Just came across this name, opinions please?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Kezia, with the nickname Kizzy?? Or even Kizzy on its own? I think it's kind of cute and a bit unusual, but not too different iykwim. What do you think?

Hmm not keen but then I like tradidional old peoples names

Hmm not keen but then I like tradidional old peoples names

Apparently it is a very old name. I have heard it before, I think there was a character on 'The Bill' called Kezia, and in a book we read at school as a child was a story about a young gypsy girl called Kizzy. I like older names too, my tastes have changed, I used to like modern names, but just can't seem to find 'the' name for a girl.

I think its pretty :) would it go with your other children's names though?

I think its pretty :) would it go with your other children's names though?

Hmm, I dont know, my childrens names are:-

Shani
Sofia
Franklin
Sonny
Evie
Madeleine (Maddie)

What do you reckon?

I like it! I was at school with a girl called Kezia so it seems like a fairly 'norma'l name iykwim?

seems modern and trendy to me

In a good or bad way? Its an old testament name apparently :shrug:. Its a name that I quite like, but im not in love with it, but then no girl name seems to be 'the' one, there are plenty that I just like. The only one that comes close for me is Phoebe, but DH hates it with a passion, so I think there's zero chance :nope:

Its a biblical name. I think a wife of Job maybe. I like it. Traditional but sounds modern

seems modern and trendy to me

In a good or bad way? Its an old testament name apparently :shrug:. Its a name that I quite like, but im not in love with it, but then no girl name seems to be 'the' one, there are plenty that I just like. The only one that comes close for me is Phoebe, but DH hates it with a passion, so I think there's zero chance :nope:

In the way that K names, Z names and 'ie' names are very popular and fashionable now

I normally quite like girls names starting with K but this ones not my taste

I'm not keen but it's what you think that counts! I'm really struggling with a girls name x

Hmm I know what you mean, it doesn't jump out at me, just thought it was pretty and a bit different.

Just found another one, Maya.... This could actually work, my late Nan's name was Iris May, and I wanted to honour her by using her name as a middle name, so Maya Iris??

Hmm I know what you mean, it doesn't jump out at me, just thought it was pretty and a bit different.

Just found another one, Maya.... This could actually work, my late Nan's name was Iris May, and I wanted to honour her by using her name as a middle name, so Maya Iris??

cute, I like it :thumbup:

I used to be friends with a girl at school called Kezia, Kizzy for short. I like it , different / quite unusual but not too out there xx

I love Maya it was on my list pronounced May-a though rather than My-a

X

I love Maya it was on my list pronounced May-a though rather than My-a

X

Yes that's the pronounciation I prefer too :)

It does go with your other kids names but it really isn't for me, sorry!

I know a Kezia! It's a lovely name. I also love Maya but it's become much more popular in recent years where I am so I'd probably actively avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->