just curious for those having c-sections

suzan

Reaction score
Dont take this personal, but I am so curious as to why did u choose to have a c-section??

Fear? U cant nnormally? Just curious!

im having a c-section due to having spina bifida & not able to give birth natually!

i had c section because after A 4 day labour i was only 5-6 cm dialated and was carrying twins. x

I think the wording of your question sounds a bit confrontational. In the majority of cases it is not a choice to have a c-section but because it is the safest way for the baby to arrive.

Even though i am still early on in my pregnancy my consultant has told me i may be able to give birth naturally but if i am having lots of seizures as i get further into my pregnancy they may choose to do a c-section as it may be the safest option

In my last pregnancy I begged for c-section as I had servre asthma attack and was scared labour would bring another on and I didnt want an emergancy one ...But my consultant said no way as My body would be ok in labour I took her word for it my baby was in destress and I had epidural by time it was in i needed to push so no section in the end ....I also know on the nsh you cant choose a section without good reason and being too posh to push or being scared isnt good enough

I'm having one because my baby is breech and they won't deliver vaginally.

Like Serena27 says you can't choose to have a section without there being a medical reason for it - as far as I know.....

No you can't and the original question did sound a bit arsey love. :D

I'd love to be able to give birth naturally (In a Woodland landscape as some would have it! :lol:) Anyway, this is my 3rd. My 1st was transverse breech, my 2nd was an emergency after a 30hr labour and now they say this one is compulsory. I don't think you'll find many ladies who'd choose to have a section over and above Natural birth without a very good reason.

i have to have c sections becuse i have a small pelvis and stop contacting at 3cms and other problems would of loved a natural birth xxxx

I am having a c-section since my last ended in an emergency one.

I'm sure you didn't mean the question to sound so confrontational, but it does come across that way.

I don;t think on the NHS you can 'opt' for a c-section. Maybe if you go private you can, and I know some celeb mums are ment to be opting for the 'mummy-tuck' (c-section and tummy tuck in one). But I'd say for your average women c-sections aren't seen as a choice, and they have to have them based on circumstances.

Apparently if you have one c-section, you can sometimes go on to have a normal delivery, but after 2 they have don;t give you a choice as the muscle has been cut too often and there is a chance of the wound re-openning.

In the UK C-sections account for about 25% of all births, but in Brazil that figuer is 80%. - A useless fact given at antenatal class.

Apparently if you have one c-section, you can sometimes go on to have a normal delivery, but after 2 they have don;t give you a choice as the muscle has been cut too often and there is a chance of the wound re-openning.

I am TTC no 3 and after 2 c-sections have been told it is actually possible to go on and have a vbac .. for other multiple c-section mummies here is some info on it https://www.homebirth.org.uk/vba2c.htm

Mine certainly isn't by choice. My baby is a footling breech, meaning the feet are presenting first and it can be dangerous to deliver them naturally. Up until a few weeks ago I had fully planned to have a vaginal birth, and to be honest was looking really forward to the experience, as odd as that may sound. I was devastated at first when I found out I'd have to have a section, which was only confirmed to me today at my failed ECV.

Oh wow girls, I didnt want to sound personal!! neither rude!!
My cousin had an elective section, because she wanted to, no medical reason.
I just wanted to see the statistics of how many approx are having it because they want to rather than for medical reason.

I didnt want to offend anyone, so please do not understand the question they way each one wants. It is just out of curiosity.

If the question sounds rude to you, then please do not answer :)

What country do you and your cousin live in Suzan?

While I'm planning to have a natural birth and I totally pretend to be okay with that when people ask me how I feel about labour and I go through my well rehersed "of course, I'll be fine, its a totally natural process that my body was made to do... etc" part of me can see why someone would elect to have a c-section if they lived in a country where they could...

*deep breath* I plan to just keep repeating my line about its all going to be okay until I believe it too!

Also... random fact... Australia has 30% c-section births... and... while the woman running the antenatal class said what percent were elective of that and what had a medical reason... I cant remember personally, but I think about half of that number was elective (so like 15%) but dont quote me on it!

What country do you and your cousin live in Suzan?

Sorry for the late reply.

I dont live where my cousin lives. She lives in Colombia. She was terrified having a vaginal birth, so they did a c-section.

Where I live my doc hasnt brought to me if I can have options. I wont choose c-section over vaginal.. only under certain circumstances like things getting out of hands.

Oh boy if i could have a vaginal birth i'd be exstatic it's not like i haven't tried twice either :roll:

This is an elective section because

no1. Laboured for 4 hours before prolapsed cord was recognised meaning emergency "crash" section
no2. Laboured for 2 hours before they relised he was transverse and that his leg had come out first :roll: so emergency section.

now i've been through "too much trauma" to try for a a normal birth so they wont even consider me

I don't think anyone should opt for an elective if they have the option of a natural really i don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->