Just been put on IVF wait list!! anyone from NZ on here??

libbymarks198

Reaction score
having mixed emotions right now, after 9 unsuccessful rounds of clomid and trying for almost 3 years we have finally been put on the waitlist for IVF. We have our first consult in a week, then the waitlist is approx 10 months then 1-13 months on top of that before we get IVF. I am in NZ and am going with fertility associates as we get public funding for 2 cycles.
I am so nervous as I don't know what to expect, what this process is going to be like, how to cope with waiting on the waiting list. I have support from those around me but know one who knows what I am going through and even my husband isn't that great he is not a big talker about this kind of stuff, but also so excited to get this ball rolling, I am 24 so I am also glad we found all this out so young and we have a lot of time on our hands :)

Hi hun,

I'm from New Zealand and also went through FA for our first round (privately funded) and whilst that wasn't successful we have 7 x frosties after using 2 for FETs. We were with Repromed for our public round and got our BFP in April. It's been a long journey. We are young too in the scheme of things, started all this when we were 27 and TTC when 26 so we are also glad that we started TTC when we did, although I wish we started when we got married 5 years ago!

If you want to, I've created a FB group for women in NZ doing IVF, on the waitlist etc. there's a great group of ladies on there who are SO supportive and can answer all your questions you may have. It's not too large, just 70 or so women. Just an option for you to make sure you get all the support you need xx

Take care! It is an exciting time getting the start on things and going on the list!

oh that would be great thank you! I would love to talk to people who are going through it in NZ. I also want to know some important questions that I should ask in my first appointment...
what is the Facebook page called or do you need to add me, my Facebook name is Libby Ellmers

we have been doing clomid with Genea Fertility in chch privately but cant afford to do IVF ourselves so we were super glad we qualified for public funding, i am hoping seen we have done the clomid we might be top of the list but i am not sure how it works the letter was so confusing!!

Hey Libby, I'll PM you on FB, so check your "Others" messages folder for my email so I can add you as it's a secret group and cannot be searched for.

Re doing clomid, that alone won't bump you up the list. Doesn't seem to matter what the reasoning is or what you've done before, you have to wait on the list like everyone else! What matters though is that you are on the list and that will be due to receiving enough "points" in the system to qualify for public funding.

Will message you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->