Just bought our cot bed - bargain! (pictures)

magicbubble

Reaction score
Alright for a pound I think :) we found out on ebay.now to find drawers, wardrobe and bedside cabinet :) I

Attachments

• snap20110403_211337.jpg
    snap20110403_211337.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 83
  • snap20110403_211341.jpg
    snap20110403_211341.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 42
Wow what a bargain! Well done you! Need to get checking Ebay i think but I've got most of my stuff anyways lol xxx

i know i love a bargain! and if it looks like new i dont care if its second hand :)

i think i might try getting most things from ebay - big furniture i mean. i really want a little wooden toybox but havent found a cheap one yet.

you should get yourself on there claire :) i know you said you have most stuff but just out of interest what do you still need to get? we need to get everything (except a cotbed now hehe)

2nd hand is fab stuff! And some of it is barely used at all.

All I have left to get is cot and moses basket sheets, bath, room and baby thermometres.... and that's pretty much it! Lol I'm very organised! xxx

Excellent bargain hunting, I am impressed :)

wow y ou are very organised claire :) you are only a couple of weeks ahead of me and we are total opposite ends of the spectrum :lol: i was going to get bedding from ebay but after seeing some second hand clothes or sheets at the nearly new sale on saturday some things that looked like they were meant to be white looked somewhat grey, so now we have saved over £100 on a cot maybe husband will let me spend nearly 100 on bedding.... i doubt it though :lol:

thanks ladies :) i just want to get it and build it now so i can see if it is ok. dont know when we will go any pick it up :)

I'd definately buy new on sheets and covers. Although I did see some cheap ones on ebay that were new. Will be keeping an eye out. Or, a tip my sister gave me and I didn't use lol, was buy a big flat sheet (you can get them cheap from ASDA) and cut them to size for the cot. I ended up doing it when my son went into his toddler bed though and was really easy to wash etc. xxx

Great bargain !
I wanted a Mamas and Papas 9 in 1 and it was £750 in the shop and with this being my 3rd dont want to go too daft so went on ebay and got the exact same pram for £175 inc car seat etc doesnt even look like its been used :)
I love ebay !!!

wow! you saved hundereds! well done you :)

claire - thats a great tip. thanks :) i might have to try it

Wow, makes it seem real seeing it there in the room :)

Looks good!

wowwww, im impressed!!!

me too sophie :lol: i once won a piano for a pound on ebay but my mum wouldnt let me get it - no room or transport haha

daisy - it does. its not in a room in my house :) we still have to pick it up. but then it will be in a room and real in my house. im going mad looking at bedding online now :)

Cool, bet youve never been so excited to pick an e bay buy up :)

Are buying all nursery things now? just been nosey.hehe

x

ive never really got anything from ebay before :) im rubbish at ebay, i sold a printer once for £40 but felt bad as it had no ink in it at ink is expensive so gave it away for free to the buyer. i had to pay postage aswell! then normally i bid, win but then back out and dont buy.

husband did this one. he is so much better than me :)

we are getting furniture hopefully before may as thats when he goes away, and i want to paint a wall before then but if i can be patient we will probably add bits bit by bit. the cot is the first proper thing we have bought for baby :) what about you?

Well you did well then.

Ermm...ive got ideas of what i want but i darent buy anything yet.But thats just me thinking negatively.
Got scan in 2 weeks, will prob buy few things after then.
OH doesnt want to get big items yet as we move in a couple of months anyway.

I'm thinking pale pastel green for nursery.You?

x

im the same, havent wanted to get anything till after the scan. but the scan is tomorrow and the cotbed was only £1 so would be no money wasted there. :)

i was thinking green too :) but a darker shade. i love green. might have to look at some pictures of nurseries to get more ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->