by NHS24 to go to a&e which I did. Doctor was so nice, said he's confident its not an ectopic but he can't be sure if its just normal pregnancy bleed for this stage or a threatened miscarriage :cry: I will be contacted to go in for a scan monday/tuesday (he thinks monday) as he says thats the only way of knowing but the early pregnancy unit don't scan over the weekend :nope: - I don't know how I'm going to cope that long. I know spotting is normal around this stage as the placenta is forming and burrowing in, and infact I had spotting with my DS around 6 weeks and we will be celebrating his 10th birthday in a few weeks, but this is more than I had with him and has been constant since 3pm this afternoon. I feel heartbroken, I don't know how i'd cope with losing another pregnancy (lost 2 previous, earlier than this) and to add to the matter I think my DH would take this one really bad. Almost feel as though if this pregnancy doesn't work out then maybe I'll just stop ttc, I just can't cope with the heartache. I'm praying that buba is just burrowing in deep and that its implantation bleeding but I guess you just can't help but fear the worst. Apparently my HCG levels were 8500 which I believe is pretty high for 5 and a half weeks, anyone know?

I'm sorry you've had such an awful day. I'm glad the doctor was nice and EPU can get you in for a scan on Monday though. I'll keep everything crossed for you. I Had spotting at 6 weeks with my son. Prior to that though I had two MMC's so know that you can just never tell and everyone is different. It's such a hard situation to be in xxxx

around 5 weeks i spotted only twice and it was tan and very light. the first time it lasted for an hour. the second time, caused by orgasm, lasted all day long. i havent had spotting since then and since it seems to be quite common when i look around at other topics, it appears that we all had spotting around the same time in pregnancy and, for me, the baby is doing perfect. so maybe it is just implantation bleeding. my first midwife appointment she told me the baby is still implanting and this was told before the spotting occurred(4wk+6 appt)

oh and i also had daily cramping but twice a day at most. my cramping did transition to a more menstrual-like feeling with the occasional previous cramps although those are rare as to how im feeling now.

Thank you ladies, I knew there would be others on here who've experienced the same things, its nice to know your not alone. As as said I spotted with my DS who is a very active 10 year old now but it wasn't this much. The bleeding does appear to be slowing but has changed from a light pink to a horrible brown color. I hope its just IB [-o<

Anyone know what the hcg levels are normally for 5+3 weeks?

I haven't had any experience with spotting that early on, I had a teeny bit at 10w2d... but I did want to give you some comfort and let you know that my HCG levels at 24dpo... which if I'm counting correctly is 5w3d was 4650 and my little nugget is right on track. Your number sounds great! Praying everything goes good!!

I haven't had any experience with spotting that early on, I had a teeny bit at 10w2d... but I did want to give you some comfort and let you know that my HCG levels at 24dpo... which if I'm counting correctly is 5w3d was 4650 and my little nugget is right on track. Your number sounds great! Praying everything goes good!!

Thanks huni. According to my dates I am 23dpo so thank you, good to know that my numbers are good. I had a quick google and it said averge hcg levels at 5 weeks range from 18-7340 so 8500 is above average. Praying that's a good sign but as the doctor said a single reading doesn't tell us anything, it's the rise or fall of the hcg that indicates how things are going. I'm hoping they will repeat bloods on Monday as well as give me a scan.

I'd think since it turned to brown that it may be a good sign. Brown = old so maybe you're just at the end of your bleeding and all will be normal now. There is a lady on here who only had bleeding with her two live children and not her miscarriages. Are there Amy clots in your blood?

I want to wish you well and hope what you see on your early scan on Monday is what is normal for 6ish weeks. Heads up. Assume everything is fine until you hear otherwise.

Thank you Mod. X

All the bleeding had stopped by bed time last night but has started again today :(

Have you had sex recently? I know in my early weeks sex would make me bleed. Also it could be a sub chroinic (spelling?) Hemorrhage that is also very common and causes no harm to baby and usually clears up by week 12 on its own. There are a lot of reasons for bleeding in the first tri so try not to stress too much and stay away from Google. Google is not your friend right now.

I know how hard TTC can be. I tried for 4 years for #1 with two ectopics. Its hard to have faith that one will make it, but it will! Despite what anyone else says you need to have this babies side and stay positive that in 8 months you'll be holding a crying, pooping, puking bundle of joy :)

I had a really heavy (clots n all) bleed early on in this pregnancy and my son is still in there, healthy and kicking away. Good luck <3 xx

Have you had sex recently? I know in my early weeks sex would make me bleed. Also it could be a sub chroinic (spelling?) Hemorrhage that is also very common and causes no harm to baby and usually clears up by week 12 on its own. There are a lot of reasons for bleeding in the first tri so try not to stress too much and stay away from Google. Google is not your friend right now.

I know how hard TTC can be. I tried for 4 years for #1 with two ectopics. Its hard to have faith that one will make it, but it will! Despite what anyone else says you need to have this babies side and stay positive that in 8 months you'll be holding a crying, pooping, puking bundle of joy :)

No, there has been no sex. I've been so busy with a uni exam and various things that I am way too tired to be thinking about that :haha:

I have stayed away from google, to be honest I've not been on line much as not been in a social mood for forums etc.

I had a really heavy (clots n all) bleed early on in this pregnancy and my son is still in there, healthy and kicking away. Good luck <3 xx

That must have been such a concern for you, I am so pleased it turned out well!

I had a scan today, it was inconclusive. A yolk sac was visable but she was querying the fetal pole, and there certainly wasn't a heartbeat. I have to go back in 10 days. Going to be a long wait.

Did they see any other reason why there might be bleeding? Has it stopped yet?

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment :( it's my first pregnancy though. I started bleeding but had very bad cramps as well and went to the doctors who scanned and said the gestational sac and yolk sac were all there but no fetal pole yet but I was measuring right on time and at that time often we can't see the fetus yet. So I went home feeling a little relieved but yesterday I started bleeding again lots with clots and am in so so much pain. I think mine is over. Going to the hospital again today to get checked out again. Hopefully they might be able to give me some pain killers this time. I would be almost 6w. Anyway, if you don't have any cramping, then that's a good sign. I've heard lots of stories about women who bled even with clots and still had a healthy baby.

Did they see any other reason why there might be bleeding? Has it stopped yet?

No they didn't say why they thought I was bleeding. Although the doctor at a&e kept telling me its quite normal for this stage to get some spotting and bleeding as long as its not got clots or too heavy.

To be honest I have had two previous miscarriages, both VERY different to this, the blood was literally running from me, to the point I had to call hubby home from work as it was like a blood bath in the bedroom (sorry tmi) and I was doubled in two with stomach pains and had to be rushed into hospital, so thats definitely reassuring me that this time the cramps are very mild and had i not been spotting I would have thought nothing of them. All bleeding and cramping has stopped so I'm taking a lot of comfort in that and I am carrying on as though the pregnancy is still viable until proven otherwise. Perhaps a risky way to do it because i'll be devastated if things don't work out but if I don't believe everything's ok then the next week will be torture! PMA!! :thumbup:

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment :( it's my first pregnancy though. I started bleeding but had very bad cramps as well and went to the doctors who scanned and said the gestational sac and yolk sac were all there but no fetal pole yet but I was measuring right on time and at that time often we can't see the fetus yet. So I went home feeling a little relieved but yesterday I started bleeding again lots with clots and am in so so much pain. I think mine is over. Going to the hospital again today to get checked out again. Hopefully they might be able to give me some pain killers this time. I would be almost 6w. Anyway, if you don't have any cramping, then that's a good sign. I've heard lots of stories about women who bled even with clots and still had a healthy baby.

I'm so sorry your also going through this also :hugs:. How are things with you now?

I think its great that you are looking at this from a positive outlook. That's what baby needs right now.

Well after my appointment they actually found two gestational sacs, two yolk sacs, two fetal poles, all of which wasn't there 2 days ago (well one gestational sac and a yolk sac was) I would have been 5w +6. The doctor wanted to schedule a d&c though because she said she saw no heartbeats! I asked if I could wait a week until I am 7w before doing anything like that. She seemed reluctant but agreed. It's caused me a lot of worry that she is so pessimistic and I'm a naturally pessimistic person too but a d&c at 5+6 and there was development over 2 days? I think that might be a big hasty. Anyway for my own peace of mind I'm waiting. I asked for them to check my blood but they wouldn't! Said they can see everything from the ultrasound. This waiting is agonising. I go back again tomorrow (Friday). Just hoping to see some little flickers!

I'm hoping you see two flickers too! And even if you don't with your eyes make sure they let you have a listen. I couldn't see the flicker with my scan at 7w but the heartbeat was strong at 151 BPM. My untrained eyes didn't know what I was looking for I guess. I absolutely think you made the right decision and I'm glad you did. I'm still trying to wrapy head around why they would want to do a d&c so quickly. Do not let them pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do, being a different country or not. This is your body and your babies. The Dr there has no emotional attachment to them but it sounds as if that's just how it is there? I dunno I've never been there but you still need to stick up and fight for your babies. As advanced as Japan is I can't believe your Dr out of anyone wanted you to get rid of them so quick.

Well after my appointment they actually found two gestational sacs, two yolk sacs, two fetal poles, all of which wasn't there 2 days ago (well one gestational sac and a yolk sac was) I would have been 5w +6. The doctor wanted to schedule a d&c though because she said she saw no heartbeats! I asked if I could wait a week until I am 7w before doing anything like that. She seemed reluctant but agreed. It's caused me a lot of worry that she is so pessimistic and I'm a naturally pessimistic person too but a d&c at 5+6 and there was development over 2 days? I think that might be a big hasty. Anyway for my own peace of mind I'm waiting. I asked for them to check my blood but they wouldn't! Said they can see everything from the ultrasound. This waiting is agonising. I go back again tomorrow (Friday). Just hoping to see some little flickers!

I agree that its way too early to be scheduling a d+c! How did your ultrasound go on Friday?

I'm sorry I haven't been on, I had more bleeding on Friday and feeling a bit anti social. Still got loads of pregnancy symptoms though is am still hopeful for the scan on Thursday!! Can't come quick enough!

Only a few more days and you'll have your answer. Hope all goes well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->