Just for fun - How long into your relationship did you hit "the milestones"

Your age: 32
Partners age: 34
Age met: 30 & 33
How did you meet: We met on an online dating site and chatted for a couple of weeks before we met up :)
First date: He came to my place the day after my birthday with flowers and chocolate for a movie night
Made it official: We were official pretty much straight away, but I had to wait 8 months for the L bomb, and we moved in together pretty much straight away from then.
Moved in together: April 2015
Engagement: Not in any rush! Will happen eventually but we both aren't phased
Wedding: As above.
TTC/ Plan to ttc: January 2016

Your age: 35
Partners age: 28
Age met: 28 (7 years ago)
How did you meet: We were both working overseas in the same town and met on a night out through mutual friends (who actually are married themselves now).
First date: I don't even remember now. I think our first date probably dinner out at an Italian restaurant near us, but this was several weeks after we technically started dating. We mostly just went out with friends and hung out at home.
Made it official: I think we technically decided we were a couple a few months after we started dating.
Moved in together: We technically lived together within about 6 months of meeting, but then we moved back home (our homes were a 10 hour flight away from each other) and were long distance for 2 years. We finally moved in together permanently when we'd been together for about 3 years, after sorting out all our immigration issues.
Engagement: When we'd been together for 2.5 years.
Wedding: On our almost 3 year anniversary.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We had our first just after our 4 year anniversary (after being together for 4.5 years total). We're WTT for #2 until I can take some time off work for maternity again, which won't be for another year probably, which will be just after our 8 year anniversary. Makes me feel old now just saying that!

Your age: 23
Partners age: 21
Age met: 22
How did you meet: at college whilst studying to become merchant navy officers (which we both didnt like and both left together!)
First date: See i count the first time we met as a first date at the open evening for the college :p even though other people were there! but hey maybe it was the first week when we moved into college accomodation when we went to the pub totgether!
Made it official: The week after we moved into college accomodation!
Moved in together: Were both living in his parents house atm but technically weve been living together since April this year which was 8 months in!
Engagement: Not yet :) but we have spoken about it!
Wedding: haha no where near this yet!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Will Probably be in like 3/4 years! when were both settled in a job that we both like!

Your age: 29
Partners age: 30
Age met: 23
How did you meet: online
First date: coffee shop
Made it official: Pretty much right away but didn't start using the terms "boyfriend/girlfriend" until maybe a month in
Moved in together: 3.5 years
Engagement: Just over 4 years
Wedding: Just over 5 years
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: 6.5 years

Your age: 27
Partners age: 33
Age met: 19
How did you meet: on a night out
First date: pub
Made it official: after a month or so
Moved in together: After 9 months
Engagement: nearly 5 years ago so we had been together 3 years
Wedding: hasnt been one yet!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Started trying July 2013 so after 6 years together. Hope to ttc mid 2016, would have been together 8.5 years!

Your age: 32, 33 next month
Partners age: 37
Age met: 30
How did you meet: At work. We both were working at Universal and we met there.
First date: We did the traditional dinner and a movie, then walked around the mall!
Made it official: July 2012
Moved in together: June 18, 2015
Engagement: October 2014
Wedding: October 28,2017
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Last year. got my BFP Father's Day 2014 and had a baby girl February this year.

Your age: 26
Partners age: 29 shortly
Age met: When I was 23
How did you meet: We worked for the same company
First date: I can't recall a true first date, since we hung out a lot for a year before we started being together
Made it official: August 15, 2012
Moved in together: Within a year of getting together
Engagement: June 7, 2013
Wedding: August 3, 2014
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: June 2016

Your age: 32
Partners age: 36
Age met: I was 22, he was 26
How did you meet: Originally online!
First date: We went bowling and out for dinner
Made it official: Valentine's day
Moved in together: When we got married
Engagement: 3 years after we met
Wedding: 6 years after we met (long engagement!)
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Pretty much immediately after we got married, and within 3 months I was pregnant with twins! Then 15 months after the twins were born, we had #3. We're waiting to try for #4 until 2017.

Your age: 28
Age met: I was 23 and he was 25
How did you meet: I used to work at Tim Hortons when I was putting myself through University! He came in one day and gave me a card with his number on it! I called him two weeks later and the rest is history.
First date: We went to a movie!
Made it official: Aug 26th 2010
Moved in together: After I finished the last year of University, we lived with my parents for a little while, and then moved in about a year and a half just ourselves.
Engagement: Not yet!! Hoping one day though...
Wedding: Not yet! Hoping to get engaged before we actually try for a baby! :)
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We have come up with the date late next fall, 2016!!

Your age: 25

Age met: 22, 28.

How did you meet: I was actually "dating" one of his friends who lived with one of my friends. We first met when all of said friends went out to eat. I said about two words to him at the time and we didn't really start talking until a few months later. :blush:

First date: I randomly decided to add him on Facebook. He was online and we started messaging each other about being bored. He asked if I wanted to watch a movie and he came to pick me up. We spent the few hours before I had to be home watching Insidious and telling ghost stories. It was so innocent and fun.

Made it official: First agreed to be "exclusive" on July 23 (two days after we started hanging out), had a talk again on July 25th where he officially asked me to be his girlfriend. So, we go with the 25th. Haha.

Moved in together: I moved into the same apartment complex as him in August of that year, but, we basically spent all of our time together in his apartment.

Engagement: Asked me to marry him in August of that year. But, it kinda turned into an "unofficially engaged" thing.

Wedding: Hoping to elope this December and have a vow renewal ceremony on our anniversary in July.

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: I ended up getting pregnant with our son 3 weeks after we started dating. We're going to try for #2 hopefully sometime in 2016.

Your age: 29
Partners age: 31
Age met: 18
How did you meet: We met online when he was trying to meet people going to the same college. We both started the same semester.
First date: I'm not sure. The first day we met in person we walked all over town and ended up at the bridge/canyon. It was a lovely day.
Made it official: A couple weeks later.
Moved in together: 8 months later
Engagement: 3.5 months after we me.
Wedding: 6.5 months after our engagement.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We started ttc #1 immediately. It took 8 years but now we have a lively almost 17 month old. We have been ttc awhile now and are on a break waiting to start clomid in February.

Your age: Almost 24

Partners age: Almost 24 as well :)

Age met: 15

How did you meet: On MSN, back when it was "all the rage" haha, but we officially met in person in college at age 16. High school Sweet hearts :cloud9:

First date: Ooh.. That's a tough one! We were so young, so we didn't really go on an official date. So I guess it would have been lunch in the park!

Made it official: March 2008

Moved in together: I started spending half the week at his place in about August 2009, but officially bought our own house in 2012.

Engagement: Not yet, but I hope he hurries up!

Wedding: I'd be happy with just an engagement at this stage haha

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Well we had our first in Nov 2009 after NTNP in early 2009, and we will be TTC #2 in Jan 2016!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->