Just completely confused... Advice?

VeganNavyWife

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I'm awake at 3am just thinking. So it's kind of a long story but I'll start from the top. My husband and I got married 5 years ago an immediately stopped using all protection. I took those at home ovulation tests and I do ovulate. Yet I never once got pregnant. We've accepted this and haven't gone to a doctor yet to do anything about it. In November my husband left for navy boot camp and when he got out he randomly said "I want a baby now, for real" so I had to think about it (since we've gotten very used to our life) and finally came around to it. I went to the doctor im February and she said I have a lot of scar tissue due to endometriosis.

He came home for 2 weeks the last week of march/first week of April. I got a BCP rx to suppress my AF cause, well, I haven't seen him in 5 months. I took it for one week and it messed me up and I would t stop spotting so I stopped taking it. He was still home for another week after that. About 13 days after he left I started feeling extremely fatigued (not normal for me, I'm an insomniac), headaches, back aches, mild cramping, dizziess, gassy, bloated, now I have flu like symptoms, and an over all feeling of not feeling "normal". I've learned over the 5 years to not psych myself up, that stopped after the first year of TTC. Another weird thing is my friend gets morning sickness when a friend of hers gets pregnant, she had a hysterectomy a long time ago, but she started throwing up shortly after he left. I'm not gonna take that as a sign, it's just strange. I've never felt this way before, even when we first stopped using preventative care and I wanted a baby really badly. AF is scheduled for 2-4 days, should I just wait? Anyone else ever just "know"? It's like I know, but I keep telling myself it's not true cause I don't want to feel dumb or naive like I felt when we first started trying.

I just hate taking those tests and getting a negative and feeling really stupid. 5 years and I've never gotten a positive, I figure it's just not possible...

Any sign of AF yet?

I think lots of women "just know" but mainly only share that they "just knew" if they turned out to be right, you know what I mean?

You could test now if AF is due, but taking the pill for just one week could have really messed with your cycle too, so I'd try to hold out a bit longer. How long, I can't say.

:hugs:

Just one more thing to note - you said you're sure you ovulate based on those at home tests (OPKs). OPKs do not detect ovulation. They detect the surge of hormone that comes before ovulation, but do not confirm it actually happened. You can get a surge without actually ovulating. Ovulation can be confirmed after the fact by a sustained rise in basal body temperature.

If you aren't pregnant, I highly recommend charting your fertility signs (primarily basal body temperature). Check out the free website fertility friend (lots of ladies here use it), read through the education, watch the videos and start charting! It's very easy to do, in my opinion it is way more reliable than the pee sticks and you'll learn so much about your body! Also since you have been NTNP for so long it might be a good idea to do some basic testing - a sperm analysis for example.

Hugs. :hugs:

Well I started getting my ungodly endometriosis cramps yesterday. That means AF is coming. We have gone a long time without using protection, but we've never cared enough to chart, or get tested for problems. When I move to where he is the first of July, then we'll start taking it seriously, because we're not getting any younger. Thank you for your help Molly!

I'm a huge advocate of waiting to test after af is due becauseee if you do just so happen to have a chemical pregnancy it'll go undetected and u won't have to go they that mini heart break.
So, with that being said I gotta say.... Wait lol.

Oh btw, af is due for me in 2-4 days aswell :)

I just hate taking those tests and getting a negative and feeling really stupid. 5 years and I've never gotten a positive, I figure it's just not possible...

I'm right there with ya, we been 'going with the flow' for 17cycles.

Well I started getting my ungodly endometriosis cramps yesterday. That means AF is coming. We have gone a long time without using protection, but we've never cared enough to chart, or get tested for problems. When I move to where he is the first of July, then we'll start taking it seriously, because we're not getting any younger. Thank you for your help Molly!

Yeah I understand if you're not quite ready to get into taking it seriously yet.

Have you spoken with a doctor about your endometriosis and TTC? I'm pretty sure that endometriosis can often make it difficult to conceive.

It was weird, I told the doctor we have been having unprotected sex for 5 years now and never a positive reading, and she didn't seem concerned. Maye because she knew I was moving soon or what I don't know. She told me to just start taking pre natals when we wanted to try, I didn't tell her that I had done that already for a year. My mother told me I'll probably need a D&C to remove the scar tissue, but I guess I'll get it all figured out when I find my new doctor and let them know how serious we are. I get a lot of shrug offs because I'm heavily tattooed from my jaw to my finger tips and I have many piercings in my face. When I say we want a child doctors seem extremely surprised, and not very helpful. :-/

I just wanted to say that I'm trowing you lots and lots of baby dust, that is a long time to wait.
Those things you are describing all sound like pregnancy symptoms, but you're right not to psych yourself up (I know I could not, but then again I am new at this game) I would wait and see if you miss your period before taking a test. They are not that reliable before you miss your period.

Thank you! :)

I haven't gotten it yet, and no AF symptoms besides the cramping, but that cramping came during a horrendous night of coughing from this cold I have. I have a very vivid dream that I took a digital test and it said "kinda pregnant" lol, and i havent really been worrying about it after the negative test. AF Might be a little late now, or I might need to take another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->